Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: I am so excited for the next version!  (Read 9055 times)

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: I am so excited for the next version!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 12:57:22 am »

I'm looking forward to the hilarious bugs the new version will introduce.  I don't know what they'll be yet, but I'm sure there will be some good ones.

yeah, the bugs will be great. ever since "dwarves clean cosmetic layers" was added in, ive been eagerly anticipating the consequences of a dwarf, perhaps an injured dwarf, getting confused over what his "cosmetic layers" are and attempting to clean out the inside of his intestines or kidneys. i can imagine some interesting things happening when an external layer is torn off, and the one underneath becomes the new external cosmetic layer. im sure that problem is going to appear somewhere, if only in a mod. imagine some poor dwarf in a hospital bed with a nurse attempting to hold him down and get at his innards for cleaning purposes.

apart from that, im specially looking forwards to the new military/healthcare in relation to exploring the new underground with all its awesomeness. i went back and played the 2d version, and man, it was harder and in some ways more interesting then the newer versions. i hope that feeling of progress as you dig deeper and find more stuff is recaptured, as currently the underground is a little boring and once you have a massive fort with the hfs defeated and sieges on farm status, you run out of things to do.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:15 am »

I'm looking forward to the hilarious bugs the new version will introduce.  I don't know what they'll be yet, but I'm sure there will be some good ones.

yeah, the bugs will be great. ever since "dwarves clean cosmetic layers" was added in, ive been eagerly anticipating the consequences of a dwarf, perhaps an injured dwarf, getting confused over what his "cosmetic layers" are and attempting to clean out the inside of his intestines or kidneys. i can imagine some interesting things happening when an external layer is torn off, and the one underneath becomes the new external cosmetic layer. im sure that problem is going to appear somewhere, if only in a mod. imagine some poor dwarf in a hospital bed with a nurse attempting to hold him down and get at his innards for cleaning purposes. 

Bump chikka wow wow.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Thanshin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 04:38:09 am »

I hate you all.

I lived a happy quiet life, ignoring the next version; and you had to start a thread about the many things we can't have right now.

Now I don't want to play the current version.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 05:04:36 am »

Oh, get over it. I'm excited, but I can still put up with three sets of chain mail in the grap of one wrestler, while all the other wear none.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Danjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 07:47:14 am »

While the military seems to be a highlight of the next version (or at least, many many features affect it), I would have to say I like the material system best. I don't make mods, and I haven't played any yet, but the fact that things are made of materials is pretty epic if you change it around. That, and dragons can breathe any material sounds like it would lead to some hilarity.

Think about it: a dragon that could breathe molten gold, or (as the list suggests) Dwarven lungmen.
Quote from: mrbobbyg
Hey, I'm cool with you tying a dog up and shooting it with a ballista if you're short on elves, but there's not need to lie about it to us.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 08:51:55 am »

When will it come out  ???
i dont know that  :o

Im waiting for the health care, i WILL find a dwarf that has the personalities of Doctor House and call him like that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 08:53:18 am »

While the military seems to be a highlight of the next version (or at least, many many features affect it), I would have to say I like the material system best. I don't make mods, and I haven't played any yet, but the fact that things are made of materials is pretty epic if you change it around. That, and dragons can breathe any material sounds like it would lead to some hilarity.

Think about it: a dragon that could breathe molten gold, or (as the list suggests) Dwarven lungmen.

I want a dragon that breathes SoF.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mattex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:35 am »

I'm looking foward to colossi(or something large that can bleed) with the blood of acid/magma, so that when you eventually Wound them, they melt you.

I want a dragon that breathes SoF.
Dangit, i was going to suggest a Dragon that breaths Dragons, perhaps the start of a monster that can "spawn" things?
Quote from: Mattex
God i hated him. He burned, burned like those elven traders. "Hows THAT for magma-safe!"
Mattex McGamer Cancels Life: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2010, 08:59:38 am »

I'm looking foward to colossi(or something large that can bleed) with the blood of acid/magma, so that when you eventually Wound them, they melt you.
It has a wonderful defense mechanism. You don't dare kill it.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2010, 10:16:15 am »

I'm looking forward to a dwarf not being permanently, uselessly bed-ridden because he has a missing toe, and dwarves with broken legs being able to get crutches and walk to the drink stockpile themselves.

Also, prepared elephant eyeball biscuits.  Mmmm, just like momma Urist used to make.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 10:58:30 am »

yeah, the bugs will be great. ever since "dwarves clean cosmetic layers" was added in, ive been eagerly anticipating the consequences of a dwarf, perhaps an injured dwarf, getting confused over what his "cosmetic layers" are and attempting to clean out the inside of his intestines or kidneys.

I recall seeing something about the possibility of a dwarf's eyelids being cut off, resulting in them using soap to clean off their eyes.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2010, 12:22:36 pm »

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!

Essentially, I'm giving up on my current fortress and it's stupidly ambitious megaproject.  There's just too much awesome in the next update to make continuing worthwhile.  The two main things for me are the removal of the 15z level cap (allowing for epic constructions) and the underground features.  Combine these with all the other tastiness and my college education is going to be in peril...
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

ZJVavrek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2010, 12:48:47 pm »

For me, it's the underground and expansion of the number of z-levels.

I don't think I'm enough of a veteran DF player to really appreciate all the medical and military enhancements, though I certainly look forward to them.  Plus, I'm quite interested in what The List (as linked on page one) says about Attributes.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2010, 01:13:59 pm »

The most frustrating thing is that it is so close to coming out, thus making the next couple of weeks nearly agonizing. This fall, I had checked the developments maybe once a week. Now, I find myself checking every day! This is ridiculous.
Yeah yeah yeah!

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2010, 01:48:29 pm »

I'll mod in a wolfman with an air breath attack. And buildingdestroyer2.

Probably the entire underground section.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7