Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: so what do I do with the demon and his stuff?  (Read 871 times)

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
so what do I do with the demon and his stuff?
« on: January 23, 2010, 08:31:42 pm »

so I went in to a dark fortress and rescued a bunch of children, killed the demon I was told to kill, and slaughtered a bunch of goblins. Ive never gotten this far before so what do I do now?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
Re: so what do I do with the demon and his stuff?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:12:35 pm »

Stack the goblins up by a tree and set it on fire in the middle of an Elven Forest Retreat, then set fire to it.

Then take the demon and toss it into a volcano.

Be sure to take screenshots!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

valcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Experience rivers.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:14:13 pm »

I hear elves bleed red ...

Also, play with fire, climb a mountain, go to a city and steal everyone's underwear, have broken leg races between 2 enemies, uhh, tons of stuff!
Still doing Let's Plays, still got a gold toof. 

Adventure Mode:  The Movie!

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:49:49 pm »

Talk to the children until they tell you where their parents live. Then, go to the town where the most of them live and retire your adventurer. Resume your adventuring after returning the children to safety.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 02:46:20 am »

Deliver the children to their homes, hunt down every remaining mega/semimegabeast, and create the biggest pile of burning wolf corpses you can. Then throw yourself into a volcano.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:40:30 am »

destroy all sapient beings.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:52:06 pm »

okay, this is unfortunate but I went to sleep after posting this I woke up and continued the game hoping to get to my home city before checking this page for ideas well on the way out an elf thief started attacking me concentrating on the thief made me miss the goblin swordsman who walked up to me swatted me across the roof killing me.
so how did he do that? my only guess is that it was an attack counterattack thing but I'm not sure.
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 09:02:13 pm »

Sounds like:

Goblins Hammergoblin hits you in the upper body with a hammer!  Critical Hit, it is asploded!  You are dead. 

Anyway, the combat system is random like that, what did the announcements say? 
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 09:23:54 pm »

it was the usual you feel sick and the lists of damaged organs.though he got at least two hits in that I saw. I don't understand how he did that unless I missed.I'm using a mod race, If I had gotten hold of him he would have died but he didn't so. the thing that bugs me is that you would expect the children to mob the goblin to save me but instead they just stand there as there rescuer is hacked to pieces by a goblin.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 12:24:43 am »

destroy all sapient beings.
This is the most sensible thing to do at a time like this.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false