Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

It is decided.  Here shall two Dwarves make their stand.  Until migrants come anyway.

Reality was not changed.
- 3 (15%)
Little Fortress on the Haunted Prairie won.  Watch out for hippos.
- 17 (85%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: One For The Road: The Return To Tombcities  (Read 11287 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: One For The Road: The Return To Tombcities
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 12:03:36 pm »

Oh Captain my Captain!

I'll take a Dwarf, just name him Cthulhu.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 01:10:42 pm »

Can I claim a cook or brewer dwarf? I realize you have a lot of requests, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 02:05:12 pm »

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I want in!

I claim Mason/Engraver/Wrestler.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 02:46:50 pm »

Name: ToonyHam
Profession: Jogger

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 04:55:45 pm »

I want in too. ;D

I have two requests for my dwarf:

First, I want to be either a mason or an engraver.

And second, I want my dwarf to die in the most hideous and contrived way possible. Hippos are a bonus.
Oooh ya!

I want a Hammerdwarf/Mechanic. Named Lutz.
When off duty he's a Mechanic.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:47 pm »

Count me in. I'm looking forward to this last look before the new version.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »

The horror...

The horror...

Now I am alone.

May the next damned souls who stand here know that I, Cog Estildegel, did not lay down and wait for death.  May you tame this land as we could not.  May the Gods show you mercy, for no other mercy awaits.

Here ye!  Here ye!  All Dwarves [STOUT] and true!  Take up ye axes, ye hammers, ye picks!  Yoke ye oxen and ye cats!  Tie ye beards and fix ye helms!  North we must go, past the brackish rivers and fetid hills!  The colony of Tombcities has fallen!  Surely ye honor cannot let it lie!  Mount ye wagons, and we will ride!

So here's the skinny, folks.  Somewhere between the goods, the tiny hole they carved, and the zombie tigerfish, Tombcities is a wealthy enough patch of nowhere to earn a Reclaim party of twenty eight Dwarves EDIT: Okay, turns out, every time you choose to embark on a Reclaim, it picks a different number of Dwarves.  I'll probably just do it over a again a few times until I get enough for now.  They all need names and professions, so grab'em while they're hot.  You get to pick ONE (1) military profession and ONE (1) civilian profession.  I'll honor the posts that have already been made.  And before anyone asks, you don't get to pick a gender.  They're all Dwarves after all.

Also, the group needs a NAME.  I want a good one people.  There's already an anvil waiting at the site, and the military professions include their own equipment, so I've got 2260 dwarfbucks to spend on supplies.  For 28 (quantum) beardies, most of that should be food and drink obviously, and there's not many trees at the site.  Water shouldn't be a problem - those dead hippos won't know what hit them.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:00:56 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »

I'll take a macedwarf / jeweler please :D

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 06:05:46 pm »

Aqizzar, are there any special features on this map? Like, say, sand, magma, or other things?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 06:09:52 pm »

How about Tholizeg Vagush Rash

Deepapes the Killer(s) of Death.

But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »

The Key of Fellowship

The Abyssal Tomb

The Sacrificial Fortress

The Cheerful Town

The Treaty of Dust

The Circumstantial Artifact

The Handle of Outrage

The Godly Gloves

The Enjoyable Prick

The Eternal Mechanism

The White Metal

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:46 pm »

Aqizzar, are there any special features on this map? Like, say, sand, magma, or other things?

There's a river, and I think sand, but otherwise probably nothing.  As you can see from the map, it is technically on mountainous terrain, but not an actual mountain tile, so I don't think there's any special features underneath.  Which is a damn shame, but hey, I've got water and stone at least.  You can have fun with those, and it'll make smelting an actual challenge.

In other news, I'm tired of wrestling with the Reclaim function.  Seven Dwarves will make the initial trip to Tombcities: WorkerDrone, Duke, Vester, Jakkarra, Leafsnail, kinseti, and Hippoman.  All "lowers" I realize, but I chose them because they already listed their professions (sort of) and I wanted a spread.  There's no miners, but we all know any numbnuts can swing a pick.  Tholizeg Vagush Rash (sorry Toony, already wrote it) for the name, just need to decide on the loadout.  Animals?  Seeds?  Meat?  Help me out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 06:24:09 pm »

Well, we're going to be trapped underground, sealed away, for at least a while.

So we'll need wood, lots of wood.
Boooooze.
Food, get lots of the value 2 meats, in stacks of 15-20. Mostly for the free barrels.
A couple of animals that can be thrown into a pit and left to breed as a back-up food supply.
Maybe some stone to build an outer wall with?
2-3 picks.

That's the essentials, I think.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 06:29:41 pm »

Hmm... I seem to remember Plump Helmets, brewed and then cooked, work very nicely as food.  I also always took one of every kind of meat to abuse the free barrels you get with them, but...

And booze.  Don't forget the booze.  Lots and lots of it.  And dogs.  I tend to keep a standing army of War Dogs in all my forts.

Also, the last dwarf I named Leafsnail did not do very well.  A Giant Cave Swallow flew down the Bottomless Pit I was using a garbage disposal chute (wholly unnecessary but totally awesome), flew down the access corridor and ripped several chunks out of poor Leafsnail, leading him to die horribly.

Something tells me history may repeat itself.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:22 pm »

Altleast 50% of the points should be spent on wood. Then the rest can be placed into food/drink. I agree with akigagak, that the points should be divided between the many different foodstuffs in order to acquire as many barrels as possible. Spending some one guard dogs in order to prevent horrible death might be good as well.

I'd like my dwarf to be a smelter/blacksmith.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11