Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: I am so excited for the next version!  (Read 9060 times)

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am so excited for the next version!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 09:05:35 pm »

I just read the List. Most exciting?

-New underground
-Titans
-FORGOTTEN BEASTS!

There's a lot of organisational goodness, ability to set burrows etc, but I am really, REALLY excited about vast underground mysteries populated with horrible abominations. Oh, nice, nice, nice.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:48 pm »

finding a lovecraftian abomination while my fortress digs into the earth.

or coming across several of the monsters, the dead but dreaming.

or opening a pit into the worst thing our dwarves can comprehend. creatures so dispicable that they  go mad from the revelation.

hospitals will be nice, and the new training methods sound like they will be beast.

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »

FORUM GLITCH

MOVE ALONG, NOTHING TO SEE HERE
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:22:59 pm by warhammer651 »

Heliomance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:49 pm »

Afteer experiencing my first siege today, I would have to say I'm most looking forward to the ability to define precisely what I mean by "inside" when I give the "civilians stay inside" order. Hint: It's not my entrance tunnel.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 10:14:21 pm »

finding a lovecraftian abomination while my fortress digs into the earth.

or coming across several of the monsters, the dead but dreaming.

or opening a pit into the worst thing our dwarves can comprehend. creatures so dispicable that they  go mad from the revelation.

hospitals will be nice, and the new training methods sound like they will be beast (we'll need them).

You do know about the Edit button, don't you? There's no need to double-post.
About the new release: Burrows, health care and improved bodies all sound extremely interesting. Especially because you'll be able to mod a weapon that fires giant sawblades! Or at least, I'll try.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 10:23:43 pm »

i did press the edit button.........

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 10:25:31 pm »

^Actually, that's what happens when you hit the quote button instead of the edit button when you try to edit your post. I've seen a lot of people doing recently for some reason.

I'm going to set a ton of underground layers and build an apocalyptic city inside the resulting caverns over the demon pits surrounded by magma and seal myself off from the surface, then see how long it takes before the flood of demons and other underground monstrosities overwhelms the city.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 10:35:08 pm »

The underground, especially the part about finding large twisted monsters deep inside caves. Naturally, I'm absolutely giddy about having unlimited Z-levels. Now I can finally realize my dream of building a castle inside an enormous cave that has magma at the bottom.

I also love the fact that the military overhaul and the burrows are going to nicely cut back on the amount of micromanagement necessary to maintain a decent-sized fort. It'll give me more time to put towards the important things, namely building ridiculously superfluous traps and making an unholy ruckus until some god-awful abomination gets pissed.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 10:45:59 pm »

I seem to be the only one who is looking forward to the random creatures. The thought of a flying war dog that spits venom is just to damn awesome!

Rorax

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Straight Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 11:01:08 pm »

After all the comments so far, I actully have to say underground does seem pretty damn exciting, now when your building your fort, and you plan out your picture perfect legendary dining room, your miners may stumble across a horrible cavern filled with bad bad bad things :P so not only will dwarves die, you symmetry will be broken :3

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 11:15:11 pm »

I sure hope there is no end game timer like in the old 2d version, or atleast have it be able to be toggled in the ini file.  Otherwise i feel this version will be disappointing, even with all the new stuff.

That idea was discarted a long time ago, and will probably never show up again.

Anyway, mostly looking forward to the underground, the z levels thing, new titans\forgotten beasts, burrows and new squad management. I'm pretty sure the first thing I'll do when I get my hands on the new release is to play around with arena mode a bit.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 11:25:39 pm »

I'm actually quite excited at the new methods of being able to manage your military, and the complete revamps to the Combat system, e.g Multiple attacks with a weapon (blade, tip, pommel).

Who am I kidding, the entire update is something to be twitchy about. The Underground, Poisons, Health Care, the Arena, Appearances, Burrows, MY HEAD WILL IMPLODE.

Also with the material updates and the custom workshop capabilities, modding in Guns will be entirely feasible, and perhaps is what I will do first.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:30:13 pm by CrimsonEon »

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 11:43:30 pm »

Giving one of my starting dwarves all medical skills and naming him "Doc".  ;D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 11:46:14 pm »

I want to see endless sources of monsters.  I want to raise a dwarf who can hold his own against the horde, eventually fight them back to the source, then play wack-a-mole.  Particularly if they're eldritch horrors or randomly-generated gibbery things.

I'm not sure what burrows are exactly, but it sounds like a way to define seperate "mini-fortresses" or groups.  Which sounds super awesome.  Time to recreate Lucasarts's Loom.  Come on, the glass town was even made of *green* glass!  I seriously wondered if the Toady got inspiration from Loom when I played it.

Also zombies.  Infectious mind-crippling disease, maybe have it boost their speed or make them have explosive blood...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 11:58:52 pm »

i can't play the current version, i want the new stuff too bad to play the old version :(
Back to Mafia with me!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7