Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1000 Ways to Die  (Read 2452 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
1000 Ways to Die
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:08:29 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1000_Ways_to_Die

I have a new favorite show on Spike. I can't believe I'm JUST discovering this now!

To describe this show briefly, a number of real, utterly ridiculous deaths are reenacted by cheesy actors as a cynical and joyously pun-derful narrator relates what is occurring and why.

The show is separated into a number of skits where a victim (or two, or three, or four...) will wind up dead in some spectacular and sometimes gory fashion. Some of these victims are regular Darwin Awards, while others are just unlucky. It doesn't matter though, because it's entertaining to watch the person get killed, and then watch the CGI reenactment explain the medical reason why they were killed, and then have the narrator end the skit with a terrible pun. It's surprising how easy it is to accidentally kill yourself, though I have a feeling some of the stories are embellished, just a little bit.

I can't get over the puns though, it really makes the show. For example, for a guy that accidentally grinds himself up in a woodchipper, the ending pun is "Chippin' Dale".

This show has my seal of approval.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Ways to Die
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:10:18 am »

My friends keep making references to the sex related ones.

I have horrible friends.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:13:15 am »

Huh. My tastes don't really run that way. I get all creeped out when someone actually dies, just by thinking of the way it happened.

Asphyxiation is a personal fear of mine.

OH GOD.

A man under the influence of psilocybin comes across a group of furries engaged in sexual encounters around a campfire in the desert, and attempts to join in, but is rebuffed. He mistakes a nearby brown bear for one of the participants and is mauled to death.

Screw my personal feelings, I am watching this show.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:13:58 am »

Meh. Poor attempt to imitate twilight zone in that each character has some flaw that causes them to meet a terrible end, but it's usually unrelated and the circumstances are just unlikely more than anything else.

I'll take my Darwin Awards straight, thanks.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:04 am »

My favorite one was the creep who regularly got off from a cow heart hooked up to a car battery. He connected the heart to his house circuit and fried himself.
While watching it, I was completely disgusted while thinking to myself 'hmm, that's really clever'
Of course, you could always just find a girl...
or a hooker...
or at least Adam and Eve....
or at the very least, yourself....
No reason to go to that extreme first
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 03:37:00 am »

Would you believe that it happened twice. The reason he did it, was because he found instructions in a magazine. I think the second person did it with house electricity.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 03:37:41 am »

What sort of magazine publishes something like that?!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:47:05 am »

Damn, I don't think they show that here.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:53:53 am »

Okay, the explosive decompression one, that's pretty terrifying. I should not have watched this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:50:48 am »

Holy shit. This stuff is Whack. The capital was intentional.

Explosive decompressive one, most of all. well, that and the guy with 'pica'. Or the kid who jumped in water facing the wrong way.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »

Except most of these are actually fake, just urban legends. Personally the format sorta annoys me, the way that they really overdo it with the constant use of super models and such. I prefer mythbusters

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 01:42:46 pm »

Two dwarf wrestlers battle for a crowd and get paid a lot of money. They celebrate by having sex with some women and getting drunk. While drunk, and trying to impress the women, they destroy everything in their hotel room. They finish off by running head on into a wall, trying to break it. One breaks through, but the other hits the part of the wall supported by a 2x4 stud, and the veins inside his head burst. He dies from a combination of brain swelling and bleeding
Voila une belle mort!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 02:22:38 pm »

Spike TV seems infamous for using puns to describe everything
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 06:25:33 pm »

My favourite was the one when two drunk people dediced to snort fireants. They proceeded to bite their sinuses and back of neck, inflamed (sadly not on fire though) them and they died from choking.

BradB

• Bay Watcher
  • I hate this site, it keeps me from playing!
    • View Profile
    • An awesome gaming news ticker, woweee!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 12:31:42 am »

Quote from:  All videos I've tried
We're sorry! This video is not available in your country
Pages: [1] 2