Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The elves ruin my best achievements.  (Read 4354 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: The elves ruin my best achievements.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 01:06:41 pm »

Turn [ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:NO]  to [ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED:YES] in your init raws.  That will let you see more detail about who the elf is and why he's on the artifact.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 01:10:22 pm »

You mean setting [SHOW_ALL_HISTORY_IN_DWARF_MODE:YES]
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 01:14:56 pm »

Crap. Yeah, ignore what I said.  Set [SHOW_ALL_HISTORY_IN_DWARF_MODE:YES].

That's what I get from posting from work where I can't look at my init files.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 01:21:58 pm »

It's a shame you can't make an idol into an archery target.  Or just arbitrary things in general.  Engraved yourself engraving cheese again?  Hmm on that thought it's a shame you can't make arbitrary dwarves into archery targets.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:23:37 pm by sproingie »
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:19 pm »

I have decided to put the creator of the artifact to work smoothing the walls of my entire fortress. This is to be his last work. He will thereafter be sealed alive in a tomb of his own making.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:20 pm »

It's a shame you can't make an idol into an archery target.  Or just arbitrary things in general.  Engraved yourself engraving cheese again?  Hmm on that thought it's a shame you can't make arbitrary dwarves into archery targets.

Holy fuck. This needs to go on the suggestions page. Right now. I can see it now: Urist McCrossbowman cancelled Train: Archery Partner "misplaced".
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 02:02:51 am »

It'd need to be a seperate labor. "Arrow-catcher", say. Give him a quiver and he could save the bolts or arrows he dodges.

Of course, a Legendary Arrow-catcher with Elite Wrestling would make siege an even greater exercise in futility, but the idea of a single dwarf venturing out towards a siege and returning with a couple of hundred arrows in his quiver is too amusing to pass up. Legendary Arrow-catcher would be truly lethal in Adventure mode as well seeing as how you could combine it with Throwing.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 07:05:33 am »

It'd need to be a seperate labor. "Arrow-catcher", say. Give him a quiver and he could save the bolts or arrows he dodges.

Of course, a Legendary Arrow-catcher with Elite Wrestling would make siege an even greater exercise in futility, but the idea of a single dwarf venturing out towards a siege and returning with a couple of hundred arrows in his quiver is too amusing to pass up. Legendary Arrow-catcher would be truly lethal in Adventure mode as well seeing as how you could combine it with Throwing.

this goes into suggestions , zasit is in dwarf langugage , check  him in legends , if zasit did not do a single thing to help dwarfs , turn the creator of the artifact into MAGGOTS

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 07:17:41 am »

This is clearly meant to be used as a weapon, against elves. The engravings are just a diagram to depict the weak points of elves! Smash that idol into some elven skulls with a champion already.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:37 am »

you , sir , gave me a mental image :

champion up in his camp
throwing idols in your face
if you try to get up to his face he will smash the idol in your face
and he has smashed the elf in the face!
and now the elves dead

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:58:30 am »

SONOFA... Again, a badass artifact is ruined by ELFERY!
Becorkurol, "Temptembraced", a Raw adamantine bracelet: This is a Raw adamantine bracelet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Aquamarine, decorated with human leather and encircled with band of Raw adamantine and Billion. This object is adorned with hanging rings of dwarf leather. On the item is an image of Zasit Relicdawn the elf in Raw adamantine.

This damn world is under the dominion of the stinking elves! This is one of the most badass artifacts I've ever gotten... It has human AND dwarf leather! And it's made of raw adamantine! And the only freaking image is of a freaking elf.

Kaiser Reinhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:14 am »

Funnily enough all my engravers seem to be obsessed with Elves getting killed by goblins or other elves. Engravings of elves dying make up 25% of all engravings in my fort.

wagawaga

• Bay Watcher
  • He is utterly unaware of his own intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 12:31:43 pm »

As long as elves are dying/burning/withering and not smiling or winning it's a good thing.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 01:19:57 pm »

As long as elves are dying/burning/withering and not smiling or winning it's a good thing.

or being like Cacame and leading your Civ to war against the elves
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:51 pm »

On the item is an image of elves and dwarfs, The elves are surrounded by the dwarves. the elves are burning, the elves are smiling, the dwarves are in a fetal position, the dwarves are screaming.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3