Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: The Invasion  (Read 28218 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Invasion
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 09:57:19 am »

You can't form any clear thoughts, so you keep running towards the train. It's already moving, determined to get out of the city.
Still, you somehow manage to run even faster, helped by the horde of alien creatures following you. Shredder's on the train open fire on the hordes, but they just keep coming.
The train door is close, but you'll have to jump.

You land on the floor of the train with a loud 'crash'. A moment later the first of the Vennet twins lands on your back. The second slips and nearly falls on the rails, but is pulled into the train by his brother at the last second.
The train begins moving faster. You see a few troopers still left outside. Poor bastards.

You have no idea where exactly the train is going or is it safe, but you welcome a few hours rest with open arms.

Unfortunately, a CDC Trooper decides to interrupt your little nap with a shout of 'Get up, we're not out of this yet!'

Gunfire erupts in the lower compartments, and you hear a few terribly familiar screeches. Looks like you're not going to shake them off that easily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 10:25:06 am »

Alert all the other civilian passengers that aliens have assaulted the trains, and that any  of you with guns should help the troops.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:56 am »

You turn to the other passengers and tell them to gather weapons and go help the soldiers. Nobody steps forward, in fact, someone even flees to the upper compartment.
Finally, a young girl sighs and steps towards you. 'I'm Devie. Let's do this.'

You would've hoped for more allies, but she will have to do. The girl produces a knife from her pocket.
The train shakes, and your imagination thinks up a dozen new horrors for you to face. You're not a soldier, maybe you should just stay here with the rest of the survivors...
You realize the Vennet twins and the girl are looking at you, apparently waiting for you to lead them down the train into the fighting.
Aww, man... You could still back out, they'd understand, right?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:58:10 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 10:59:59 am »

Proceed to the fighting.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 12:03:41 pm »

Time to be a hero.

What the...?

You pick your targets and strike. The creature ignores both of the blows from your frying pan, but you also manage to keep it off yourself. It leaps to the wall and prepares for another attack, and you take a quick look around.
Devie sinks the knife hilt-deep into the creature before it can react and bashes it twice against the wall, but the thing still lives and breaks free from her grasp. It drops to the floor and, almost immediately, leaps upwards, biting deep into Devie’s shoulder. She screams in pain and staggers backwards (Devie: 1 Wound Lost).
The twin with the knife attacks with a powerful swing, but his weapon glances off the alien’s carapace armor. It still shakes it enough to prevent a counter-attack.

The second twin, using only his fists, rips open the creature’s armor and throws it out of the window. (Seriously, the weakest one is the only one who actually manages to kill something?)

You turn just in time to block an attack from your opponent. Your gather all your strenght behind your next strike and finally, the alien is crushed between your frying pan and the wall.
You turn to see the first twin finish his own off as well.
With the help of the second twin, Devie also destroys her opponent, cutting open it’s soft underbelly and burying it underneath her boot, just to be sure.

Alien Crawler Killed! 15 XP!

(We're close to a lvl-up, yay! You can suggest abilities which I will then try to implement (I do have a bunch of abilities ready, from an old forum game of mine, but more'd be nice.)

That took long... whew. I also had to do the battles between the normal troopers and their opponents (though only for the first turn, as I forgot for the rest :P . See the red G in the bottom compartment? Those aliens just stand there and watch, not attack.)

Also, looks like I'll have to find another imagehosting site. The one I'm using now started throwing viruses at me today. Ugh...

EDIT: Or not.
I'll have to correct that. Internet Explorer keeps throwing viruses at me. About time I started using Firefox, eh?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:29:11 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:02 pm »

Head south to investigate the battle scene.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 02:34:53 pm »

>Obtain guns and ammo from the dead troopers.  Load up your party, seek aid to heal Devie.
>Investigate train. (Some more)
>DESTROY the Alien Menace!!

You could try image shack to host your images.  Its free and has unlimited everything.

Oh and when we level up, increase BS and S. Sv would also be nice.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:37:38 pm by xtank5 »
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »

tinypic.com

I always use it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:59 pm »

xtank, you need to get better armor to increase Sv, but we'll see.

You head down to witness CDC Troopers gun down the remaining aliens, however, another screech comes from the direction of the two last compartments, and something slams against the door below.

A new type of alien emerges on to the platform. In place of it's claws it has strange organic guns.

The Vennet twins are in front of the PDC Troopers, so they can't get a clear shot. The new alien sprays the first twin with Dissolver Acid, but his jacket miracously takes the most of it.
You shoot with your Stubpistol, but the shot goes wide. The twins charge at the alien, and together beat it down incredibly quickly.

Let's hope that was the last of them. The smaller ones have stopped coming, atleast.

No luck.
Another of the same type you encountered at the end of the tunnels charges through the doorway.
It stops in front of the twins and... and...

A shockwave of sound assaults your ears, and you feel like your head is going to explode. Then the sound disappears as fast as it appeared, leaving you standing dumbfounded. The Vennet twins both fall on to the floor. (Vennet twins Stunned by the alien Warrior's special attack, Sonic Blast)

You quickly grab one of the dead soldiers' Lancers and aim it at the beast. You're not used to the weapon, however. Your first shot misses by a mile and the second glances off the thing's thick carapace.
Devie's had the same idea as you, but she's even a worse shot than you.
The two Troopers have training, but the alien beast shrugs off their shots.
The Gunner has finally regained his senses, and sets up his Shredder. All shots hit, but only one pierces through. Without his Loaders, he can't use Devastator Rounds. (Warrior 1 Wound Lost)

And again, have to go, so the battle continues tomorrow. If you want, you can try to fight it in melee (with your frying pan!)
The twins will be up next turn, the stunning doesn't last any longer.

Also, thanks for the offers, but it turned out it wasn't imagehost that was throwing those viruses at me, as I said below.

Alien Spitter Killed! 20 XP! LVL-UP next turn!

You can improve WS, BS, S, T, W, or A. Your allies will also get a bonus to that.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:58:28 am by Digital Hellhound »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 05:53:27 pm »

Increase A

Is there a Steady Aim ability?

Run around the Alien Soldier and help the gunner. Tell Devie to try to pin down the Alien, by going to the side a bit and aiming at the head, or anything that looks vulnerable.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46:24 pm »

> have everyone use guns, get up against the wall, and shoot like there's no tomorrow. Have two worst guys (twins?) load Devastator rounds.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50:44 am »

The twins aren't trained in Heavy Weapons, so they can't (but you can train them in your next destination aftr the Warrior's dead, as well as everyone else from your team.)

So, when I get to the other computer I can make the update. We'll get an extra Attack and some kind of BS-improving ability then? (+1 BS for turn, maybe, and then improved versions (+2, +3)?)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 01:25:55 am »

What. They can't even load? It would seem like a fairly simple operation to me...

> have everyone just shoot then.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2010, 01:43:02 am »

What. They can't even load? It would seem like a fairly simple operation to me...

> have everyone just shoot then.

Well, sure normal rounds, but Devastator rounds require expert handling or something >_>
You can still assign them (or one of them) to the Gunner, this way he'll get a bonus.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 01:45:24 am »

Okay, sure, assign one to the gunner, and have all the rest pick up whatever guns they find and fire away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39