Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: The Invasion  (Read 28249 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Invasion
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 09:39:39 am »

You tell everyone to back against the wall and engage at range, and instruct the second twin to go help the Gunner (Gunner's BS is improved by 1!). The other twin picks up a dead Sergeant's weapon for himself.
A volley of Lancer fire rains upon the alien. Half of these miss, and the beast ignores the rest. Only the first twin's new pistol manages to do some harm, piercing through the back of it's skull, but it's still not going down. (Alien Warrior 1 Wound Lost)
The beast pulls up it's massive organic weapon and fires but, perhaps it's vision harmed by the first twin, misses all it's shots.
It decides to engage in melee instead, starting to move towards you.

The Gunner and the second twin open fire with the Shredder. The heavy bullets, while not Devastator Rounds, are still quite deadly.
The beast's ribcage is torn open by the first two shots, allowing the remaining two sink into the organs beneath.
The massive alien takes a step back, lets out a pathetic roar and falls dead. The first twin, standing right next to it, empties another clip into it's head, just to be sure.
(Alien Warrior 1 Wound Lost - Death)
(The day is saved again, thanks to the Shredder Autocannon, pride of the CDC! I'm throwing you against six Warriors next... grhm.)

And then it's over.

You sit there for at least ten minutes in complete silence. The train continues speeding through the landscape, and eventually even the green clouds in the horizon disappear.
Then the Troopers and the Gunner tell you they have a report to make and promise to mention your aid in it.
Devie eventually leaves to seek medical attention for her shoulder with a 'cya', and you walk back up the train with the twins.
You fall asleep very quickly, now that the danger's finally over.

Alien Warrior Killed! 50 XP!
Lvl 2! +1 Attack Gained! (Also for the Twins and Devie, they don't get the ability, however.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, the next map...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:16:10 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2010, 12:23:45 pm »

I just realized you have absolutely nothing to do here, so I'll just go on to the next map.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 02:36:58 pm »

(Lancer Lost!)

You wake to a Vennet twin shaking you. 'We're here.'

The train has stopped in the woods. You're led up a small forest path, until you arrive at the edge of a highway.
On the other side is something you’ve seen a thousand times before, in newspicts, vid-feeds, newspapers, everywhere. Basir Keep.
Home of the Praetorian Guard.
You used to dream of being a Guardsman when you were a kid. The elite of the nation, where only the very best got in. As time passed, you began to understand how much of the stuff was propaganda and how much true. Still, on top of the great protective walls around Basir Keep, clad head to toe in elegant blue-grey armour and carrying battle-staffs with bolts of energy travelling up their surfaces, they do look like formidable warriors.
CDC troops wait for you at the entrance. The Guardsmen stay inside, to your disappointment.
A CDC Sergeant begins shouting instructions as you approach.
‘ Anyone wanting to join us against the alien threat and take up arms, go to the northern edge of the base, to the Training Center. Everyone else, there’s food and beds in the eastern edge.’

The two Troopers you fought with yesterday stop to talk with you. They tell you they're '3rd Platoon', if you need them.

(The image number is 0666, uh-oh.)

About training; you can choose one training course from these for each member of your team;

Basic Training (+1 WS, +1 BS)
Marksman Training (+2 BS)
Heavy Weapons Training (Character becomes able to use Heavy Weapons and special ammo, +1 BS)
Close Quarters Training (+2 WS)
Grenadier Training (+1 BS, character gets 3 free Sonic Grenades and 3 Anti-Tank Grenades (ie, armour-piercing grenades))

If you can think of more, share your ideas with me.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:18:26 am by Digital Hellhound »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 07:10:51 pm »

> Get marksman training

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 07:13:31 pm »

Convince the twins to get either Basic or Marksman training.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 10:21:48 pm »

Every time I read the twins I immediately think of the Twins from Superjail. Am I the only one?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 12:52:59 am »

Choose something for Devie as well.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 01:04:46 am »

HEAVY WEAPONS TRAINING.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 01:06:20 am »

She is still with us?

Training Ideas:
Close quarters and Stealth.
Devie: What sir WorkerDrone said.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2010, 01:17:53 am »

Coo'

Marksman training for you, Heavy Weapons for Devie and Basic for both of the twins? (You can put them on separate training courses, y'know..)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 01:23:51 am »

Guys, how about we all get Heavy Weapons except Devie gets Marksman? We'll be able to handle Shredder autocannons (You need HW to use them, right?), and the twins can load up Devastator rounds.

DH, this adventure is really great. You update so often - each day when I check Bay12, I can look forward to two or even more updates, while others only update once a few days or even a few weeks. Plus it's really awesome. I mean, Shredder autocannons and Devastator rounds? It just... it's really awesome.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2010, 01:28:58 am »

Nah, we need to be flexible. For example we're the squad leader, the twins are the grunts, and devie is the person withthe Browning Automatic. (Based off WW2.)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2010, 01:39:05 am »

DH, this adventure is really great. You update so often - each day when I check Bay12, I can look forward to two or even more updates, while others only update once a few days or even a few weeks. Plus it's really awesome. I mean, Shredder autocannons and Devastator rounds? It just... it's really awesome.

Thanks!  ;D  The updates don't take that long usually. I have to warn you though, Mass Effect 2 comes out tomorrow, so the update rate might drop. :P

Well, Devie's BS is the lowest, only 2, while you others already have BS 3, but she'll get +1 from the training, so I guess it's fine. Also, because she's the only one of your group who's going to HW, she gets an AI-controlled Loader as her partner from now on. Well, until that Loader dies, of course.

(Note: Shredders aren't the only Heavy Weapons of the CDC, so you won't necessarily get that.)

EDIT: Looks like it's still gonna be you= Marksman, Twins= Basic, Devie= Heavy Weapons, then. Update coming after school.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 02:10:05 am by Digital Hellhound »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2010, 09:31:00 am »

I just... what the... fuck you B12.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

That basically translates as; I was ready with my ultra-long post and pressed Preview for the last time, when...
Bay12 crashes.

What the hell, internet? Seriously. This wasn't supposed to get so long, so I didn't save it on Word or anything, like I usually do with long stuff.

Great.
Just great.

I'll try to rewrite.

EDIT: Didn't turn out exactly like the original plus I think I forgot quite a lot of things, but eh, here it is;

You all decide to go into the Training Center and join the CDC.

In you go…

You

’ You’re the worst bunch of wanna-be troopers I’ve seen in the past 20 years. Not any of you could hit the broad side of a barn, nor an enemy in the combat zone. How am I supposed to make you into real soldiers when you can’t hit a target right in front of you? Carver, what do you think you’re doing? You moron, you’re holding it upside down! Twenty pushups, now, all of you!’

This is going to be a long two days…

The Twins

‘ Karlsriq, Vennet, get up, they’re only flash-mines! There’s still time, people, move it! I want all of you in that box before the time runs out!’

Devie

‘ Warl, Incendiary Grenade in the middle, now! Woah, woah, Repner, keep it steady! It this was the real thing, you’d be only hitting friendlies like that!’

‘That’s better. Okay, that’s enough for today, you’re all dismissed.’

Three days have passed.
As you’ve been briefed, the Enemy is moving towards Basir Keep. Refugees and remnants of troops from all over the nation have arrived, and the remains of the region's air force and armoured regiments are on their way, but contact with them was lost yesterday, and nobody knows when they’re coming, if they are at all.
The alien fleet has moved to bombard settlements on the other continents, but the local alien army is still vast. Reports show it has harvested the city clean of organic matter (read; eaten everyone and everything) in a matter of days, and used it to grow in numbers. This new breed of aliens are going through an incredibly fast phase of evolution, changing in colour to match with the city grey and becoming even more heat- and cold-resistant. Two new types of alien have been encountered,
the first being the aliens’ organic equilevant of artillery and the second a massive and extremely tough alien beast, towering above everything else.
Basir Keep is also the new Regional HQ, with the city overrun. If it falls, the whole region is lost.
Apparently, the alien assault in the two surrounding regions has been stopped, more or less succesfully.
In Iandir, the region to the west, the aliens were all but annihillated in a massive battle. The reports said the battle had been going badly at first, but that the tide had been turned with clever positioning of artillery and modern tactics.
In the north, however… more than half of their forces had been killed or heavily wounded, and even still they had only managed to keep the aliens out of the regional capital.

The Praetorian Guard plan against the alien attack was quite simple; first, while the aliens were still in the forests, they would commence a series of hit’n’run attacks, trying to take out most of the big ones. These attacks would continue until the enemy got too close to the Keep, at which point they would retreat back in. Then the doors would be closed and walls manned.
Guard Engineers had also mined the surrounding area and set up the few Sentry Turrets they had found.

Many were doubting the hit-and-run tactics the Guard was planning on using. The aliens had already proved they had improved senses so taking them surprise could be extremely hard.

You have been tasked with defending an old Executioner artillery piece just outside the Keep against enemy scouts. It's connected to the Keep underground, and you're supposed to
bring down the entrance when you finally retreat.

(+2 BS Gained! Lancer w/Scope Gained! CDC Body Armor Gained!)
(The Twins have Gained +1 BS and +1 WS! The Twins have Gained 2 Lancers! The Twins have Gained CDC Body Armor! The Twins have Gained 2 Sonic Grenades!)
(Devie has Gained +1 BS! Devie has Gained Meltacannon (Str. 9 AP 2, One-Shot, Short-Ranged)! Devie has Gained CDC Body Armor!)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:13:46 am by Digital Hellhound »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 11:19:39 am »

What can we do but
> wait?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39