Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The elves ruin my best achievements.  (Read 4348 times)

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
Re: The elves ruin my best achievements.
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 01:43:09 am »

As long as elves are dying/burning/withering and not smiling or winning it's a good thing.

On the item is an image of elves and dwarfs, The elves are surrounded by the dwarves. the elves are burning, the elves are smiling, the dwarves are in a fetal position, the dwarves are screaming.

Lol the elves are burning yet smiling.Why does oo one notices their clothes are on fire.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:32 am »

As long as elves are dying/burning/withering and not smiling or winning it's a good thing.

I suppose so.

Also, my weaponsmith just made an artifact steel war hammer with an image of Cacame chugging ale inscribed into it. When the elves go to war with me this hammer will be given to my champion hammerdwarf, and it shall drink blood.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 03:19:29 am »

On the item is an image of elves and dwarfs, The elves are surrounded by the dwarves. the elves are burning, the elves are smiling, the dwarves are in a fetal position, the dwarves are screaming.

Lol the elves are burning yet smiling.Why does oo one notices their clothes are on fire.

You see, the elves are the pure essence of evil.
They know they're on fire but they simply just dont care! It doesn't effect them in the slightest, in fact it actually helps them...
Nothing can stop the elves on the hunt for flesh, the elves know this and this is why they are wearing smiles on their demented faces from hell...
They have a particular desire for dwarven flesh, that is why the dwarves are in a fetal position and screaming, they KNOW the elves are there to devour their tasty flesh, they KNOW nothing can stop those elves...

Why do you think elves are locked up in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You think its because the elves where taken from their homes and are prisoners of the
I tell you, you are wrong!
The elves are the TRUE horrors of the deep, they are the most horrifying creature that armok put on this earth, only to find out that they were TOO horriby and disgusting, and therefore trapped them in those pits we know all so well...
The
Tht is why they hunt down armoks favorite creation, the dwarves... They hope to strike back at the one who punished them by having those juggernaught elves staying down there...
This is why the
try to escape at all cost when an exit is created...
Being the true masters of disguise, they engrave on the walls images of elves being tortured and hurt, making it seem like
are the true horrors!

When something "strike" an elf down, you are not really doing anything to them at all!
Infact the elf is simply pretending to be struck down, what really happens is that the elf lays "Dead", amussing itself over the thought that its prey are now safe from it.
The elf will spend days, months, even years laying there, watching... listning... waiting for the exact moment to show its appearance again and unleash horror upon the world...

Every once in a while an elf shows their true form...
A prime example of this is cacame, the elf that is king of all dwarves...
Cacame managed to pretend to have vengance over all the other elves from having his wife eaten by one of his own kind...
But what really happened was a trick, the one who ate cacames wife was really eating her, but elves do not die...
Cacames wife reformed from the waste after a few months when all was clear and continued on with the charade of being weak puny creatures...
With this cacame sort vengance and by seemingly having the same goals as the dwarves, worked his way up to leader for all eternity...

Foolish dwarven miners are what set the monstrossitys known as the "elven plauge" upon the world, now all is doomed before them...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:31:00 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Desiderium

• Bay Watcher
  • [SELECT_SYMBOL:UNTOWARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 06:07:00 am »

You DARE speak blasphemy of Cacame Awemedinade, the Immortal Onslaught?! DIE, HERETICAL BEING! SPEW NOT YOUR BLASPHEMY HERE!

On a different note, I think it would be awesome if there were a way to modify the description of an Artifact if you were truly, absolutely revolted by it's description. A good example would be this one! Anything crafted of Adamantine should be void of any form of healthy or non-suffering Elf.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:09:54 am by Desiderium »

Urist McWounded has created a microcline bucket, on the bucket is an image of Urist, Urist is surrounded by the dwarves, Urist is wasting away, The dwarves are working, The bucket is empty.  On the bucket is an image of Urists third finger in dwarf bone.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 11:12:26 am »

So elves dropped in magma are just pretending to be incinerated?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2010, 11:29:09 am »

it is a warning it shows elves in there true form
HFS
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 12:25:23 am »

So elves dropped in magma are just pretending to be incinerated?
Yes they disappear and respawn as a
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Frankmanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 02:22:19 pm »

I've had worse, on wood artifact table. On this item is an image of elves and dwarves. The elves are massacring the dwarves. This relates to the destruction of Tuftsizzled.

I find that very dwarfy. Those little bastards are nothing if not morbid.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 02:51:03 pm »

I think my favorite elf-related dwarfly creations involve whole rooms of engravings, where a team of engravers clearly were discussing some historical event while engraving. Like when half of a room gets engraved with one particular scene of elf-wrought carnage, and a bunch of pictures of wild strawberries.

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:16 pm »

Are you implying that Zasit died to atone for the sins of dwarfkind?

No, Zasit Relicdawn died to atone for the sins of elfkind.

Seriously, who is this elf? He's depicted on two artifacts. He has a dwarven name. He may be significant to your civilization somehow. You really should check your legends, you may be cursing the next Cacame.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 03:07:32 pm »

Are you implying that Zasit died to atone for the sins of dwarfkind?

No, Zasit Relicdawn died to atone for the sins of elfkind.

Seriously, who is this elf? He's depicted on two artifacts. He has a dwarven name. He may be significant to your civilization somehow. You really should check your legends, you may be cursing the next Cacame.

Fair enough, he is the dawn of relics after all. I'll look when I get home...

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 05:25:02 pm »

Ok, I looked into the legends, and my civ  has a pretty weak history. Between 50 and 58, my civ conquered 3 elf civilizations.

Zasit Relicdawn was the child of some nobody elves in one of those civs. Zasit was a fishery worker and eventually became the ruler of my civ, "The Handles of Taming."

Weak. Her only fight is a cougar that attacked her in 953. She drove it off, didn't kill it.

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 06:38:01 pm »

Hmm, I have to love the idea of
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

marc_st

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 03:20:14 pm »

The symbol of my civilisation in my current game is a Human, so they engrave a Human in every Room  :-\ ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]