Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Extreme growth  (Read 3646 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Extreme growth
« on: January 23, 2010, 11:31:35 pm »

I'm looking for a game where you keep growing. Super growth, like from cell to human sized life form, or from tribe to space travel. Or form cell to space travel.

A constant flow of new abilities and/or technology. And as much depth as possible.

Don't bother saying SPORE

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Extreme growth
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 11:37:24 pm »

But that's what you described. From cell to space travel. It's a total arcade though as you know :).

I wish there were "serious" games like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 11:52:46 pm »

I don't think it's that no one has bothered to make them, i just think that It's not possible to make one so detailed yet. Dwarf fortress alone goes from just tribe to bigger tribe, almost industry if you are good enough.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:54:10 pm »

Katamari damacy

-No depth
-No tech tree
-No Spore
-Extreme Growth
-Extreme Fun
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:57:09 pm by Soulwynd »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 05:04:25 pm »

Empire earth,

like age of empires, but from tribal to future tech
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 05:07:24 pm »

Teching up in EE got a bit boring, you'd just be building settlements and garrisoning citizens in them to upgrade them to capitols solely so you could tech up. On the other hand playing on a planets map against an enemy and starting at the lowest age could be fun. The enemy would built units as it went so by the end you'd have your massively upgraded mecha cyborgs smashing through tribal club men supported by medieval knights and WW1 machine gunners.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 05:26:05 pm »

Flow. You start from a single-celled organism and eat other organisms while trying not to get eaten yourself. You constantly get larger and larger, adding segments to your body. You can lose parts in combat if another organism attacks (eats) that segment.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 05:34:25 pm »

Empire earth,

like age of empires, but from tribal to future tech
Flow. You start from a single-celled organism and eat other organisms while trying not to get eaten yourself. You constantly get larger and larger, adding segments to your body. You can lose parts in combat if another organism attacks (eats) that segment.
Is there anyway to get EE for free? I mean, it's pretty much abandonware as far as i know.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 10:08:25 pm »

Actually Gametap has it and they charge money for their special games, so it's not quite abandon-ware.

And i already played all of those >_>

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 04:26:57 am »

You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 04:35:38 am »

Is there anyway to get EE for free? I mean, it's pretty much abandonware as far as i know.

Abandonware is an outdated concept, today.  Pretty much any game from the last fifteen years that's good enough to want to download, is still being sold legitimately and benefiting the creators.  Even older games are being added to Steam and stuff all the time!

Yeah, it's off-topic.  But recently more than ever, "I want abandonware" just means "I want to pirate".  Old games are available for affordable prices.  Buy 'em.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 03:18:22 pm »

Abandonware is an outdated concept, today.  Pretty much any game from the last fifteen years that's good enough to want to download, is still being sold legitimately and benefiting the creators.  Even older games are being added to Steam and stuff all the time!

Yeah, it's off-topic.  But recently more than ever, "I want abandonware" just means "I want to pirate".  Old games are available for affordable prices.  Buy 'em.

These days all we're paying for is convenience. Most of the companies that created these games are long dead or absorbed into larger entities, leaving them incapable of accepting any kind of royalty or what have you. The only people getting any money are those who own the title and those who package it (I.E. Steam, publishers/producers).

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 06:01:53 pm »

You could try Europa Universalis 3.

Play as the Aztec, try to take over the world. They start with one territory. surrounded by another central American empire. This is bad for numerous reasons. The only thing produced in their only province is Gold. This is bad for numerous reasons. You will not get a single technology researched until the year 3000, unless you westernize. This is only possible after you share a border with a western power. This is also bad.

All in all, they start with possibly the worst possible positions on the world stage. Good luck.
!!&!!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 06:10:53 pm »

Spore!
It's exactly what you described!

Anyways, I didn't like spore too much, it was alright for the first species, but then it gets boring.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 06:17:29 pm »

Thats not evolution though, it's art given status...
Pages: [1] 2