Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Superhero rumble, Game 3  (Read 9793 times)

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Superhero rumble, Game 3
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »

The first post of the third game is on page 6.

This is superhero rumble.
The main rules are here.
The first 5 people to sign up are in the game. They should PM me two powers for everyone to bid on. I'll reveal them once I've got all of them, so everyone can send me bids.
If a power seems like it would make the game less fun then tell me before all the bids have been sent in. If enough people agree, I'll ask the creator of the power for a new one. This shouldn't need to happen often because the most powerful powers will generally recieve really high bids.
If you end up with very little energy to start with, I'll allow you to return one of your powers to get 50% of it's cost back.

If you want, you can give your hero a name and rename your powers but it's not strictly necessary.

There should be a turn at least every week, possibly a lot faster if I get everyone's moves fast enough. If you take more than a week, you'll automatically put all your energy into defense.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:23:46 am by SingularByte »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero rumble
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:48:33 pm »

I'll bite, Pming.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

I'll play too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »

Signing up...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:32:46 am »

I haven't quite got as many people as I wanted but it's probably possible to start with this few so does everyone just want to start now or should we wait a bit more?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:57:25 am »

I say start now, but add a superpower that lets somone join after the game alredy started...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:13:51 pm »

I dunno. Maybe if we play a round, more will join.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:52:39 pm »

Okay. Let's start bidding then. These are the powers, in alphabetical order. One of the powers was renamed because the pm noted that it needed a better name. Some of the powers have been reworded a bit.
To bid just send me a pm saying how much you're bidding on each power.

Bidding resumed.

Become Inanimate Object: On a turn that you activate this power, your attacks do not reduce other player's energy. When you activate the power, you may choose either:
  Furniture: Attacks against you are all treated as 0 energy actions. If more energy is spent to attack you than half of what you spent on defence then you may not use this ability again until you survive an entire round without losing energy.
  Armour: Attacks with less energy than half of your strongest attack may not reduce your energy.

Big Punch: If you assign no points to defense this round add an additional 75 to one of your attacks.

Distracting shiny objects: Spend 35. The hero using this ability targets another hero and distracts them by tossing shiny objects at the target. The targeted hero's allocated actions are reduced in half by the dizzying attack.
GM note: I'm going to say that the energy spent is going to be halved (rounded up). Also, it has no effect on Everyman.

Double-Edged Sword: You start with an additional 50 energy. Your Attacks do double damage. Opponents do double damage to you. You Defense is taken after doubling the Attacks against you.

Everyman: Choose a trope from TVTropes(at least 1 month old and with at least 10 examples). Allocate 30 points to attack and defence to that trope using a colour that the game's host has difficulty seeing. The host allocates points to the trope before looking at your allocation. If your allocation is within 5 points of the hosts allocation then your allocation is added to your actions that round. You may not allocate 5 or less points to the trope's defence or attack and you may not use the same trope twice.
GM note: I'll be using a random number generator for this one.

Fast Forward: You jump forward in time. You PM the Gm the number of turns you want to jump forwards, and you cannot interact or be interacted with for that number of turns. This takes effect after the resolution phase. Any attacks aimed for you on the round you do get back are however doubled due to the element of surprise. In addition, you don't get to take any actions that turn.

Force Field: All attacks lose 5 Power against this Hero.

Teleport: Changes position with the target, all attacks aimed at you hit them, and all attacks aimed for them, hit you.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 05:20:40 am by SingularByte »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »

in,lemme find a trope

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 03:18:40 pm »

Is it too late for me to join?

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 03:28:30 pm »

It's not too late to join. I'll close bidding and remove the powers I've added. Once I've got powers from you and jetsquirrel, I'll reopen it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 04:21:00 am »

I would like to leave it till the weekend, to give people a chance to think of cool superpowers they would like to see.

If people don't want to click on the link, the rules are basically, you start with 100 energy, you bid on superpowers using your energy, then the game starts in earnest.

Everyone then privately nominates their energy to attack specific people and defend themselves. You lose energy equal to the amount by which the combined energy in attacks against you was greater than the energy you nominated to defend yourself.

Superpowers change these rules, players can nominate which order attacks come in, so abilities that increase the effect of bypassing defence may be quite weak without extra wording, as the player they hit can just say that the energy of that power hit before their defence reached 0...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:06 am »

I've got all of the powers so I've reopened the bidding. There's only 8 powers because Jetsquirrel quit so we're down to 4 players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 06:22:30 pm »

PM sent
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:24:03 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:48 am »

Here's the results.

Become Inanimate Object: Won by Armok for 20.
Big Punch: Won by Armok for 40.
Distracting shiny objects: Won by ricemastah for 35.
Double-Edged Sword: Won by Armok for 40.
Everyman: Won by Armok for 10.
Fast Forward: Won by RAM for 16.
Force Field: Won by ricemastah for 20.
Teleport: Won by Armok for 45.

Armok: -5 energy
Become Inanimate Object
Big Punch
Double-Edged Sword
Everyman
Teleport

RAM: 84 energy
Fast Forward

ricemastah: 55 energy
Distracting shiny objects
Force Field

webadict: 100 energy

Armok needs to sell one of his powers then everyone can send their moves in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11