Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Largely invulnerable body  (Read 5722 times)

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
Re: Largely invulnerable body
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 07:05:02 pm »

How much of this isn't going to mean anything tomorrow?
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2010, 12:20:18 am »

So, this may not work tomorrow, but are these on the right path?

Code: [Select]
[BODY:TEN_LINK_GORGET]
[BP:FFL:first front link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:SFL:second front link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:TFL:third front link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:FOFL:fourth front link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:FIFL:fifth front link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:FBL:first back link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:SBL:second back link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:TBL:third back link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:FOBL:fourth back link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]
[BP:FIBL:fifth back link][SKELETON][CONTYPE:NECK]

[BODY:VICIOUS_SHOULDERGUARDS]
[BP:FIBL:left spongy underpadding][SKELETON][CONTYPE:LUA_J][LEFT]
[BP:FIBL:left pauldron][SKELETON][CONTYPE:LUA_J][LEFT]
[BP:FIBL:left bladed edge][SKELETON][CONTYPE:LUA_J][LEFT]
[BP:FIBL:left spikes][SKELETON][CONTYPE:LUA_J][LEFT]
[BP:FIBL:right spongy underpadding][SKELETON][CONTYPE:RUA_J][RIGHT]
[BP:FIBL:right pauldron][SKELETON][CONTYPE:RUA_J][RIGHT]
[BP:FIBL:right bladed edge][SKELETON][CONTYPE:RUA_J][RIGHT]
[BP:FIBL:right spikes][SKELETON][CONTYPE:RUA_J][RIGHT]

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 06:08:58 am »

So I went overboard. Like normal. This is all that I came up with, and sadly, the poor guys are being treated like chumps in world gen.

[CREATURE:BATTLE_GOD_OF]
[NAME:god of battle:gods of battle:god of battle]
[TILE:'W'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[MEGABEAST]
[GENPOWER:5]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:lust for battle]
[PREFSTRING:mastercrafted armor]
[PREFSTRING:wonderous blade]
[BODY:HUMANOID_GOD:FOOT_LONG_ROPEY_HAIR:WAR_MASK_FULLHELM:TEN_LINK_GORGET:VICIOUS_SHOULDERGUARDS:CHAIN_LINK_ARMPIT_GUARDS:THREE_BAND_TORQUES:SPIKED_ELBOW_PADS:FOREARM_PLATES:SPIKED_BANGLES:BRACERS:HEAVY_HANDGUARDS:BONDED_SWORD:CHAINMAIL_DRAPE:PECTORAL_PLATES:STOMACH_PLATE:LARGE_BELT:HANGNG_GROIN_PLATE:UPPER_LEG_ARMOR:SPIKED_KNEEPADS:SHIN_GUARDS:HIGH_STOMPING_BOOTS]
[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NOBLEED][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA]
[NOSTUCKINS][SEVERONBREAKS][NOSKULL][NOSKIN][NOBONES][NOMEAT][NOTHOUGHT][NOEXERT]
[BUILDINGDESTROYER:2]
[DAMBLOCK:12]
        [FIREIMMUNE]
[NOFEAR]
[SIZE:25]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTOKEN:BONDED_SWORD:slash:slashes:45:50:SLASH][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:SECOND:BYTOKEN:LH:drain:drains:15:30:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_WITH][SPECIALATTACK_SUCK_BLOOD:100:100]
[DIURNAL]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:10:30]
[BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[ITEMCORPSE:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_WARBRINGER:METAL:STEEL]
[ITEMCORPSE_QUALITY:5]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP]
[MALE]
[MATERIAL:METAL:BRONZE]
[SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[CANNOT_UNDEAD]
[SPHERE:WAR]
Is there a way to get him to attack with the sword? The combat messages are all Rip this, and rip that.

Body parts, by the by:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok. I screwed up bad. I put the poor guy in adventurer, and he's flopping around like a fish on land. Can small limbs not work properly? Do the other parts get in the way? I must know what went wrong!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:21:46 am by Wiseacre »

Ramirez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »

Looking over the code you seem to have mixed up the CON: and CONTYPE: tokens on a few things. Just using CON lets you specify individual body parts while CONTYPE connects the body part to a whole category of body parts.

For just CON you need to use the unique bodypart name like UB, RUA or LS; making sure you actually have those body parts is also important (you make references to RUA_J and LUA_J, which are normally the shoulders from humanoid_joints, which your critter doesn't have). You also seem to have used CONTYPE and tried attaching it to specific bodyparts, which just breaks things.

When using CONTYPE rather than specifying something using the codenames you instead specify a tag that individual body parts can have, so you can for instance, attach a horn to anything labelled [HEAD], or adding an anger management center to anything labelled [THOUGHT].

Looking through you have made quite a few mistakes like this, so the lackluster performance as well as its inability to use its true natural attacks are probably largely related to missing bodyparts as they are not being connected properly. Other than some mislabellings it seems to be fine though, give it a read over and check DFs errorlog and it should hopefully be working again.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 06:55:12 pm »

How much of this isn't going to mean anything tomorrow?

Tomorrow?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:34 pm »

Lol.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 02:30:20 am »

Looking over the code you seem to have mixed up the CON: and CONTYPE: tokens on a few things. Just using CON lets you specify individual body parts while CONTYPE connects the body part to a whole category of body parts.

For just CON you need to use the unique bodypart name like UB, RUA or LS; making sure you actually have those body parts is also important (you make references to RUA_J and LUA_J, which are normally the shoulders from humanoid_joints, which your critter doesn't have). You also seem to have used CONTYPE and tried attaching it to specific bodyparts, which just breaks things.

When using CONTYPE rather than specifying something using the codenames you instead specify a tag that individual body parts can have, so you can for instance, attach a horn to anything labelled [HEAD], or adding an anger management center to anything labelled [THOUGHT].

Looking through you have made quite a few mistakes like this, so the lackluster performance as well as its inability to use its true natural attacks are probably largely related to missing bodyparts as they are not being connected properly. Other than some mislabellings it seems to be fine though, give it a read over and check DFs errorlog and it should hopefully be working again.

Gotcha. I suck at this, but this'll give me something to look at. Thanks a bunch!

Tomorrow?

In my defense, Toady said d.17 was going to be out today.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 04:59:22 am »

He also stated that it won't be.
Quote from: Toady One
40d17 was in worse shape than I thought (my fault), so I'll be continuing to clean that up again tomorrow. Baughn will have to go through whatever I send him, so we're delayed overall there and I don't have a release date for testing on that.
He delayed it because it's incomplete. And anyway 40d17 doesn't break save compatibility because it's the same version, just a different approach to the visualization, so your mod will perfectly work for 40d17.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:01:15 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 05:41:48 pm »

the [SMALL] tag is also useful for stuff like this.

Body parts with [small] tags are typically only damaged when the part they are attached to takes a significant amount of damage.  If the [Small] body part is not attached to anything, it will only be targeted if all non-small body parts are destroyed (dark gray damage, not red) first.

[BODY:DECARABIA]
[BP:SOUL:throne of the soul][STANCE][FLIER][SMALL][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY]
[BP:BAR1:pentagram crossbar][LIMB]
[BP:BAR2:pentagram right diagonal down bar][LIMB][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR3:pentagram right diagonal up bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR4:pentagram left diagonal down bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR5:pentagram left diagonal up bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR6:outer pentagon top]
[BP:BAR7:outer pentagon right diagonal down bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR8:outer pentagon right diagonal up bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR9:outer pentagon left diagonal down bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR10:outer pentagon left diagonal up bar][LEFT]
The throne will only be targeted by attacks after all the BARs are destroyed.  This particular creature has [SEVERONBREAK], which is important because the BARs aren't CONnected to anything and without the [SEVERONBREAK] tag they would be impossible to destroy.  Unfortunately, wrestlers can grab the throne before the BARs are destroyed.  Now that I think of it, adding the [INTERNAL] tag to the throne might fix this problem...

Also, the BARs here are unconnected to the root bodypart, so they can't be used by the creature.  That's fine in this case, as they exist only to draw attacks, but the creature would not be able to use them to attack with, [GRASP] with, [STANCE] with, etc.  If I wanted the BARs to do any of those things, they would have to be CONnected to the throne.

[BODY:SINS]
[BP:SOUL:throne of the soul][THOUGHT][SMALL][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY][BREATHE]
[BP:WUB:crimson upper body][CON:SOUL] wrath
[BP:WHD:crimson head][CON:WUB]
[BP:WRA_J:crimson right shoulder][CON:WRA][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT]
[BP:WLA_J:crimson left shoulder][CON:WLA][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT]
[BP:WLF_J:crimson left ankle][CON:WLF][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT]
[BP:PUB:golden upper body][CON:SOUL] pride
[BP:PHD:golden head][CON:PUB]

This creature uses the same central [small] target trick, but the distractor targets are CONnected to the SOUL, and the creature that uses this BODY does not have the [severonbreak] tag.  Consequently, slashing damage MUST be used to sever the various distractor bodies from the SOUL; the creature can't be killed with bludgeoning or piercing damage alone, although it can be weakened by such weapons.  The throne can still be grappled before the bodies are destroyed.  Because the bodies are connected to the throne, the creature can use their limbs to attack with, their legs to stand on, etc.

BODY:ARCANGEL_BODY]
[BP:LUMB:luminous body][SMALL]
[BP:UB:luminous upper body][CON:LUMB][UPPERBODY][SMALL]
[BP:LB:luminous lower body][CON:LUMB][LOWERBODY][SMALL]
[BP:HD:luminous angelic head][CON:LUMB][HEAD][SMALL]
[BP:ORA:right front luminous ox leg][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][RIGHT][SMALL]
[BP:J_ORA:right front ox leg joint][CON:ORA][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][RIGHT]
[BP:OLA:left front luminous ox leg][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LEFT][SMALL]
[BP:J_OLA:left front ox leg joint][CON:OLA][JOINT][SMALL][INTERNAL][LEFT]
[BP:1RWING:first right wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][RIGHT][FLIER]
[BP:1LWING:first left wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LEFT][FLIER]
[BP:3RWING:second right wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][RIGHT][FLIER]
[BP:3LWING:second left wing][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LEFT][FLIER]

Additional [SMALL] body parts can be attached to the root part, and the whole structure will be hidden from attacks, but not from wrestlers.  In this case, the archangel's leg joints etc can be wrestled before the wings are destroyed.  Unfortunately, once the [SMALL] core is exposed, all attacks will target the root, in this case the luminous body, and spillover damage will quickly destroy the attached body parts.  This archangel can only take 2-4 additional hits once its wings are destroyed.

The [small] tag can be combined with the [internal] tag to create armored torsos
[BODY:ADAMAN_BODY]
[BP:SHLL:armored shell]
[BP:SPN1:shell spine][CON:SHLL]
[BP:SPN10:shell spine][CON:SHLL]
[BP:UB:torso][CON:SHLL][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY][INTERNAL][SMALL]
here the torso can only be damaged by attacks that successfully penetrate the shell.  Unfortunately, this trick is mostly useful for creating armored torsos, armored limbs (with the [liMB]/[GRASP]/[STANCE] tags attached to [INTERNAL][SMALL] bodyparts) can still be cut off by SLASHING weapons without having to damage the [INTERNAL] limb.  It would work against BLUDGEONING and PIERCING weapons, however.

[BODY:OOZE]
[BP:NUC:nucleus][THOUGHT][INTERNAL][SMALL][SIGHT]
[BP:PS0:pseudopod][CON:NUC][SMALL] GRASP [STANCE]
[BP:UB:plasma membrane]

Same thing, slightly different focus:  The plasma membrane is not connected to the nucleus, and the creature does not have the [SEVERONBREAK] tag.  It does bleed, however (some rather pretty blue blood).  Consequently, it can only be killed by exsanguination.  If it had the [NOBLEED] tag, it would be completely unkillable, since the plasma membrane can't be destroyed and thus there is no way to target the nucleus.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 07:39:14 pm »

Some interested angel related stuff

Is this from your personal mod, or one publicly released? I would be interested in playing it, or at least examining its innards and learning from them.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »

I don't think anyone mentioned this, so I'll jump in here to prevent catastrophe.

Every creature requires an [UPPERBODY], [LOWERBODY] and [HEAD] or it will die.

A body part cannot have more than one of those three tags, or it will only count the first one.

(Learnt this the hard way with my pokemon mod.)
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

GD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 12:55:15 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1898 - here file with modified creature (atom smashing proof, magma proof , and some more features)

Collapse of natural stone still can kill that thing

to Doomshifter:

such creatures can live without [UPPERBODY], [LOWERBODY] and [HEAD] :)

ps my creature have damblock -500, so it takes additional damage, big damge.
pps(i am talking about liquid horror v.2.0 from 2page)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:01:56 am by GD »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 04:46:05 pm »

Is this from your personal mod, or one publicly released? I would be interested in playing it, or at least examining its innards and learning from them.

I released it once before, however, I believe that release had a horribly embarrassing mistake (I think I mixed up the Fortress mode and Adventure mode raw folders.  Dumb mistake.  If you download it, check creature_a_irin for the presence of the [FLIER] tag.  Irin, Antediluvians, and a few others should have [FLIER] in Adventure mode, and not have it in Fortress mode, as it breaks pathing.  You can thus use the presence of the tag to determine which set of raws was meant to be the Adventure mode raws).  I'm also in the process of making some additional changes.

here's a link to my current set of raws (I just uploaded my current raw directory).  Changes include new mega and semi-megabeasts, and more complicated corpses for the adamantoises and demons, implemented using reactions.

Most of the changes are in there own files.  Creature_standard has been deleted and replaced with creature_a_megabeasts (contains toughened up versions of the default megabeasts) and creature_a_standard (contains the rest of the creatures from creature_standard).  I believe matgloss_plant has also been altered from its original form, to include the fairy corpse "plants."

Mods I've done:

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 10:39:32 pm »

[BODY:DECARABIA]
[BP:SOUL:throne of the soul][STANCE][FLIER][SMALL][UPPERBODY][LOWERBODY]
[BP:BAR1:pentagram crossbar][LIMB]
[BP:BAR2:pentagram right diagonal down bar][LIMB][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR3:pentagram right diagonal up bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR4:pentagram left diagonal down bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR5:pentagram left diagonal up bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR6:outer pentagon top]
[BP:BAR7:outer pentagon right diagonal down bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR8:outer pentagon right diagonal up bar][RIGHT]
[BP:BAR9:outer pentagon left diagonal down bar][LEFT]
[BP:BAR10:outer pentagon left diagonal up bar][LEFT]
The throne will only be targeted by attacks after all the BARs are destroyed.  This particular creature has [SEVERONBREAK], which is important because the BARs aren't CONnected to anything and without the [SEVERONBREAK] tag they would be impossible to destroy.  Unfortunately, wrestlers can grab the throne before the BARs are destroyed.  Now that I think of it, adding the [INTERNAL] tag to the throne might fix this problem...

Update:  Adding the [INTERNAL] tag to the SOUL fixes the problem, and doesn't interfere with the throne being targeted after the BARs are destroyed.
Mods I've done:

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2010, 01:19:00 am »

Thanks, actually, the decarabia in particular kindled my interest. I've been wondering about ways to create a fortress populated by beings associated with angelic or daemonic connotations and then release it for adventure mode. It might also be interesting to create an angelic race that unpredictably spawns various grotesque creatures with each birth along the lines of the decarabia.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4