Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Journeys of Adre Palathrushan, Human Historian.  (Read 742 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
The Journeys of Adre Palathrushan, Human Historian.
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:27:42 am »

-It's ridiculous, Adre!
-What? My quest?
The human asked quietly, blinking on the female before him, the ledaer of The Band of Deer.
-Of course! The world doesn't need 'historians', whoever they might be!
-I will be one. So much about the world is uncovered, so many secrets to be...
-Bah! I know about my grandparents and this mead hall, that's all history I need to know.
She huffed and brushed off some of her blonde hair from forehead, the male raised his eyebrow. And chuckled.
-And nothing else! Who died in 399? Which alligator killed first centaur leader? Why current age is fourth and called "The Age of Twilight"!? You don't know!
-I don't have to know.
-Bah!
He waved his hand at her and drank some water from his mug.
-And look who's talking, parentless Adre...
The female mumbled. Her words infuriated the male, who couldn't defend himself from such statement. He standed up and walked toward the door, grabbing own iron sword and shield that were leaning against the wall.
-You will see! The world will be speaking about Adre Palathrushan, Adre Diamondscribe, who completed this world history!
He shouted and went out, slamming the door. Adre looked around, contemplating the building of his home town, Pleateddines.
Of course, he already interviewed many townpeople about their families, the priests about history of cult of Atkil Ithbi Ared, or Atkil the Whispers of Fog, the most revered deity of mist. He already asked the local ranger about his family, he already asked...
But that was not enough for young Adre, who decided to do what he wants. He will uncover, if not all, as many historical facts of The Domain of Souls as he can. The human sat on the dirt road, took a stone, closed his eyes and tossed the stone up. He opened eyes after hearing a soft 'thud', and quickly found the stone, as it fell on the south.
-The Town of Waxypets... the border town. Will do, for the start.
He mumbled to himself, sniffed on the air briefly and moved on. Fate knows where he will end.

------

So I genned that small world (with my little mod) with 1050 years of hidden history, and decided to make an andveturer and satisfy my lust for nice facts.

I'm already 'in advance', so first few updates won't have any screenshots.

There were all seven races at start, but now only humans, centaurs and dwarves remained, and propably some hidden kobold cave. That means many wars and some juicy historical goodness around.

Later I will propably ask you for directions, as the history will unfold, Adre will have to decide which way he should follow.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Journeys of Adre Palathrushan, Human Historian.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:00:03 am »

I can't help but point out that you have plenty of errors in there. I'm sorry, I'm terrible, but I must point out at least one.
...He standed up..

Stood. Not standed. Stood.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: The Journeys of Adre Palathrushan, Human Historian.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:23:57 am »

I can't help but point out that you have plenty of errors in there. I'm sorry, I'm terrible, but I must point out at least one.
...He standed up..

Stood. Not standed. Stood.

Ah, my l33t language skills. And no, you're not terrible, you're helping me :P

If only English would be my native language... but that's not the cause of my errors, it's propably my laziness to double-check the grammar.

EDIT: Eh, one hard drive failure and everything goes 'poof'.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:46:02 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.