Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: You are a shrubbery.  (Read 9293 times)

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a bush. (title won't fit in header)
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2010, 03:08:09 am »

You should gain the gift of music by rhythmically rustling your leaves and swaying, this will entice more humans to come that you may feed upon them and gain enough xp to grow larger than their pathetic little town and their false god Metalhead.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 03:12:03 am »

Gain the ability to create tumbleweeds, which will roll across the world, until they collide with a large predator, at which point they will inject plant matter into the creature, which infests its brain and causes it to be fanatically loyal to you.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 03:16:04 am »

Gain the ability to create tumbleweeds, which will roll across the world, until they collide with a large predator, at which point they will inject plant matter into the creature, which infests its brain and causes it to be fanatically loyal to you.
That's like six abilities right there man.

Anyway, you grow thorns. You can now slash mofos, albeit not very well. It appears your commotion has attracted the attention of bloodthirsty goblins! Which isn't surprising because there's blood, like, everywhere. A small raiding party of four has arrived. Do you protect your congregation?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a shrubbery.
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 03:28:40 am »

Our congregation is like, one dude, right?
Have kobold climb in and rustle threateningly, showing off impressive thorns. Telepathically tell goblins that you are a deity who must be obeyed.

Inventory?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

Four dudes and a kobold.

Inventory... well, four dudes, a kobold, a bucket, and one set of Adventuring Gear©.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2010, 03:54:05 am »

Man, I thought I ate the dudes.
> okay, do the thing, but have the guys act like I killed them. Have them at the ready to attack if it goes awry, defending me but letting me get within range for mofo-slashing support duty

EDIT: Also. The manifestation of a deity, not the deity itself.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2010, 04:00:27 am »

Tell one of the goblins that it is worthy, and that you once it proves itself worthy you will grant it the power to become a great monarch to its people, with hundreds of human slaves to play with. It need only sacrifice the most stupid of its companions to you.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2010, 04:03:52 am »

It has a knife. It doesn't like bushes much.

Better do something.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2010, 04:16:40 am »

Look innocent. Have the kobold run away up a nearby tree. Wait for goblins to go to tree to chase kobolds. Attack goblins while kobolds attack by jumping out of the tree. Learn to create nectar to make your chosen subjects stronger. Give adventuring gear to priest.
Read the First Post!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2010, 05:12:50 am »

tell all the goblins that line about proving themselves. One of them should buy it, right?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2010, 05:20:04 am »

Have your followers run for it, since I doubt they wouldn't be any help.

as an alternate to the "prove themselves" idea, tell them that their comrades plan to deceive them, and watch as they rip each other apart.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2010, 05:24:59 am »

Tell the other goblins that the strongest goblin the group is hording gold and not giving them a share.
Also tell your followers to attack the goblins whilst theyre buzy fighting.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2010, 06:45:02 am »

Throw peasants at the solution until it goes away.

Edit: And by solution I mean problem.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:47:06 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2010, 07:08:47 pm »

Ingest the surround plantlife and gain a massive amount of exp. After that, grow downward with an impressive set of roots, constantly giving you nutrients (EXP). Then, use to roots to strangle the four goblins, and then devour them. Give your kobolds their superior iron equipment, and give the adventurer gear to the prophet, although much larger he'll look stronger and....more...stronger..

Fuck yeah, most epic mental image ever.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2010, 09:57:07 pm »

Send the kobold to make cooing noises to distract while the 4 people dogpile on to it's back. Losses are highly acceptable and will be eaten for xp.
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7