Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Torasalath (succesion fort)  (Read 8994 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Torasalath (succesion fort)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 04:11:15 pm »

30-50 FPS? That's no lag! That's very decent frame rate! D:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 04:12:54 pm »

To those pampered by a 70+ fps it is. But one adapts.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 04:20:37 pm »

70-100 is too fast.

I had ~15 when I started my very first map (random 6x6) so yeah, I adapted to low speed :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 01:40:23 am »

yeah i think that 50fps is good enough maybe 60 but i dont like 70 or higher.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 05:26:35 pm »

To me anything under 100 is lag :P
I usually run at 200-ish fps, lower on larger forts.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 12:40:31 am »

Um, I meant "skip me", not "I'll upload a three-days-into autumn save". Use whoever went previous to me's save.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:00 am »

Okay, Ajar, your go.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2010, 07:26:44 am »

Up and going guns blazing I forgot to make log. The dogs tore a kobold thief. That was something worth seeing. Otherwise it's been quite calm.
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 05:18:31 pm »

5th Limestone

A kobold thief has thrown away his miserable life in the teeth of our busty gate dawgs. More bones for the Collars.

25th Limestone

We have bought an iron anvil from the mountainhome caravan.

20th Obsidian

We've dug a deep chasm to separate the barracks from the rest of the settlement. Any spare obsidian we've managed to smoothen and shape has been put in place to the new river crossing wall section. That wall section will embrace a tunnel to the future Mayor's tower on the west side of the brook.

21st Granite

A Kobold thief tried to sneak in, again. This time it didn't get its fate, instead it slipped away and now our wardogs are off the restraints chasing it in the wild.

22nd Granite

An elven caravan has arrived. Better if they sneaked off too like that twisted kobold did.

25th Granite

Another dead kobold thief. Scum. Our dogs take care of them.

8th Slate

Tis meems that the pointyears still be camping at a pedestal of better kin than theirs and we went sell them stone and some wood log so they get offended and leave the depot.

1st Hematite

Last month new immigrants moved in. We now number 55 and have elected 'Omegastick' as our worthy Mayor. We're in shame for not being able to prepare his chambers out of stone and metal yet. Although we bought an iron anvil from the caravan last autumn, we're still not able to forge metal, because our magma moat is not yet ready. That is because of the combined Barracks magma gorge and magma moat of the magma factory. I hope magma makes our first defence moderatley soon. Magma is a good blockade against enemy. Magma makes stone warm. There is little we cannot accomplish with the power of magma. Magma is an essential part of every good fortress. Mamgaburns attract females. Mmm... Magmaaa. When we finish the magma moat we will forge chain and bucket to our well with magma.

5th Hematite

'Ajar' Rampartclouds has been elected as the second Mayor

10th Hematite

The Human caravan has arrived. We trade with them with finished goods.

20th Malachite

Even more migrants.. Good, we need every beard we can get to swoop the fortress floors.

1st Galena

I've designated a site for graveyard. The summer has taken its toll. Our woodworker has died.

23rd Galena

The crazy leatherworker died of thirst.

1st Limestone

I have designated the construction of the vault. May our fortress be prosperious and filled with fine crafts.

23rd Limestone

Deriving from the bag, we've just trapped a goblin snatcher. It get's worrysome as goblins are fond of moving in bigger herds.

26th Limestone

An ambush! Curse them! Champions!!!

27th Limestone

I think we got all of them scum goblin ambushers. They took 5 of us! This is a sad day indeed. We now number 58.

8th Sandstone

The merchants were angried by too much to offer to them and so few what to buy with because they couldn't access their wagons. They left with their few metal bars. Now we must make our own metal! Also Some migrants have arrived. We now populate this fortress 65 beards strong. Kids have beards-

14th Timber

A dog has given birth to A puppy at the underwall fishery! Celebrations! A good omen for the fishers.

16th Timber

Our engineer went insane and we had to sadly end his days.

28th Opal

We are still having serious mining operations in the magma forge magma moat.

2nd Obsidian

There's something seriously weird with this galena stripe. It goes on and on. Makes us more wealthy though! Every beard I see is so cluttered for working long hours without a good ole ale wash

10th Obsidian

My tower is getting com-ple-ted! ! But the galena vein has struck its end. A good bargain! Soon will be magmaluring! And melting into valuables!

15th Granite

The elves have come to trade with us, again. They have a long tail of kobold thiefs behind them.

6th Slate

The dungeon master has arrived with other migrants.

7th Felsite

The magma moat is filling up.

19th Felsite

I have designated the construction of more quarters in the Torasalath cliff-embraced housing.

17th Hematite

A vile force of darkness has arrived. We're militarising the entrance and pulling everyone inside the fortress until the siege is lifted. I fear that our hunter has met though a glorious, but dark death outside the walls.

23rd Hematite

The enemy has left.

13th Limestone

The caravan has arrived, liason from the mountainhomes with it. Now we will get all the supplies we need to face our enemies siege.

14th Limestone

Curse! An ambush! We sent the champions to help the caravan so that we can trade goods. This is very essential, for I know many will fall if we don't get the steel plate mails in time.

20th Limestone

No! No! No! The goblins have ruined everything! We now have 10 graves occupied.

7th Sandstone

Some migrants have arrived. We number 88.

1st Moonstone

It is 'Omegasticks' Rule.

20th Moonstone 304

I have designated the drain tunnels for a throne room waterfall. Everything is so unfinished!

17th Obsidian

Everyone has been happy. Everyone except 'Omegasticks' who has so high standards!

//FPS IS SO LOW NOW!

15th Slate

Some migrants have arrived.

//FPS REVERSED

2nd Felsite 305

Things are moving towards glory, slowly, but surely. I have ordered new dogs to be trained for war purposes. We now have two sculpture gardens in our town. The fortress is under construction. It will guard the southern passage to the fortress, that is next to the magma crater.

8th Hematite

We've got so many untraded crafts in stockpiles we could BUY a fortress. We're populating 105.

10th Hematite 305

A human caravan from Dur Anir has arrived.

15th Hematite 305

A clean caravan! No goblins! Now we trade by the beard of Armok!

27th Hematite

Noo! The merchants have sneaked away!

//Again, it's sort of slowish

4th Galena

Some migrants have arrived. We now number 114. The baron might come any season so we have to catch haste in finishing the throne room.

8th Limestone

So much stone blocks! We're drowning in the sea of megaprojects.

11th Limestone 305

Traders have come.

15th Limestone 305

Curse! An ambush.

//traders bug. they unload then upload and get the crap out of my fortress before I CAN trade. crap, now I must make a dwarven atom smasher to get rid of my finished goods :( Anyways, after one year it's not the same fortress anymore.

And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2010, 03:56:59 am »

we need a immigrant smasher or drowning chamber, i hate when too much migrants come >.>

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 08:23:45 am »

Is 'Ezum' still bookkeeping and pitchblende-hugging, or was one of those unnamed casaulties?
SigFlags!

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:57 am »

Ezum is still hugging her splendid office. I built a gigantic vault of valuables and gems for her to manage. Our fortress is though appallingly poor. I've disabled all risk causes from Ezum. Only a handful of our dwarves have died during the few years. Like 15 or so.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2010, 04:52:18 pm »

Just remember, the baron's tomb throne room has to have a horrible deathtrap pretty spikes and a lever for recreational purposes!

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 12:41:26 pm »

14th Sandstone 305

Blasted curses from the woods! Our hunters have used all the arrows, now we need to make new ones to train crossbows.
Some migrants have arrived. So many peasants.

22nd Obsidian

Our projects are moving onwards. We've mined out the baron's quarters. I suppose the baron will arrive among the next migrants as we're up to 120 dwarfs strong in this fortress. We're still facing the wood shortage which is appearing as lack of barrels for brews, and this shortage is caused by metal shortage. We simply don't have enough axes! We even make our weapons out of stone! Blasted 'Omegasticks' took all our silver.

20th Granite 306

An ambush at the palace construction site! This defence line needs to be reconsidered. If nothing is done the goblins can just walk into the throne room an raid the rest of the fortress from there any time!

21th Granite 306
No losses! The good side in these attacks is that we now get iron bars from their items.

22nd Granite 306

A child snatcher! Arr! Dogs tore it apart.

22nd Slate 306
The Philosopher Rakust has arrived. I suppose he will be dwelling under the bridge as he is noble, refuses to work, but requires no quarters. Funnily, our number is 142 but there's little nobility although we could be ruled by a duke already.

1st Felsite

A goblin snatcher has made it away with one of our babies! Grief!

5th Hematite
By the beard of Armok! I enjoy the sight of no slacking in here! The corridors smell of sweat, blasted good work and the dwarf is happy.

//blasted fps :(

I've found a promising leader to our military among the new immigrants. His name is Zasit.

5th Malachite 306

The fortress has attracted no migrants this year. This is unheard of. I thought someone would always be interested in moving in just to have a loot, *this be look at 'Omegastick's' mausoleum, or his silvery dining room, our small miracles.
Brilliant! Brilliant! We have traded for the first time in years without an interruption! Balance is restored, for a short while. Wish we had silk though!

//I'm going to try to speed up the FPS by buying a bunch of overprized gems so that the amount of low prized placeables (scepters, idols, cloth, leathers) will decrease. You might want to do this too. Dwarven cheese is an excellent investment!

12th Malachite
The punishment for sleeping in the military fortress is becoming recruited.

15th Malachite
We will be producing handwear, quivers, armor, cloth, leather waterskins and crafts next year.
24th Malachite
A wave of deaths has shaken the fortress. Some of them prisoners, some of them military in sparring.
25t Malachite
The philosopher tells that Omegastick is the best liar in the fortress

14th Limestone
The caravan from the Mountainhomes has arrived.
24th Limestone
They got our metalsmith! The goblin scum! This has been avenged, but next day the goblins attacked the throne room and fortress corner next to the volcano crater and killed three of our war dogs. Our champions arrived only a few moments too late to shed harsh vengence upon the goblin scum murderers.

25th Limestone
I've bought us steel!

11th Sandstone
Because of the recent deaths, no dwarves were attracted to our fortress this year. These deaths have nothing to do with Omegastick's tyranny.

//this year 306 was such a success that I might pass this save on soon. I've still got the FPS issue to handle.
We will now produce crossbows, crafts, fish, war hammers and tanned hides for trade and our own supply.
1st Moonstone
Another dwarf has died in the construction of the dungeon. This is a good sign for dwarves and a bad sign for our enemies.
Amost Lorelis has gone berserk and been relieved from his pain.

26th Moonstone
Rakust curses: Of course if you follow Omegastick's philosophy you have built all damn perfect fortifications against every possible wind direction but then falling prone to the weakness of leading the enemy straight into your throne room. You don't need a joggler. You don't need a goddamn jester!

17th Obsidian 306
The throne room is almost finished. I guess if I count my fingers right half of our soldiers are healing from wounds in the barracks.

24th Obsidian 306
I have started the tradition of sacrificing a cow to Armok every 24th Obsidian by throwing it into the volcano.
The calves of the cow are shaking above the sacrifical pit.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:57:28 am by ajar »

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:24 am »

21st Slate 307

The countess has arrived with her consort, tax collector and hammerer.

19th Malachite 307
The fortress happiness has dropped. It is probably a cause of living problems, perhaps a problem with the sun! Perhaps crime, perhaps just not cool enough fortress.

20th Malachite 307
The throne room is finally finished. Now let see. There's a slum, there's a slum with no quarters and there's quarters. Sheesh. 1/3 ecstatic 1/3 happy 1/3 content. Metal production halted. Pretty much everyone is also jobless. There's enough food but too few barrels. That can be solved by making more barrels, I just bought tons of wood from the humans.

25th Malachite 307
A titan is spotted nearby!

It seems it's time to pass this game on.
Save file:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1868
map:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-8042-greatestbolts-torasalath
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 09:40:54 am by ajar »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7