Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Jirica, From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community][Census Open]  (Read 2987 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has been over Thirty years now. Thirty years since I was but a child living in the small orphanage Edtkem. Myself and the other Children had lived in this small building since our parents had died at the hands of the Orcs that travel the lands, building their War Camps around our small Nation. I remember hearing the Sister’s that cared for us talk about the outlying villages being ransacked and destroyed by these monsters and my fear of them grew well into my younger years. On the Eve of the Granite the 25th of the year 66, the Orcs led the final attack on our war torn city, The Orc Clan known as The Fly of Dales attacked in the middle of the night, tearing into the city with such bloodlust we barely had time to respond. A lone woman of Sixteen stepped forward and the sight of her fighting keeps with me still…

Her name was Nedul Omolecbe, The Stable Disappearance of Tufts. She had only returned from the wilds that morning and yet even now she stood at a ready. In the darkness I could not make out what she wore or wielded but when the combat began none of that mattered. The first Orc that came against her howled at the wind as she smashed the monsters foot and hand before ripping its pug nose from its face and plunging her weapon into its body. Four more Orcs advanced on her, the first’s blow missing her face but connected with her weapon hand, I could tell that she cringed at the pain but she continued to fight, grabbing the bow from her lasts kills hands she fired an arrow point black into her attacker’s face, turning and loosing another. She dropped the bow as its last arrow pierced the chest. Again and again she slashed and stabbed at those that surrounded her, one was lucky and ripped the flesh from her lowerbody but even then she continued to fight. Over and over Orcs fell at her feet before one finally dealt her the killing blow. I remember a Scream over the clash of weapons and the burning of wood, something that sounded like ‘Mom!!!’ but I cannot remember…

The last thing I saw as I was pulled away from the city was the body of Nedul being devoured by her killer, my face unchanging…

~-~-~

The year now is 99, 33 years since that time, the end of winter is coming soon and those that survived lived among the elves to the west. We cared little for our Hosts, though they took us in as children. Supplying to us little, but caring enough that we lived. We had grown from the Children that we were, but there was only the eight of us remaining, it was unknown if there were others out there, other humans that had escaped the Orcs and the destruction of our Kingdom. I cared little, but one of us sort to find out what had happened. Her name was èfa Dastreothla, she claimed that we should go back that we should bring the rise of our nation back once again. We argued with her, even the Elves said not to go (in an nonchalant way, heck they properly wanted us gone,) but she left anyway, she wore little but traveled the distance, we do not know if she reached Edtkem. It had been at least a month since she had left and a few of us had begun to worry about her, she carried no weapons, no armour. In the end I was outvoted, the Cart that had brought us here was still in ok condition and after a quick fix it was usable, I doubt that we would make it, we had little but the clothes on our backs and what had been brought from the City all those years back. What could we do when we get there? What was the point..?

But no one ever listens to me, DO YOU

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Yes this is something different.
A community Game not based on Dwarves, but on Humans, I searched for ages to find a good world where the Orcs had succeeded in wiping all Humans from the world Map, every human settlement is a Ruin and I don’t even think there is anyone that will Migrate to this new City…

The little Modding is that of Adding Orcs (left as they were from the Rythis (Spelling please?)), that of allowing Humans to build Corkscrews to allow for some easy Pumping and the additon/removal of some weapons. Humans no longer use Crossbows, Archers only, but they can use Pikes, Halberds and Whips…

The Challenge is as such. A NEAR Empty Wagon. I will Permit the ability of those that claim one of the starting 6 (7) a few coins to ‘buy’ skills and items if they wish. I will be attempting to keep up a tale of the world and yes the Human Female was an adventurer I used to scout out the cities. I will be taking a Census of what projects to target first and foremost, those that have a Claimed Uman will get a Whole Point, while I will accept ideas and votes from the Community but those without Umans will count as half a point. We Rise and Fall together…

Edtkem is a wonderful city. It has a good amount of Hovels, an Appatement Complex, a Meadhall, a few shops, a Inn and a Temple which has that giant water thing at the bottom. Though, it is empty, ransacked and slightly damaged. The Meadhall is the only construct that remains whole. Its Doors and Chairs the only items remaining in the whole town. There is no magma sadly and would have loved to find a good Human Ruin with all that and a Pipe or Pool under it but this will do…

Cause I do not know if I will be reciving Migrants due to the Civ being wiped out, I will be targeting for a Plutonic Start, 3:4 in the Genders. I will not know which is the Major but I will accept 3 of each to begin with, the final will be my Narrator…

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:57:03 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: From the Ashes, To rise to the Sky. [Human Community]
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:54:26 pm »

Greetings Fellow Umans, We live in a great city. But who is it that does live? How do you get Known???

~-~-~

To Claim an Unborn Child or one that has been born but unclaimed. All that is needed is to fill in a Simple profile.

Name:
Desired Gender:
Desired Profession:

To claim a Starting Uman we require a few things,

Name:
Purchased Skills:
Purchased Items:

Those Starting get 100Coins to Choose from the known list for the Humans Embarkment, these coins can be used to buy items, animals and skills. You are not needed to spend them all but if you don't they will be lost forever...

~-~-~

Those that Live in our great City...

Males:
  • Gyron Cishmete \ Gyron
  • Coil Aluape \ Duke 2.0
  • 100killer9 \ 100killer9
  • Nanoth Udultruni \ Neyvn

Females:
  • Alan Eslatebo \ Pwnzerfaust
  • Diana Urist \ Deon
  • Shebi Asiworu \ Doomshifter (Pending)

Those of Whom our City awaits to embrace...

• Beanchubbs \ Beanchubbs (M)

The Personalities of Our People...

Spoiler: Gyron, Killer, Coil... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alan, Shebi, Diana... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:
Nanoth...
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 05:01:19 pm by Neyvn »
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »

Here we will find out general News list, that and a simple Suggestion/Voting Box...

~-~-~

-=News=-
Open for Selection
The Three Main Males have been taken. Slots have been locked...
The Three Main Female have been taken, with one pending.

Please make sure you note that anyone wishing to be added to a waiting list fill in the simple Profile and post it. It may be a while before you will receive one, as I believe that its gonna be an Adam n Eve regrowth of the Human Kingdom.

Planned to start in three days or earlier if all slots are filled...

~-~-~

-=Current Census=-

What should be the First Line of Work???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:56:23 am by Neyvn »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:08:29 pm »

I would like to claim a human.

Name: Beanchubbs
Profession: Hunter/Military (I don't care what weapon/armor)
Personality: Is very reserved and un-social. Wishes to protect his friends and remaining species from the orcs, and therefore is on gaurd all the time, leading to his unsocial-ness.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:23 pm »

I would like to claim a human.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please check the requirements in the second post for starting Umans...

Ps. How do I get a Voting thing up the top of the Thread? I never needed to make one before...

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:06:56 pm »

Name: Gyron Cishmete (Ashweb)
Desired Profession:Trader
Purchased Skills:Appraiser, Record Keeper, Persuader, Negotiator, Conversationalist
Purchased Items: 2 cats, Copper Crossbow (Would like to be trained with it)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:53:26 am by Gyron »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 11:19:01 pm »

Name: Coil Aluape
Desired Profession: Mechanic/Marksman
Purchased Skills: Proficient Mechanic/Proficient Bowman
Purchased Items:5 each of Mule, Donkey and Horse meat

Do note that he carries no bow nor ammo for it.

My vote for a group name would have anything relateable to a phoenix, ashes or rebirth. 'tis fitting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 11:49:24 pm »

Name: Alan Eslatebo (Alan Narrowprairie)
Gender: Female, since no one else is going for that it seems.
Desired Profession: Metalsmith
Purchased Skills: Proficient Weaponsmith, Proficient Armorsmith
Purchased Items: one dog, one cat, three swamp whiskey.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:55:04 pm by Pwnzerfaust »
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:40:09 am »

100killer9
Male
bowman/ambusher
purchased skills: Marksman 5, ambusher 5
Items: Hmm... 2 dogs. And 3 pieces of wood. That's 100 coins.
How will we create defenses? We don't have a pick or an axe, do we?
EDIT: Unless we're to rip apart the buildings... But we could still never get an axe, so yeah. Unless there's dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:43:57 am by 100killer9 »
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 12:44:35 am »

I vote the city name to be onslaughtshot.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Gyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 12:59:29 am »

If you want a name to do with phoenixes, Usmokeman is the DF human word for Firebird. Work around with that. (Not kidding, pulled out the name by making human adventurer)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 06:33:55 am »

I see that 100pts Might have been a little Lenient but so be it. Perhaps 50 would have been better, maters not...

Spoiler: Gyron (click to show/hide)

Looking at the maths. You have 3 remaining, the Crossbow is Shortened to just Bow but still costs only 20 So shes all good. If you want to spend that 3pts let us know...

Spoiler: Duke 2.0 (click to show/hide)

Good to see that someone is bringing some starting food, wonder where you got it from in an Elf Village. Don't worry, seems that Gyron is bringing a bow for you...

Spoiler: Pwnzerfaust (click to show/hide)

Some Booze, Umans don't need to drink Booze but those that will, will thank you for it. Seems that we will have a good amount of cats though. Oh Oh. It might also be a while before you will be working on some metal, but the Dwarves will bring some for you in time...

Spoiler: 100killer9 (click to show/hide)

Oh Oh. You are over the amount. Going to Marksman/Ambusher 5 = 70pts. 2 dogs is 32 and 3 lumps of wood is 9 thus equaling 111pts. Rework what you are planing and repost. Spot is saved though...

~-~-~

I would also like to note, that Originally I was thinking about something to do with Phoenix but the general idea is that we are settling on a destroyed city to build it up again and stuff, so its rebirth of the Human Kingdom would start here...

Would also like to note that there is no actual word for Birth or anything similar which sucks...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:40:38 am by Neyvn »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 06:47:32 am »

Diana Urist (Dagger)
Female
butcher 3/cook 5/grower 2 - chief cook, master supplier
Rope reed rope (build a well near her house in the yard).
1 dog -> train it to wardog asap and assign.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 06:53:08 am »

Spoiler: Deon (click to show/hide)

Our Cook of the Day. It seems that we will be having a good amount of animals to start our new home with. Though without a pick we would be unable to collect a stone to make a Mechenism with, seeing as we Umans keep forgetting to store the excess stone ourselves...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 06:56:15 am »

OH Forgot to mention. Unless someone else starts to offer ideas for Group and Fortress names, those in the Census will be used after a day has past from when all slots are filled...
Pages: [1] 2 3