Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Damn Hippes  (Read 2244 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damn Hippes
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 09:37:21 am »

i think they sodomized it with one of their wooden swords

I fail to see how you arrived at this conclusion, given the damage is mostly in the upper body.

Frankly I'm a little terrified.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53:07 am »

I fail to see how you arrived at this conclusion, given the damage is mostly in the upper body.

which is longer a mountain goat or a sword?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 09:59:43 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Wound

According to the wiki you can't bruise most of those parts, then again it also claims its impossible to remove most of those parts...

What you'v got here my friend is an empty goat. I reckon there's an elf hidden in the inside and its an attempt at an infiltration!

Really? I haven't seen guts or lungs bruised personally, but I've seen all the others bruised many a time. I'd have to guess bruising; some of these parts are instakill if removed. Though admittedly I have no clue how the bruising is all interior rather than exterior. Maybe there's coding for "breathing freezing air" or something? Unlikely.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 10:04:37 am »

if your eyes are exposed to freezing air then they are badly bruised and it limits ur vision in adventure mode

darthbob88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 01:34:50 pm »

I can see it. I don't want to see it, but I can see the logic involved, such as it is. The injured areas, as far as I can tell, run through the torso, from the tail to the head. With a sufficiently long sword and sufficient craziness, an elf could cause all these injuries by sodomizing a mountain goat with a wooden sword. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a large drink to wash that image out of my brain.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »

That looks light grey, rather than dark.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 03:42:40 pm »

I think they're bruised mate. Is it conscious? Because removing a brain causes unconsciousness (heh, try doing it with an active save!).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 04:16:39 pm »

I have a couple of dwarves with brain/spine bruising, just to confirm it can happen.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 07:47:30 pm »

it could be light bruising but none have healed in years

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 08:07:46 pm »

Brain and spine bruises don't, and I've had more than one case where bruising hasn't gone away for a ridiculous amount of time, even years.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 08:39:03 pm »

Has it rained recently? If the elves traveled in a thunder storm and the cage was metal...
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »

Is it possible to change the color of the different grades of wounds? If so, change "missing" to purple or something and check it out.

Of course, if this goat is in fact missing its internal organs, then I would suggest that those organs were replaced by clockwork. That's no goat; its a robot!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:44 pm »

Is it possible to change the color of the different grades of wounds? If so, change "missing" to purple or something and check it out.

We're suppoused to be able to do this in the next version.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 09:45:54 pm »

Of course, if this goat is in fact missing its internal organs, then I would suggest that those organs were replaced by clockwork. That's no goat; its a robot!

This is starting to sound less like a fortress of drunken lunatics and more like a really bad sci-fi movie.

I don't think that it's impossible that they gave you a wounded goat. I've gotten cages from the elves that were presumably empty, but in fact contained random animal corpses.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 03:05:04 am »

That's no goat; its a robot!

you have to remember these are elves were talking about, they dont know the difference between mechanics and cannibalism
Pages: 1 [2] 3