Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 93915 times)

sarack

• Bay Watcher
  • We need a slogan!
    • View Profile
Re: Realm of the Mad God
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 03:53:21 am »

Damn! I was THAT far from lvl 20 when a dragon killed me with a shot fired before i killed him. At least I can try being a knight now...
For the horse, though, it's possible that wild horses migrated in, knocked her up, and migrated off.
Did they even call afterward?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 04:15:38 am »

It's hard to find equipment... I always find stuff I cannot use. T_T (magic potion and chain mail as an archer, crossbow as a wizard)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2010, 04:52:35 am »

Yeah, equipment getting is generally hit or miss, I think it's designed so that you're forced to meet other people in order to trade equipment.

If you find me on, give me a holler, I usually end up with lots of stuff I don't need.

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57:58 am »

Great fun. I can't stop!

Probably the quickest, but most risky, way to level is to meet up with a group killing gods or such not and hide behind a nearby group of trees. You literally spam chat with levelups.  :-\

Less fast but just about as risky is to be a really tough character, like a knight and preferably with max gear, and run through a tough area while shooting behind you. Screaming "LEEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEEEENKINS" is a must.

I'm really liking being a knight. Pretty much nothing common can do any damage at all to me. It's also nice to meet so many people ready to give gear away. I think I got max gear and a defense ring by level 2 or 3.
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 08:14:57 am »

We had an awesome godslaying party going on about half an hour ago - 6 people or so, but I'll be damned if I can remeber our names :) X was there, so was Aussie, two knights, a priest, a rogue and that's about it. There was a pre-martial photosession, of that I'm sure, so someone should be posting screenies of our merry fellowship soon. If not, well, I'll take to documenting events myself for the future.

Got my poor, lvl 2 priest to level 20, X gave me some nice priestly items, I even managed to save people's lives a few times while fighting the angry mobs of fallen deities. We went north-west first, fought a few smallish parties of random ice-specter gods, then refreshed and went off to the south-east. It could've been the other way round, I was too busy having my fingers freeze at the 17 degree centigrade that's my room temperature.

At the second destination was the motherload of gods, but a few brave souls fell there. R.I.P guys (you know who you were, cause I certainly don't remember X) . Hordes upon hordes of perpetually burning demons, angrily-gazing beholders, some bizarre blob-like blobs. Another eminent victim of those wretched spawns was, alas, my own poor Stoners. At least he got up to level 20 shortly before his untimely demise, and I've resurrected him as a knight.

A short while after that the Mad God himself made an appearance, but was quickly brought down. My newly-made knight tried to reach the battlements, but at the speed of a mortally wounded glacier it was not to be.

This game is certainly more fun that it has the right to be. I barely stopped playing and I can't wait already to play again. Stupid exams, ruining an honest man's fun, grumble-grumble.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:08 am »

Yeah, that raiding party was awesome. I reached level 19 as a rogue, before succumbing to an elder god whilst trying to type "fall back".
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 08:27:30 am »

Just lost my level 6 warrior, because someone thought it would be funny to lead a ot of strong monsters to the beach...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 08:33:38 am »

I believe that happens, occassionally, when beginner players encounter such monsters and try to fall back, but just die in the process, and the beasties remain where they were lead. But I do remember reading somewhere, something, about the monsters staying in place, which was supposed to eliminate the issue.

And yeah, Myroc, you were indeed the rogue :) At least you can try a knight now and, too, marvel at the speed of it all. Oh, and I started wondering, what's the rogue like? As in, range, speed and damage? If you've played an archer, how does it compare?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 08:36:33 am »

The rogue is FAST. FAAAAAST.

That's pretty much it. Get an obsidian dagger and some greater defense rings and you'll kick ass.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 08:48:24 am »

I just realised, since I, and most other players, I suspect, are playing the game a little bit like baby's first Roguelike, why don't the devs enforce the sudden death nature of the game? I read LordBucket's suggestions on their thread in TIGSource and wholeheartedly agree with almost all of it, but still? My ideas, which I probably should post there, not here... anyhow :

- levelling up is easy enough as it is, keep it this way, perhaps even speed it up a bit. Add more end-game gear, with different sidegrades - i.e. less damage but AoE, less range but higher speed, less speed but AoE, stuff like that.
- with that, and with the themed areas as suggested by The Bucketlord, should come different resistant monsters - some which only take physical damage, some only fire damage, and so on, with different attacks, and I would like to see some slow-moving hard-hitting stuff out there.
- add level-specific regions, similar to wow - i.e. this region is good for levels 1-5, this - 5-10, and so on.
- add random wondering ubermonsters, which are neutral unless attacked
- I don't know whether it'll be possible, but add a resistance chart for end-game monsters and their attacks.
- Monster variety seems to be a development goal, which is nice.

Come to think of it, this is more the way I personally would like to see the game develop, but still, I believe some of the ideas would be appreciated by all players. The game is certainly interesting and promising. Whatever the selected development path is, I'm quite looking forward to seeing it.

And Myroc, that rogue seems tasty. I'll give it a run, possibly right after the knight.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 12:16:28 pm »

I would like to join you tomorrow if that's possible.

Running around with certain classes alone is quite hard...

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 05:33:32 pm »

Yeah that raid was fun. I was sad i had to go in the middle tho,

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 10:25:21 pm »

I started a wizard, ran into some big crowds (those big bosses can chase you over a very long distance, now I know how that welcoming party on the beach came to be) and somehow managed to escape with my life, 2 level-ups and 2 golden chain mail.

Anyone want those armors? I could use some protective rings or better spells and weapons.

Also, how do you find one another in this game?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 11:04:23 pm »

how do you find one another in this game?

I usually just ask people which dot they are and walk that way.

I'm on now...8:05PST, but I don't see anyone else on.

Let's schedule a time in advance so we can all play together. The game isn't much fun solo.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2010, 11:53:10 pm »

Died again... login back in and a god (a big green blob) and other critters right next to me. I ran... and soon found the company of 2 other gods and other bosses.

How am I supposed to survive that?  :-\

A safe spawn zone has to be implemented, first priority.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31