Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hero of the Moment RTD Turn 2: Where did it go?  (Read 2779 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Hero of the Moment RTD Turn 2: Where did it go?
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:14:51 pm »

The war had dragged on for 34 years. A small nation by the name of Burgassato was under attack for it's rich resources and strategic location.

Two countries, Julkartha and Mantassi, had signed a military alliance and launched a simultaneous attack on Burgassato. The Burassatis never had a chance. However, for every inch of soil they gave up, they killed a hundred men.

However, in the 34th year of the war, the Burgassati were at their final stand. Their capital, nestled in a valley surrounded by a large mountain range, was finally under assault. The Burgassati fight one last time.

Dug in and on their last reserves, they need heroes. someone to turn the tide, someone... like you.

Alright so, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. You will die in this RTD. You will not succeed. However, your actions might be enough to inspire others, and hold their ground.

This RTD will be played one or two at a time, and will have a waiting list of heroes who will come in after another has fallen.

I'm interested in trying this. It might be cool.

Here's what I want:

Name: Name please.
Skills: Two skills that you are good at.
Reason for heroism: You can put whatever you want here. Personal revenge, Patriotism, etc. What motivated you to stand up and rise above all the others, and to give the ultimate sacrifice?
Background: Oooo, fluffy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:39:14 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of the Moment RTD Experiment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 12:31:16 pm »

Name: Repner
Skills: Using explosives and unarmed combat
Reason for heroism: Being drunk (What?)
Background: Repner comes from a family of miners, where he learned the use of explosives, and is quite short-tempered, leading to a lot of bar brawls. Surviving them made him a master of unarmed combat.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 12:53:39 pm »

Name: Blue
Skills: Pistols and Pain Supression
Reason for heroism: Being drunk (slightly less than Repner)
Background: Blue is the last member of the once proud royal pistolier division-not very useful against tanks, it turns out...being the final survivor, he feels compelled to seek death and join his comrades. He is a mean drunk-he doesn't drink as much as some, but he drinks enough to feel no pain!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 01:01:01 pm »

Turn 0: Last Stand

Blue and Repner get up out of the trenches outside the capital, Haznar. Having shared three bottles of whiskey together, they are sufficiently smashed to suppress the surprised soldiers.

First actions, peeps.

Quote from: Blue
Skills- Unskilled Pistolier 0/2
Unskilled Painkiller 0/2

Status- Healthy!

Location- Trenches in the suburbs of Haznar

Quote from: Repner
Unskilled Demolitionist 0/2
Unskilled Brawler 0/2

Status- Healthy!

Location- Trenches in the suburbs of Haznar

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »

Charge towards the enemy while flinging grenades their way and singing an old miner's song.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »

Charge, attempting to drunkenly copy the song He's singing. Look for any guy with a whistle or shiny medals indicating higher rank, and give him a bullet!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

Charge, attempting to drunkenly copy the song He's singing. Look for any guy with a whistle or shiny medals indicating higher rank, and give him a bullet!
You see a Colonel, giving orders to platoons. (5) You shoot him in the head, ending his evil life, and quite a few others as the bullet continues! (6) You fail to copy his singing. It's quite shlurred.
+1 to Observation
+1 to Pistoling

Blue:
Skills-
Unskilled Pistolier 1/2
Unskilled Painkiller 0/2
Dabbling Observer 1/2

Status- Healthy!

Location- Battlefield in the suburbs of Haznar

Charge towards the enemy while flinging grenades their way and singing an old miner's song.
You charge towards the enemy, but you're too smashed to throw a grenade, much less aim it. (3) You do sing an old miner's song quite well though, distracting squads of soldiers (5)... who begin to shoot at you.(1) You get hit in the arm and fall to the ground. At least you're not going to bleed as much.
+1 to singing

Repner:
Skills-
Unskilled Brawler 0/2
Dabbling Singer 1/2

Status- Shot in the arm

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 04:14:04 pm »

Could I get on the waiting list?

Name: Cheddarius
Skills: Sniping and fleeing
Reason for heroism: Grew up in Burgassato, wants to help defend the country he loves
Background: IS SECRETLY A ROBOT grew up in an orphanage fled to Burgassato after murdering father IS SECRETLY AN ALIEN Grew up in Burgassato. Joined military, got some skills. That's about it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 04:40:25 pm »

Fling grenades and insults their way, trying to aim for enemies shooting at Blue.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 04:50:01 pm »

I want in!

Name: Rotiart
Skills: Backstabbing and Betrayal
Reason for Heroism: None at all.
Background: When it was just a kid, one old man told him "It is not the strongest who survive, but the ones most responsive to change". He took this saying to heart and has led an honorless life, switching sides whenever it seemed to be advantageous.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:20:08 pm »

Actions
Take the time to instruct Repner in the finer arts of painkilling (by which I mean, booze him up some more)

Then take some potshots at the soldiers that get close.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 11:58:39 pm »

Name: RAM
Skills: Suppression fire and remaining upright.
Reason for heroism: Because if I don't do it, who will?
Background: One of the few remaining automatons has been sent out to buy some time. While only a ceremonial model it has been well maintained, and some extra armour has been bolted on to cover its overly polished heraldry and some proper weapons have been fitted to replace its previous armament of 1 ornamental lance... The emergency modifications haven't been tested, and it has never been in combat conditions before, but how bad can a metallic giant be?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 04:38:49 pm »

Right. TURN 2!

Turn 2: Where did it go?

Take the time to instruct Repner in the finer arts of painkilling (by which I mean, booze him up some more)

Then take some potshots at the soldiers that get close.
You try to booze him up, but fail to do so. (3) You do, however, manage to take down a single soldier with your pistol. (4)

Blue:
Skills-
Unskilled Pistolier 1/2
Unskilled Painkiller 0/2
Dabbling Observer 1/2

Status- Healthy!

Fling grenades and insults their way, trying to aim for enemies shooting at Blue.
It's extremely hard to throw grenades while smashed and with a bullet in your arm. So much so, that you pulled the pin but couldn't throw it. (1) It just blows off your arm, thankfully. (4) You really, really need a doctor. Death in three turns otherwise from shock, trauma, and loss of blood. Did I mention shrapnel went into your torso? OH GOD THE PAIN!

Skills-
Unskilled Brawler 0/2
Dabbling Singer 1/2

Status- Non-existent arm, shrapnel in body

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of the Moment RTD Turn 2: Where did it go?
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01:07 pm »

Actions

Charge the enemy lines, doing backflips and richochet shots for dramatic effect, resisting all pain!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of the Moment RTD Turn 2: Where did it go?
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 12:28:26 am »

Drunkenly ignore your wounds and sing inspirational songs for Blue and allied troops so they join his charge.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:52:39 am by Digital Hellhound »
Pages: [1] 2