Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31

Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 93927 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Realm of the Mad God
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2010, 12:44:29 pm »

Blaze's method lead to some hilarity when I tried to use it to swap some gear with a fellow knight.

"What do you mean I'm not the northernmost dot, maybe you haven't zoomed out all the way dude!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apart from that I'm just waiting for more/stronger monsters, otherwise the game is kind of like gilded crack cocaine to me, especially with just one day left till my finances exam.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2010, 12:58:53 pm »

If you didn't already know, you can actually have two characters.

http://assemblee.wildshadow.com and http://realmofthemadgod.com have separate character slots. You'll still need to unlock classes for each though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:04:02 pm by Blaze »

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:08 pm »

I'm torn between "this is cool, and the permadeath makes it exciting", and "oh fuck I just grinded for an hour then got stuck on a tree and died. Twice."

This last time I got to level eight, joined in killing oryx, got a wand of death from the loot, ran around killing some more things, got stuck in a grove of trees while dodging a giant blob of enemies, and then LOLDEMON! >:|

It also screws with my vision. Something about low resolution games tends to do that, maybe I don't blink enough or something.

It seems like it would be really fun in a group with good communication, as it was I just wandered around and cast heal on anyone I ran into on the offchance they were wounded, then went to kill some more shit.

Not sure about the permadeath though. I mean, yeah it's nice when death has a penalty, like losing a ship in EVE, or some cash/exp/possibly items in HellMOO, but having to start over, and having to kill hundreds of snakes and pirates again, hoping decent equipment drops while you do so, just seems kind of masochistic.

Edit: it's really only how sticky collision with trees/coasts is. You walk into it, and then you're stuck to it until you reverse direction and move directly away from it. Not so hard to avoid when running around, very hard to avoid when dodging a dozen demons and hundreds of balls of fiery death. Oh, and I spawned on top of a cluster of demons several times. The same cluster. I died before I could move. Several times. >:|
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:18:28 pm by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:16 pm »

aww, horrible death :(. Megaman on medusa now.
Hello Hunam

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 12:03:36 am »

Now I'm Pseudo, a level 15 priest (for the moment, and as long as I can see death coming long enough to "magically refresh the situation" ;D). If anyone wants a mithril dagger or hellfire wand, just let me know.

I was sticking to a small group for a while, that lacked a priest. Then they died because they were all low level as fuck all and I could only heal so often. It was much more fun than wandering around on my own, seeing as how the most effectively solo strategy I've come up with thus far is running through the woods screaming and shooting behind me, focusing only on not running into trees. Which works fairly well, actually. But it's boring and risky, because I still run into trees. And then I'm stuck in the ass end of nowhere surrounded by giant lizards and shit, and have no clue which way to run to get back to the relative safety of the coast.

Now, in the short time I've been playing, I've noticed that the toughest creatures in a given area seem to be found in the deep woods of that area, with the coasts being the safest, with areas nearer the edges of the map being tougher on average than those in the middle, with the northern edge being the worst and the southern relatively tame, if worse than the middle. Are these observations accurate, or am I just imagining this and it is in fact just completely random?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 08:33:29 am »

What are the stats on the hellfire wand?
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Synzig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 09:27:01 am »

160-190 damage, I believe.  And it has a damned long range/RoF.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2010, 11:03:46 am »

You must mean 60-80, the wand of death is dropped by gods and is only 80-120.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:21:22 pm by Blaze »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2010, 11:11:29 am »

Now I'm Pseudo, a level 15 priest (for the moment, and as long as I can see death coming long enough to "magically refresh the situation" ;D). If anyone wants a mithril dagger or hellfire wand, just let me know.

I was sticking to a small group for a while, that lacked a priest. Then they died because they were all low level as fuck all and I could only heal so often. It was much more fun than wandering around on my own, seeing as how the most effectively solo strategy I've come up with thus far is running through the woods screaming and shooting behind me, focusing only on not running into trees. Which works fairly well, actually. But it's boring and risky, because I still run into trees. And then I'm stuck in the ass end of nowhere surrounded by giant lizards and shit, and have no clue which way to run to get back to the relative safety of the coast.

Now, in the short time I've been playing, I've noticed that the toughest creatures in a given area seem to be found in the deep woods of that area, with the coasts being the safest, with areas nearer the edges of the map being tougher on average than those in the middle, with the northern edge being the worst and the southern relatively tame, if worse than the middle. Are these observations accurate, or am I just imagining this and it is in fact just completely random?

Southeast is the worst by far, my level 18 wizard with a wand of death and arcane storm (Or whatever it's called) spell got killed trying to solo in there.
Shoes...

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »

If it's the 60-80 one I already have it, otherwise if it's better I'll take it.
My HoM.

Wild Shadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:40 pm »

Hey everyone!  We really appreciate all the support.  Thanks for playing Realm of the Mad God!

We just launched a new community site at http://forums.wildshadow.com/.  Please drop by and say hello.  :)

Rob & Alex, Wild Shadow Studios

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2010, 05:02:52 pm »

I'm in the game! Name is Griffin.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 05:03:24 pm »

Nevermind I died while I was typing that post. time for a new character!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2010, 05:51:31 pm »

lol Glyph, irony much? Anyway, omfg they found us, biw we have to listen about their silly 'updates' and 'new and improved game play'.
Hello Hunam

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2010, 07:14:38 am »

Well my level 16 priest went poof. I started again as a knight and my very first kill dropped a gold shield.  ;D
My HoM.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 31