Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The OTHER Let's Play Aurora: United Terran Alliance  (Read 6043 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: The OTHER Let's Play Aurora: United Terran Alliance
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2010, 08:44:03 am »

All claimed characters are on Earth for now, although I will install a governor of Mars at some point. Probably a guy with a terraforming bonus.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2010, 10:12:04 am »

James sipped his cup of coffee, or caf, or whatever they call it in the future.

"We have an asteroid mining station that will give us minerals, and a good supply on earth, so I suggest we levy a tax. Until our navy shipyard is finished, we need an income so that we can pay the commercial ones to build our ships."
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42:52 pm »

I've got a very large sum of money in my conventional start game after 60 years. There's nothing for me to actually spend it on, aside from subsidizing civilian shipping lines (They waste it all on dividends, the ungrateful fools.)

Meanwhile, I'm running low on Duraniam, and much too lazy to setup mining operations on various asteroids and shuttle mines to them.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2010, 07:55:09 pm »

After the meeting, Andrew meets with the Governor in private.

"If I may, sir, I'd like to request an off-planet assignment. We need to survey the rest of the solar system in greater detail, and I'd like to lead the team that does it. Earth doesn't have anything on it that I mind losing, and I'd like to get some experience of field work before I start becoming an armchair-general."

"Why do I come to you in private? I did not want my colleges thinking that I was eager to leave thier company, no matter how true those thoughts may be. So could you make it look like I have no choice in the matter?"
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2010, 08:32:13 pm »

Commander Sharpe walks up to the Governor.

"Sir, i'd like to become part of the diplomatic team. Sure, it may be a bit dangerous, but that's what i'm in for. No doubt we'll come into contact with alien races eventually, and i'd like to be there when it happens."

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 09:08:04 am »

"Gallic, while I appreciate what you are saying, you are far more useful coordinating everything from here than you would be running around on your own, Fleet headquarters needs somebody to coordinate all the surveys, you're the best man we've got and you'll get plenty of experience on the job."

"Sharpe, once again you're getting ahead of yourself. We haven't even built the ships needed to survey the jump points yet, let alone cross them. Right now we don't have contact with anyone for you to practice diplomacy with, we're only just spreading out inot the rest of the solar system."
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »

Snippet from report by Prof.Ronziv

Id suggest we after we done with our pre-planned research we push onwards to finding better way to propel our ships. and increased shipbuilding BP per year is also a high priority.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 01:19:24 pm »

The next first-of-the-year meeting will be posted tommorow morning. Probably.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

James sipped his coffee again.

"Oh, and a company called UAC sent me a proposal about setting up some research labs on Mars. It seems a harmless enough project."
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 06:38:13 pm »

i think he meant next month.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2010, 05:11:53 am »

i think he meant next month months season?.
Fixed, probably. I have a lot of stuff going on and when I do have time for Aurora I'm playing a different campaign, so yeah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]