Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 93914 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: Realm of the Mad God
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2012, 09:25:34 am »

Im going to drag up this thread as this just came out on steam, and if you want a game, there are currently hundreds of people on.  (also Im too lazy to start a new thread)
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2012, 12:48:41 pm »

There's always hundreds of people on.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 21, 2012, 01:09:09 pm »

Huh. When did they add all this stuff? Nice to know I have all four classes I had before, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 21, 2012, 01:47:45 pm »

Hmm poking around on this again since I saw it on Steam. Apparently I have a level 8 (now 9) archer, but I don't have access to the archer class if I were to make a new character. I guess I'll just hope I don't die before I hit level 20 on it. Did we end up getting a B12 guild together when people were playing before? I found the account name guy and my standby was taken, so I'm in as Malthyr.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 21, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »

I'm in As Aklyon, and theres a 'link steamworks with online account' button on the main menu, under account.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:46 pm »

Woo, level 20 warrior. About time I unlock the knight. I could probably take on a god now.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2012, 01:38:40 pm »

This is kinda fun, although I suck at it.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »

nice link.

all it has is 'This is Rob's test page.'
-_-
I feel annoyed.

The OP made this thread over 2 years ago and didn't revive it, so cut him some slack. You could check it out on Steam or something almost as easily than clicking a link. Actually here you go:

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

Also, great how this game is in the top 15 of most played Steam games. It is kind of genius.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2012, 08:24:09 pm »

If they brought a game like this to steeem I wonder what else valve doods wouldn't mind steaminating...

Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head, but surely there's other things that could come of this.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 23, 2012, 03:03:59 am »

I'd rather pay for this game if it comes with everything unlocked.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 23, 2012, 03:15:26 am »

I've been playing this game through steam and been enjoying it, unlocked most of the classes and got a few charactors to level 20. Slayed Onyx a few times. Even managed to almost get my priest's fame bar to max before he died from lag  ::)
I am finding the game a bit boring when do you do reach level 20, doesn't seem to be much to do except grind fame/stats. Might stop playing it after I've unlocked all the classes.

As for the whole micro-purchase mechanics I fail to see why anyone would spend the money. As far as I can tell it's only for the charactor you bought the items for and if they die you also lose them.
Equiptment comes easily enough so I don't see why you'd need the extra bank space. I suppose the extra slot might be good if you get bored of a class or you need a healer/nuker for a god, although the game seems to have a bias for quanity rather than tactics.

Over all a good little time waster which I might pop in for a couple of minutes or so, but lacks any real "end game" content.

EDIT: One reason not to use the steam client is that the game overlay still works in the game meaning if you get a spam of messagers you won't be able to see your inventory and/or health potions. Goodbye level 19 Warrior.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:02:27 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:37 am »

You can turn notifications off, you know. All I get is a bwoosp sound in the background if someone is poking me about something in steam.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 23, 2012, 09:57:07 am »

So I uh, was grinding on a map, and suddenly earthquake and I was in Oryx's place with a million other folks. Manage to not get myself killed, (had low health a few times, but a good priest healed me once and I had to gulp 2 health options during the fight with the Mad God.) poor meatshields died, though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 23, 2012, 10:11:02 am »

I could understand if it was a one-time $5 ~ $10 to unlock a bunch of shit, but this is just absurd.

Is it really so surprising? Consider the game's origins. When I came back to it after a year or two, I was more than slightly turned off by the nickel and diming. Sure, you don't need any of it, nor do I particularly want any of it...but it does spell out exactly what you're in for if you play more than a day's worth of the game. Once I saw that unlocking characters was literally the only real progression in the game, I quit paying attention.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:18:03 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 23, 2012, 01:50:02 pm »

So, guilds are a feature now. They cost 1000 fame to start, and I have 2000 (sadly most of the fame I earned was before they kept track).

Anyhoo, were I to start a guild, what should I call it?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31