Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question : Choosing attacks? [SOLVED]  (Read 964 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
question : Choosing attacks? [SOLVED]
« on: January 23, 2010, 02:15:53 am »

question, i have a custom race with a special attack i made, which works fine with wrestling, but i was wondering if I was able to Choose what kind of attack to use, like a punch, bite, or a held weapon, when holding a weapon.

IIRC, there was a way, in 40d that is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 02:11:44 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: question : Choosing attacks?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:54:18 am »

If you strike: The game picks randomly from a list of MAIN attacks. If you've holding an item, it's used to attack, exlusively.
If you use close combat: The game randomly picks from above and wrestling attacks on random bodyparts. The worst idea ever.
If you use charge: The character charges with a list of attacks from #1.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: question : Choosing attacks?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »

Thank you deon. while not an answer i was hoping for, it was for the uestion i asked. thank you.

The reason being for the question, a playable civ with a paralysis stinger.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: question : Choosing attacks? [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:13:28 am »

There IS a way to "increase chance" of attack: you simply include it multiple times in the creature entry, thus you get it more often :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository