Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Game over  (Read 44050 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Day 2 - Death in the Night
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept the facts. And the facts are that the Dopps need WA dead to win, thus lynching him is only assisting them.

Now that we've got the extension, i'll unvote and revote Leafsnail, since WA is no longer in danger of being ninja mislynched.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »

Hahahaha, perfect timing Meph.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:31 pm »

Way to votehop

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2010, 04:55:41 pm »

Wasn't votehopping Org, i didn't want to see WA lynched. Considering i know that WA is almost certainly not a Doppelganger, lynching somone i'm not sure about is statistically an improvement over lynching WA. My vote switch was only a temporary measure in case the extension didn't go through.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2010, 05:07:02 pm »

Were still gonna lynch a towny unless Webadict drops his vote as I'm not voting him or Neruz or Org drops his because trying to push a vengeance lynch is not a good idea right now.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2010, 05:19:19 pm »

I don't know if you're town or not, all i know is that WA is not a Dopp and that lynching him is helping the Dopps. That is the full extent of my knowledge.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 03, 2010, 05:24:08 pm »

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept the facts. And the facts are that the Dopps need WA dead to win, thus lynching him is only assisting them.

Now that we've got the extension, i'll unvote and revote Leafsnail, since WA is no longer in danger of being ninja mislynched.
Yep, great votehopping, Neruz.
Aaaaand no evidence. Just a restatement that you refuse to move your vote nor give additional (Read: any) information to think Neruz is a Doppelganger. Killing him won't give you a Doppelganger, but I... maybe I'm wrong about you.
Neruz's behaviour was horrible.  He changed his vote as a joke, and was fine with getting Pandarsenic lynched on it.  Then he suggests a policylynch on Org... in what is quite possibly mylo.  Then he defends you but not himself, but chickens out of voting me and votes ExKirby for making a mistake instead.  Then he misunderstands my post and uses it as an excuse to OMGUS (he probably felt emboldened by having webadict on his side).

I've also just realised something - his claim is EXTREMELY problematic.  The only tracking role in the game is the Journalist (well, the MS can too, but he'd have no reason to pick that).  That means he had the option to either watch or track in the night.  So, for his claim to work, he either tracked Webadict or watched Janus.

Now, I can't see why town Neruz would watch Janus.  I mean, he wasn't being amazingly townie (although, looking back, Neruz's ignoring of Janus is interesting) and even if he was, he'd be an unlikely target for the dopps.

As for tracking webadict... why?  Firstly, tracking is worse than watching from a town perspective anyway - you'd have to not only guess a doppelganger but also the doppelganger who's doing the kill, and even if you get it right, they can still claim a wide variety of different roles.  Watching the NK target (easier to find than the killing dopp) gives you a list of people, and you know one of them HAS to be scum.  And even if he did choose to watch... why webadict?  What was so incredibly scummy about him?

In short, the only thing Neruz has going for him is that he created a sortof-confirmed townie.  For me, that isn't nearly enough.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2010, 05:29:31 pm »

mylo?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »

Yep, great votehopping, Neruz.
Aaaaand no evidence. Just a restatement that you refuse to move your vote nor give additional (Read: any) information to think Neruz is a Doppelganger. Killing him won't give you a Doppelganger, but I... maybe I'm wrong about you.
Neruz's behaviour was horrible.  He changed his vote as a joke, and was fine with getting Pandarsenic lynched on it.  Then he suggests a policylynch on Org... in what is quite possibly mylo.  Then he defends you but not himself, but chickens out of voting me and votes ExKirby for making a mistake instead.  Then he misunderstands my post and uses it as an excuse to OMGUS (he probably felt emboldened by having webadict on his side).

I've also just realised something - his claim is EXTREMELY problematic.  The only tracking role in the game is the Journalist (well, the MS can too, but he'd have no reason to pick that).  That means he had the option to either watch or track in the night.  So, for his claim to work, he either tracked Webadict or watched Janus.

Reporter, not Journalist.

Now, I can't see why town Neruz would watch Janus.  I mean, he wasn't being amazingly townie (although, looking back, Neruz's ignoring of Janus is interesting) and even if he was, he'd be an unlikely target for the dopps.

As for tracking webadict... why?  Firstly, tracking is worse than watching from a town perspective anyway - you'd have to not only guess a doppelganger but also the doppelganger who's doing the kill, and even if you get it right, they can still claim a wide variety of different roles.  Watching the NK target (easier to find than the killing dopp) gives you a list of people, and you know one of them HAS to be scum.  And even if he did choose to watch... why webadict?  What was so incredibly scummy about him?

In short, the only thing Neruz has going for him is that he created a sortof-confirmed townie.  For me, that isn't nearly enough.

HELLO WIFOM. Thankyou for justifying my vote on you Leafsnail, i am now certain of your scummitude.

I tracked Webadict because i wanted to know what he was doing, i felt determining WA's alignment was important as WA is a good player, and i needed to know if he was scum or not.

I had no way of knowing who was the night kill target to watch, so rather than a completely random change of getting the right person (which would have resulted in my death as the NK target was a War Vet) i elected to track WA to see what he'd do. As it turned out, he targeted Janus and confirmed himself as not-scum.

Stop trying to WIFOM the town Leafsnail, you just painted yourself so incredibly scum it's almost painful.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2010, 05:58:20 pm »

Right... so you thought him being a good player meant you should find out if he was scum or not.

The only situation in which you would've even begun to catch him as scum would be if he was performing the nightkill.  Again, even if he was, there'd be other explanations for what he was doing at their house.

In addition, if you felt it worth outing yourself to protect webadict, why did you only do it AFTER he claimed?  Why not before?  He was just as confirmed-not-dopp to you then as he was after the claim.

As for WIFOM... stop.  Saying "OMG WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM" as a defence is pure retardedness.  There would be no WIFOM involved at all if you were town - you'd target the best person to target.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05:36 pm »

And as far as i was concerned, WA was the best target, i wanted to know what he was doing.

If he'd targeted someone and nothing much had happened, then it would just be information for the MC at lylo, if he'd targeted someone and they'd died, i'd know he was a killing role. As it so happened, he targeted a Dopp, and my gamble payed off.

I did it after he claimed because i wanted to know what he thought he was doing, basically i wanted to see if he'd lie or not. Hence why i said:

Hmm, if a Guard would die in that situation, i think i can clear Webadict.

WA then confirmed his target for me, and that allowed me to clear him. If he'd lied about his target, then i'd know he was lying and thus a probable scumbucket.

Leafsnail, you just initiated the standard Scum WIFOM defence, except in reverse. Instead of going "Why would i do X if i was scum? That's stupid." you've gone "Why would Neruz do X is he was town? That's stupid."

Clever, if i was an idiot. As it is, it just smacks of scum desperately trying to lynch either me or WA.

With my finding WA, the Dopps are in a tight spot, they must kill WA, but i'm dangerous, because if i target the right person i can find out who the killer is, so they must also kill me, but they can't kill both me and WA in the same night.

Solution! Get the town to mislynch one of us, then night kill the other! Problem solved. Seriously, your scum game is as transparent as glass Leafsnail.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2010, 06:18:32 pm »

And as far as i was concerned, WA was the best target, i wanted to know what he was doing.
But why?  Finding out what he was doing would be very, very unlikely to prove him as town or scum.

Leafsnail, you just initiated the standard Scum WIFOM defence, except in reverse. Instead of going "Why would i do X if i was scum? That's stupid." you've gone "Why would Neruz do X is he was town? That's stupid."
It's.  Not.  WIFOM.  In any way, shape, or form.

WIFOM would be scum trying to trick someone by behaving counter to what appears to be the best course of action.  So if it is, indeed, WIFOM, that would make you scum.

Let's give an example of WIFOM.  After a vigilante claim, a mafia member decides to claim that he tracked the person, thus confirming them and putting them into the vigilante's goodbooks.  He then won't be targetted and has a good degree of control over the vig.

With my finding WA, the Dopps are in a tight spot, they must kill WA, but i'm dangerous, because if i target the right person i can find out who the killer is, so they must also kill me, but they can't kill both me and WA in the same night.
Circular argument is circular.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »

Meh.

I still think Kash is scum.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »

But why?  Finding out what he was doing would be very, very unlikely to prove him as town or scum.

I told you, because Web is a good player, i wanted to know what he was doing, if he had an action, who he used it on. I actually didn't expect to find anything of use N1, but i did expect that the information of who Web targeted N1 would come in use later in the game, either during the MC or at the advent of Web's death.

It's.  Not.  WIFOM.  In any way, shape, or form.

WIFOM would be scum trying to trick someone by behaving counter to what appears to be the best course of action.  So if it is, indeed, WIFOM, that would make you scum.

Let's give an example of WIFOM.  After a vigilante claim, a mafia member decides to claim that he tracked the person, thus confirming them and putting them into the vigilante's goodbooks.  He then won't be targetted and has a good degree of control over the vig.

So going "Why would i do X?" is WIFOM, but going "Why would [other person] do X?" is perfectly fine?

THIS MAKES SENSE.

Circular argument is circular.

Dopps are in a circular spot. They need both me and WA dead. They can't kill both me and WA. Ergo they have to push for a mislynch on one of us.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2010, 08:22:50 pm »

I told you, because Web is a good player, i wanted to know what he was doing, if he had an action, who he used it on. I actually didn't expect to find anything of use N1, but i did expect that the information of who Web targeted N1 would come in use later in the game, either during the MC or at the advent of Web's death.
Wait... how would it be useful after his death?  And isn't a good player more likely to be killed off early, rendering any investigative actions on him useless?

So going "Why would i do X?" is WIFOM, but going "Why would [other person] do X?" is perfectly fine?
Yes, it is, Neruz.  And even if it weren't, it's NOT WIFOM UNLESS YOU'RE SCUM.  Got that?

Dopps are in a circular spot. They need both me and WA dead. They can't kill both me and WA. Ergo they have to push for a mislynch on one of us.
Doubly circular argument is doubly circular.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29