Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It is decided.  Here shall two Dwarves make their stand.  Until migrants come anyway.

Reality was not changed.
- 3 (15%)
Little Fortress on the Haunted Prairie won.  Watch out for hippos.
- 17 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: One For The Road: The Return To Tombcities  (Read 11293 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: One For The Road: The Return To Tombcities
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 06:43:30 pm »

You should make me a pheasant so i can start making traps.

Seeing as pheasants don't have opposable thumbs, you might find trapmaking difficult.
What? When did this happen?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2010, 06:47:01 pm »

Pheasants are large and tasty birds, while Peasants are large and tasty industrious commoners.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2010, 06:48:30 pm »

Pheasants are also bloody showoffs.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2010, 06:49:02 pm »

Pheasants are large and tasty birds, while Peasants are large and tasty industrious commoners.
Sory four beeing inable two speel wurds.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2010, 06:50:11 pm »

I couldn't resist. Besides, you could be a Pheasant if you wish (assuming Dwarf Companion can do that). Giving them [GRASP] would make them hilarious.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2010, 06:52:32 pm »

I couldn't resist. Besides, you could be a Pheasant if you wish (assuming Dwarf Companion can do that). Giving them [GRASP] would make them hilarious.
my god what is this Dwarf Companion? And make me a HIppo!
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:37 pm »

Count me in as well.

Name: Mission
Profession: Useless whatever turned into WeaponSmith

A doomed fortress doomed to doomness.... what couldn't be more fun?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 07:30:53 pm »

Count me in as well.

Name: Mission
Profession: Useless whatever turned into WeaponSmith

A doomed fortress doomed to doomness.... what couldn't be more fun?
This fortress is more doomed.
Every time I reclaim there's just more and more.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »

I posted the current list of people who want a Dwarf named for them, and all two who already have.  ToonyMan makes cheese and does a lot of recreational jogging (read: stockpiling gazelle bones) with his pet donkey; cowofdoom sits around the meeting-hall-slash-all-purpose-stockpile being useless.  I might make him a miner, since I've got a bunch of spare picks.  I went with people who posted in the HAPPY thread first for dwarf'n people, but everyone will be there eventually.

Still nothing wild and crazy to report.  I'll start working on a castle next, and maybe the zombie giant eagle stinking up the place will attack somebody.  Otherwise, I'm just waiting for a mob of migrants to throw against the hippos, to reclaim the axe.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2010, 12:44:06 am »

Wow. That's quite the list of dwarf requests.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2010, 09:48:10 am »

heh, this has my interest, tagging it so that i can keep an eye on this thread...
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2010, 11:11:04 pm »

Okay, so...  Yeah, I let this slip behind a bit.  Long weekend, some fast catchup on university stuff.  But I'm back in the clear and through another year!

So, those two Dwarves that migrated in last time?  A peasant and a cheesemaker jogger.  They are now cowofdoom and ToonyMan respectively, and I quickly put them to work hauling crap and carving stone blocks.  Life goes on, as boring as normal for a while...

Libash and Cog, now that they actually have someone to tell it to, finally get married.  Also, thank fucking God, more microcline and orthoclase!  Just what I needed!  Digging and random, color-coded building enterprises are begun.

MOAR MIGRANTS!  Two.  Two moar.  One brought his own tree cuttin' axe, so he must be WorkerDrone.  The other, another cheesemaker, is smigenboger, who gets to plant seeds.  All spend time carving diorite blocks and haul shit.  Why all the diorite blocks you ask?

Livin' in the PJ's... The Projects...  Low rent high rise y'all.  This crappy apartment building will house everybody for a while, and then eventually just the poor-ass haulers.  I think it'd be fun to build a modern-esque Dwarven city in this undead hellscape of a burning savanna.  Shortly after, the merchants return.  Irritatingly enough, the apartment's foundation rests on the wacky meandering path the wagons were able to use before to reach my depot.  So I just got two donkey's worth of goods.  But what great goods they were.

Turtles, steel, logs, and coal.  Rockin', sorry about that wagon full of expensive crap you lost last time you came.  Here, I'll sell it back to you, on the cheap.  Oh, and take this pile of gazelle skulls as a token of our appreciation.  And speaking of gazelles...

Another little gaggle of migrants arrives in the fall, and this is what's waiting for them.  I'm thinking I'll call the area The Bone Bone Plains or something.  I suck with names.  Anyway, the migrants are mostly crap, save for an Armorsmith (congrats Akigagak, you're useful).  I organize the miners under Libash and the peasants and fish dissectors under WorkerDrone, and the battle is on.

TacoDan gets his Neo on, but is also the casualty, laid up with a broken arm and no kills to show for it.  Most of the others bag a gazeleton or gazombie each.  The man of the hour is Deon, who held three gazeletons at bay while the others caught up.  However, a few idiots go running south, chased by a vagrant skeletal warthog.  I really hate this map.  JoshuaFH puts it down.

TacoDan being a wimp who won't drink alcohol, necessitates a clear path to the foul, undead tributary of the River Styx down hippo way.  This giant mass of pathing restriction is supposed to keep the Dwarves from running too far south, into shambling monster attention.  It fails of course.  Josh gets chased around by a stingray and a couple gazeletons again, and puts them all down waiting for the military to arrive.  He's quickly becoming the most well-heeled Dwarf in the fortress.  Oh, what military you ask?

Any chucklefuck can chop down a tree, so I make WorkerDrone head of the new military.  He's supported by Deon and Myroc, wielding hammer and spear.  None have the slightest bit of skill.  I send them down to do battle with a few more bony gazelles and tigerfish, before charging the real danger.  Skullspurned, the skeletal hippo with a name!  The foolhardy conscripts bumrush the biggest, baddest monster on the map and...

WorkerD smacks it down in one hit.  Motherfucker bodyslammed a hippo.  And so ends the interesting news of the year.  TacoDan luckily healed up, reclaiming much else over by the river is stymied by haulers running in terror from another hippo trapped in a hole, and I remember why no one can go outside when a (mortal) giant eagle arrives.

I don't know how, but no one is dead yet.  People named aside, Duke 2.0, Armok, and Vester also got Dwarved.  Duke takes up tree choppin' with WorkerD on gazeleton patrol, Armok is a clothier with two kills under his belt, and Vester is busy smoothing stones.  See y'all next time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2010, 12:15:45 am »

BODYSLAM.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 04:02:19 am »

I originally asked for smelter, but I'll accept awesome warrior badass.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2010, 06:43:59 am »

Awesome! :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11