Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Realm of the Mad God  (Read 93923 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Realm of the Mad God
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »

Trickster is better as part of a strong team. Rogue is much better as a solo player.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2011, 10:40:25 pm »

If you go after the quests, they give more XP than usual monsters. Once you get the hang of dodging, getting to level 20 is a pretty quick process. Chase quests until you're level 14 or so, then teleport to godlands.

Find a high level player to follow, try to move in same direction so as to not provoke any monsters - let the high level player lead the action. Forget about picking up loot first - doing so might annoy the player you're hanging onto. Let him check the loot first, only move to check it out if he leaves it.

Very quickly then you will be level 20, and with the boosted ability scores you'll be able to slowly fight gods on your own.

Stat potion drops are now so rare, maxing a character is a myth. My necro's been here for several months and he only maxed Attack, and I could kill gods for days and never see a single stat pot.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:36 pm »

I've gotten all the base classes to 20 bar that first class (19, I think it's 10 atm) and archer, with which I got to 13.

But i'll show them. I've a gold bow, hippogriff armour and evlen thingy quiver in my storage ( plus that armour taz gave me and a fireesword
for when I start the next melee class.

Y'know what's awesome for levelling? Caves. Someone opened an abyss in the nexus earlier. It was a noob-roast, but it got my
priest from 1-12. Hey, even the spider/snake cave is pretty damn good.
Everybody!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2011, 04:53:58 am »

Any of you playing a Paladin now? A level 17 paladin called Walker followed me into Undead Lair and promptly died to a barrage of bombs by ghosts. He had Seal of the Divine, Ravenheart sword and Dragonscale Armor. I also found an attack pot and Reinforced Shield.

This is my first Undead Lair since many updates... the new boss behavior is refreshing, those some of them I don't understand at all.

e.g. What's with the Djinns? They throw a storm of low damage snowballs, then either move somewhere else or die, all the while being immune to damage. What are you supposed to do with them?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 04:56:01 am by kcwong »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2011, 10:05:39 am »

I already got all I needed in my vault...  my time zone is GMT+8, I may log in around 10:30 pm.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2011, 12:11:04 pm »

At your posting it was 10:12.
Everybody!

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 25, 2011, 11:52:47 am »

Agreed.

I've almost finished all the starter classes. Just ranger to go, and like I said, it has a gold bow and elven quiver so it's good for its level.

I think i'll go Huntress first so I can use most of the ranger stuff from this ranger to save space.
Everybody!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 25, 2011, 12:07:33 pm »

Would someone who's unlocked all/most classes offer some feedback on what to aim for? I've unlocked a couple, and so far of everything I've tried the archer was by far the easiest to play. I'd rather not spend hours unlocking classes only to find they're worse than a starter class.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 25, 2011, 08:18:42 pm »

Warrior
- Bad starter class. Helm ability can get people killed by giving them an unexpected speed boost, running into monsters and getting shot-gunned.

Knight
- Shield stun is powerful. Then with your sturdy defense, move in for the kill.

Cleric
- Fragile healer.

Paladin
- Mix between a warrior and cleric. Heal works gradually instead of instantaneous.

Archer
- Basic long range. Fragile. Pathetic damage output unless you get one of those end-game bows (starting from golden bow and up). And even then, you can't focus your damage. Paralyze duration is too short to be really useful, and also hard to aim.

Wizard
- Classic glass cannon.

Huntress
- The trap can be worth something if you have higher dex (so they get deployed faster), and know how to circle monsters so they stay inside the trapped area.

Mystic
- If you have good targeting, the ability is a boss killer, allowing you to freeze its minions while people go in for the kill.

Trickster
- This must be a joke or something.

Sorcerer
- Like Wizard but not as powerful. You can use the ability through walls.

Necromancer
- Wizard with healing. The highest level skulls are not actually the best, as the MP costs are too high. Make sure to hit multiple enemies with your ability to make the MP spent worthwhile.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 31, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

This game is fun, any B12ers still play it?
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 31, 2011, 10:40:12 pm »

I do! Not a ton, though, because I'm not clear on how exactly you earn Fame.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:49 am »

I do! Not a ton, though, because I'm not clear on how exactly you earn Fame.

Die.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:35 pm »

2 chars made, 2 chars dead in funny way to unlock next one (im trying to get knight)
but that ent ancient really hated me.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2011, 01:32:00 am »

Anyone still playing this? I just found it again today.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31