Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Save pre-set expedition teams  (Read 805 times)

bhelyer

• Bay Watcher
  • The kart iz not movink!
    • View Profile
Save pre-set expedition teams
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:10:00 pm »

I don't know if this has been suggested or in the works, so my apologies if this is just hot-air.

When I play DF, I find myself setting up two or three variations on the same initial seven dwarves and item settings. IMHO, you should be able to save an expedition team (item settings, apply the dwarves one through seven's skills to the dwarves generated) for that play session.

This is a definite 'want'(and not a 'need') because of the low frequency of games started, but it would still be nice.

[ January 28, 2008: Message edited by: bhelyer ]

[ January 28, 2008: Message edited by: bhelyer ]

vanarbulax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Save pre-set expedition teams
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 04:30:00 pm »

Yes this is one thing I really want. I know your not constantly using the embark screen but due to the amount of stuff and how cumbersome it is being able to save a default set up would be bliss. Especially if you're fairly new to the game like me and are just messing around with starting locations.

Fenrir

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:55:00 pm »

I agree. It would be nice to ba able to save a default embark setup, so when you hit "Play Now!" it would use your preset.

Neskiairti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Trust me, dont look.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:00 pm »

yes.. have your generic preset startup team.. and have a more apropriate loadout of equipment.. two axes 1 pick an anvil, 60 beer and 5 food a bunch of seeds on my last one -.- what are those dwarves thinking?
The New Moo!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:00 pm »

I thought this already in because it got suggested and I saw it in dev notes (or did I? I'm not so sure now), so I spent hours scouring the wiki the other day, searching for how to do it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...