Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The OTHER Let's Play Aurora: United Terran Alliance  (Read 6041 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: The OTHER Let's Play Aurora: United Terran Alliance
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 12:43:17 pm »

Are you sure? Because I don't think that's what Operations does.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 03:00:19 pm »

Operations, from a search on the Aurora forums, is partially responsible for improved reaction time of a task group to commands ("Start firing, already!"). Black Ops would appear to fall under Intelligence.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 04:54:10 pm »

Awww.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 05:24:06 pm »

Its important you know... very...  I faced the star swarm...  and it takes like 20-30 seconds for my fleet to react to movement orders...  and reload times, anything above 10 seconds? 

It is a long time on both counts. 

EDIT:
Operations, from a search on the Aurora forums, is partially responsible for improved reaction time of a task group to commands ("Start firing, already!"). Black Ops would appear to fall under Intelligence.

Where did you find that info?  I know I had it before, but couldn't find it again...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 10:42:09 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 05:09:32 am »

I would greatly appreciate you using your superior google-fu on finding out what  Public Relations does and what commander bonusses it uses.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 06:34:25 am »

Seems that Public Relations at least improves the Actual Protection level provided by your ships and bases ("Trust us, 10cm lasers are just fine."). I'm pretty sure it's based off Diplomacy (you should be able to check on the Task Force screen; it should say 30% under Public Relations). I'll delve deeper to see if it does anything more.

Zangi: I found it in this thread.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 07:17:06 am »

Can I take operations commander? Rename Atila

We shall sweep each Xeon world and burn them to a cinder (after we've taken everything)
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 08:37:01 am »

Can I take operations commander? Rename Atila

We shall sweep each Xeon world and burn them to a cinder (after we've taken everything)

I already took Operations.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 10:47:23 am »

GARGH! OP lied to me.

Oh well, I'll sit back and watch I guess.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 01:09:10 pm »

Err, yeah, I'm not the quickest with updating that kinda thing. I'm updating that list right now. I still appreciate any ship names, there is also the leader of a Geological Survey team to claim if anyone wants to.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2010, 01:54:27 pm »

I kind of hoped that you'd have a Sensors scientist up for grabs, to go with the googling ;). Well, maybe Jamie Weston is one, but you're unlikely to find out for a while. Does he literally have no bonuses, or just no research-relevant bonuses?
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 02:08:20 pm »

Jamie has many bonusses, including fuck-all, nada, njet, and donuts.
I also got two new scientist in 2043, one has bonuses astonishingly identical to Jamie's, and the other is a second Defense Systems scientist. I'll reserve the sensor spot for your avatar, though.
I'm almost done with the year, I'll post a writeup later tonight or tommorow.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2010, 03:57:31 pm »

I'll relinquish my claim on the PR person, and agree the name stinks.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »

Auto renamed into Charlie Harding, writeup for 2043 will come tommorow, abot three times as much happened as last year, this isn't going to be a fast ride.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

We need our frontline missile cruisers to be called Urist-class.

Or Polemistí̱s-class.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4