Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Superhero rumble, Game 3  (Read 9799 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero rumble, Game 3
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 01:58:12 pm »

Ah. Yeah, then, SHADOWdump. You should do something about it. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2010, 02:09:51 pm »

I suppose I should have quoted. SHAD0Wdump was the one who made the power so when he said it should be thrown out or reworked, that effectively means I'd have to be the one to rewrite it.
>_>

Alright, PMing a new version.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2010, 02:41:38 pm »

That version is much better. I'll put the power list up tomorrow, after Armok and Archangel have had a chance to rejoin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2010, 04:04:10 pm »

I'm going to be attacked by everyone, aren't I?

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2010, 04:06:04 pm »

Oh yes.

Hehe.

Hahaha.

Muhahahahaha!

...sorry. Had to get that out of my system.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2010, 04:07:28 pm »

By anyone who gets BERSERKER, most likely.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2010, 04:10:19 pm »

By anyone who gets BERSERKER, most likely.
I'll need that teleport thing, then...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2010, 04:22:33 pm »

I'm probably not joining this turn actually.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2010, 01:07:08 am »

I'm in again. Same powers as last time.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2010, 02:10:50 am »

I'd prefer if dodge was changed. Dodging the first attack just means that people will wait longer before sending in their moves.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2010, 02:15:05 am »

Just make it so that the first attack is always reduced to half, or 25%, or whatever.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2010, 02:23:19 am »

The problem is that the *first* attack is dodged. If anyone wants to use any significant amount of energy in an attack against the owner of the power, they'd probably have to wait until the time limit is nearly up to have more chance to do the most damage. This obviously slows down the game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:40 am »

Throw a dX then, using random.org. Or use "most powerful" instead of "first".

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2010, 03:46:09 am »

Yeah, I was tossing up between "first attack" and "most powerful attack", so change it to the latter.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2010, 09:03:00 am »

It's bidding time.

Acidious Gas: At the end of each round, all other players lose 10 energy and you lose 5 energy.

Antihero: All energy changes to the owner of the power (once battle commences) are inverted, the owner of this power loses if their energy exceeds 100.
GM note: Starting below 0 will kill you although the power selling rule still applies. Also the minimum energy you can have during the game with this power is 0, going below that will bring you back to 0.

Atomic Restructure: Allows the user to pick one player, from then on, that player's defense is halved and if when killed the resulting damage is enough to kill him/her, all players are dealt damage equal to the remaining amount. Only the user will be informed of the change. This power may only be used once.

BERSERKER!: When used, all damage dealt by the player is tripled, however the player's defense is halved and all damage he receives is doubled.

Choice of Fate*: If you are attacked by more than one person, you may choose whom you get hit by, all other attacks aimed at you are ignored.

Dodge: When multiple attacks are directed towards the player with this power, the most powerful attack directed toward him will miss. If there is only one attack, the amount of damage received, i.e. the amount exceeding this player's defense, will be halved.

Flash Fire: Spend 5 Energy. All players' Attacks this turn are added up and split equally between all players as unavoidable damage. (Round up in case of decimals)

Goop Grenades: Target player cannot allocate points to defence during their next turn.

Hyper Immune System: At the end of any round in which you sustained damage (including Burn), gain 10 Energy.
GM note: This takes effect after Acidious Gas.

Mind Control*: Burn 10 Energy. Reallocates one player's Defense and Attack. You may not attack someone on the same turn that you mind control them.

Power Theft*: You may once per round, after all attacks have been resolved, exchange Power Theft for target Power of your choosing. The power's previous owner gains control of Power Theft.

Rollout: Spend 25. You must attack someone this round. Multiply the energy allocated to attack one target by the number of turns you have consecutively used Rollout.

Stretch Violently: Burn 10. Half the energy you use to attack counts as energy used on defence. (as would be used by, say, Mr.Fantastic)

Super Speed*: Spend 20. Negate a Super Power that targets you. If that player would spend or burn energy to use that power against you, that Energy is still used.

Once again, there's * powers. As before, I'll work out what happens in phase 1 and post it, not taking account of anything that could potentially happen in phase 2. If you have mind control or super speed, you pay to use it then. If you have power theft, you need to mention you're going to use it (although I have no problem with you saying what you're going to steal when you send in your moves because that's one less PM I'll have to wait for.) For phase 2, you choose who/what to use your * powers on and then I'll post the finished round.

It's complicated and needs a lot of work but it's the only way to cope with so many powers that let you make choices after everything has been worked out.

Obviously Power Theft doesn't really fit into the same category as the other three but I'm classing it as a * power so I can know in advance that it's being used. It still takes effect after the round instead of acting simultaneously with phase 1 moves like the other * powers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:14:46 am by SingularByte »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11