Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: The Invasion  (Read 28247 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: The Invasion
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2010, 09:45:09 pm »

All right.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35:31 am »

That's the build already.
Well then let's make everyone better at what they do.

And a slight change to the plan;
>Carefully select and then attack targets based on how close the target is to any fellow troopers or the artillery.  Afterall, we wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. ::)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:37:40 am by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:30 am »

The captain is an incompetent retard. He retreated when we could easily take the opposition.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51:56 am »

Well, yes, but not any of these guys have much combat experience. He ordered the retreat because of the enemy artillery strikes, not the ground forces, but still.

Guys, you seem to love the Meltacannon, but that's not the Meltacannon, that's your allies' Missile Launcher, so if you want it, I suggest you either; a) talk to the Captain when you retreat inside or b) kill the allies with the Missile Launcher and take it from their cold, dead hands. The Melta is pretty damn effective as well, but against singular targets. It could take down even their biggest guys easily (but still, Short-Ranged, so I understand if you want to change for an autocannon or another type of MG, or that Missile Launcher)

Note: The Missile Launcher actually only took one Crawler out in this turn. They need to be in close packs if it's gonna be of any use.
Also, even though it's effect may look cool, it's actually Str. 6 and AP 6, so even if it can hit a lot of enemies, it's not very powerful. (It does have special ammo though, but that's against one target only) It even allows an Armor Save for the C's, even though a normal Lancer doesn't.
A normal Lancer is actually more powerful than this Heavy Weapon here. (No, of course it's not overpowered, how dare you?)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:37:48 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 01:10:01 am »

Darn.
Okay, the Meltacannon's not so great then. I vote we proceed with the build, I guess.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 01:14:22 am »

I can make a cool effect for the Melta as well next turn, if that helps.

EDIT: The updates are probably going to go like this; School Ends; One Update; I go and buy Mass Effect 2; Playing; Playing; Playing; oh, it's night already (I could try to squeeze a small update here aswell); sleep; wake up; shortest day of school of the week yay; One Update, Playing ME2, and so on, and so on...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:21:21 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 01:39:16 am »

Of course more updates would be great, but whatever you need to do is more important. I mean, heck, if you want to spend all day playing "Watching Grass Grow 2: GROWTH OF THE ANCIENTS", it's not my place to tell you that you can't. It's your adventure, after all.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2010, 10:29:40 am »

You continue emptying your clips into the alien horde. The tentacled alien charges at the third Heavy Weapons Team's Loader and sends him flying towards the wall. To finish the job, it impales him with one of it's tentacles. It then turns it's attention to the Gunner, who stares in horror and tries to get up.

(The Missile Launcher and the Melta both missed this turn. The last HW Team still scored two kills out of four possible.)

You scored two kills this round;

Alien Crawler Killed! 15 XP!
Alien Spitter Killed! 20 XP!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:32:23 am by Digital Hellhound »

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 04:08:28 pm »

>Keep fighting, prepare to retreat.
Can't get enough Bolo.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 05:04:35 pm »

Prepare to fall back, but kill that motherfucker first.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 07:52:39 pm »

Do we have enough loaders?
> attack those J's; retreat if we can't beat them off. If they are killed and we don't have enough loaders, send Devie to load.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »

Regroup. Form a defensive line in the cavern, Troopers make the bulk while the gunners and loaders are at certain parts of the line.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:08 pm »

Can the executioner fire via remote control? because we could totally hide inside and tell the Executioner to detonate some ammo right on top of itself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »

Can the executioner fire via remote control? because we could totally hide inside and tell the Executioner to detonate some ammo right on top of itself.
I like that idea.  We could also line up some shells by the tunnel entrance and collapse it so we can't be chased.  But let's save this part for the retreat .
Can't get enough Bolo.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 09:12:05 pm »

> Stack shells in stockpile to prepare for retreat
> Light a shell on fire to make sure they aren't duds
> Become mesmerized by pretty flame. Tell everyone to come over and watch.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39