Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spammer on Bay12  (Read 2008 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Spammer on Bay12
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:12:46 am »

I found this:
hey, pal! Check www.goldyeah.com  out, they're selling game golds with lowest price!
Went to "KindredAnna"'s profile and found that they had posted this on pretty much half the boards on the forum. I was wondering, does this happen often?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Spammer on Bay12
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:15:51 am »

It happens occasionally. Not TOO often though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:16:15 am »

I found this:
hey, pal! Check www.goldyeah.com  out, they're selling game golds with lowest price!
Went to "KindredAnna"'s profile and found that they had posted this on pretty much half the boards on the forum. I was wondering, does this happen often?
Here or elsewhere? Here not much that I've seen but it's happening more and more other places. Youtube is overwhelmed with it lately

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:18:27 am »

It happens about once or twice a month.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:19:03 am »

I found this:
Here or elsewhere? Here not much that I've seen but it's happening more and more other places. Youtube is overwhelmed with it lately
I mean here, also, I've never seen Youtube without that.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:06 am »

I like this meta spam thread. It's refreshing.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 12:27:40 am »

epic free wares game for sale. very low price
bay12games.com

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 12:49:11 am »

I found this:

Did you already report the post so Toady/Threetoe can ban it? (edit: oh it posted in a lot of places, I guess someone must have reported it then)

Anyway, yeah, we get at least a couple spambot registrations each week.  Most of them just lie in wait, though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:56:53 am by Footkerchief »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:50:00 am »

I found this:

Did you already report the post so Toady/Threetoe can ban it?

Anyway, yeah, we get at least a couple spambot registrations each week.  Most of them just lie in wait, though.
It's quiet. Too quiet.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 01:22:03 am »

I found this:

It's quiet. Too quiet.
Yes, it would seem that they could be anywh

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 02:09:46 am »

I found this:

It's quiet. Too quiet.
Yes, it would seem that they could be anywh
FREE GOLD BUY FREE GOL OMG LOL ROFL BUY FREE GOLD!!!!!1!11!!!one!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 02:27:40 am »

It could be worse. They could have been elves advertising "Go Green, save the trees" ad campaigns.

That would be hellish.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 02:31:48 am »

It could be worse. They could have been elves advertising "Go Green, save the trees" ad campaigns.

That would be hellish.
Did you know that dwarves everywhere are KILLING TREES?!? With a small donation of $12 a month, you can help fund the war effort against the dwarves, and save our trees!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 04:27:19 pm »

That would be hellish.
Did you know that dwarves everywhere are KILLING TREES?!? With a small donation of $12 a month, you can help fund the war effort against the dwarves, and save our trees!
Spam this everywhere.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 05:55:00 pm »

Did you know that elves everywhere are PLANTING TREES?!? With a small donation of $12 a month, you can help fund the war effort against the elves, and stop those trees!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.
Pages: [1] 2