Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [Community] Anumidum: Quest for the Heart [TES Mod]  (Read 11444 times)

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Anumidum: Quest for the Heart [TES Mod]
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 10:29:40 pm »

Squeeee. i'm just excited my dwarf did something and didn't die!

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 11:15:41 pm »

Yay I engraved something!I'm quite proud my character accomplished something lol.
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 01:20:30 am »

Bwahahaha! Shoot them down! >=D
These inferior races will not be allowed to interfere with the great plans of the Dwemer race! ONWARDS!

Also: I think goblins in vanilla DF sometimes follow caravans. I guess they like to raid em occationally. =)
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010, 02:37:37 am »

Squeeee. i'm just excited my dwarf did something and didn't die!
Dwemer. Bearded Elf. :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2010, 03:58:09 am »

Chapter 6: It's getting crowded.

14th Hematite, Early summer, 2nd year
  This has been a year since our arrival. During the winter we've got a single trading party from strange men from the north who call themselves "nords". They didn't have anything interesting to  trade but we've bought their goods anyway to encourage further trading. Their weapons seem to be finely crafter.

In the spring we've got a caravan of the cursed Bosmer. Who dared to call those bastards our brothers? They totally detest the good of technology and live on trees in wildlands! And they didn't bring anything spectacular, what would you get from such low creatures... Well, at least they had some copper gear, we will melt it and turn into tools later.

Bosmer traders were followed by Khajiits. Cats, that's all dwemer can say... We've asked them to bring some pets next time, animals are good at routine labor. Khajiit should know it anyway.

At least we've got our magma channels filled, and now we can use the heat on the whole floor. Also it looks nice.
Magma pits in the Statue Garden look really warm and comforting.

Image: Statue garden and magma channels

A few days later we've got a first group of immigrants from our outposts. It looks like they didn't try to sort groups by profession... Time to re-arrange the jobs. Our garrison now has 25 dwemer, and 6 are in military. They are training in wrestling and crossbow shooting. Linka made a few fine arbalests for them to use.

Summer offered us a contact with an imerial nation. They were moving along and they've spotted our outpost. Now the guard tower which can see all around and which can be seen from afar doesn't look like a good idea... And the caravan brought to us the attention of a third party: an orcish raiding group again.

A group of mounted creatures appeared on a hill and moved after the caravan. All of them were riding big hairy boars, and they are led by a big terrifying orc with a sword.

Image: Orcish raiders

We've got our military stationed at the entrance. waiting for the imperial caravan guards and ready to repel the ambush. Also it looks like a good time to test the Derm's "trap section" which he planned and constructed during his sleepless nights. All of us hope that the traps will work. Khajiit merchants look nervous, even our War Centurion Spiders stationed at the entrance do not make them to feel safe.

Image: Trap entrance

There's going to be a fight... We've just set up the tomb, let's hope it doesn't get another inhabitant...

Image: Tomb level
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:11:26 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2010, 05:37:20 am »

OK, I start to document player dwemers. Wait a bit, you will all end there (check the "population" in the "Overview" section in the OP, the first post should be the most informative).

Kagrenak
Mayor/Clerk/Treasurer
Image: Kagrenak's personality

Yagrum Bagarn
Founder miner/Crafter
Image: Yagrum's personality

Onion
Founder miner/Engraver
Image: Onion's personality

Derm
Mason/Mechanic/Traps&mechanisms engineer
Image: Derm's personality

Linka
Master Carpenter/Woodcutter
Image: Linka's personality

Kanna
Chief Farmer/Chief cook/Supply advisor
Image: Kanna's personality
Image: Kanna's indoor and outdoor farms

Metalmil
Siege engineer/operator
Image: Metalmil's personality

Khamero
Soldier/probable sheriff
Image: Khamero's personality
Image: Khamero before his first fight

Also dare to suggest projects and general development of the fortress. So far I had to come up with everything by myself.

Kanna expanded her farms outside so now we grow Sunberries.
Derm has made a retracrable drawbridge with a pit under it and a set of traps
Yagrum Bagarn... He is too busy with his fancy crafts. So far we were able to buy whole caravans thanks to his masterwork obsidian toy soldiers, puzzleboxes and bracelets.
Linka has become a master carpenter and she's got an apprentice under her with a new wave. They cut the trees together and he teaches the new carpenter how to make masterwork beds.
Onion smothed everything he could get, he's now legendary at that.

I want some immigrant metalsmiths to start our own metal devices...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:05:35 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2010, 06:05:39 am »

Wheels of adultation...?! xD

The beards of fire is an awesome name though. =D
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 06:12:06 am »

Adulation, not Adultation :).

Also, Yagrum Bagarn has the dwarven name of "Metalrazor". Awesome XD.

P.S> There's a DFMA Map:
[[[ DFMA MAP: Hellheart ]]]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:38:54 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:46 am »

Eh, I was too fast to consider the danger. That picture shows only a half of the orc group, and there's another group of 15 orcs lead by a hammerlord approaching from the north...

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:13:34 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 08:38:31 am »

Chapter 7: Battlegrounds.

16th Hematite, Early summer, 2nd year
  These documents describe the event of an orc ambush in the summer of 2nd year of this fortress, 152 year by the global calendar.

Imperial traders arrived just in time to hide in the fortress from the orcs. Two brave guards jumped on them despite of our yells to stay inside. They didn't know about the traps Derm installed...

They were slaughtered by now joined forces of two orc parties at place. Then orcs started to pour into the fortress entrance. Their victorious yells were ended by loud screams when they started to fall in cage pits which opened under their feet.

Immediately the walls of the trade depot ahead of them were raised and our guards encountered suprprized orcs with sharp harpoons out of their arbalests.

It was quick. Two dozen of orcs failed miserable in a moment. The death of imperial men was sad but none of dwemer were wounded so we count it as an success. The pile of orc iron gear in the armory starts to become too big. It's about time to smelt it into useful bars...

After the battle we've found out that we've caught the aforemented swordsmaster, the leader of a first orcish wave.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now we have a few orcs in cages and a few boars which are dirty and fierce but look tasty. Boars were ordered to be butchered while the orcs sit in a deep pit... We think what to do with them. Kagrenak tried to interrogate them but they refuse to speak and just yell and shake their fists... We were victorious today but everyone noted hom much numerous was the second ambush... It looks like they target our fortress as a gold of big raids now, which is not good.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:44:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 09:32:29 am »

Darned imperials! They should know that their silly speechcraft bonus will do them no good in battle! They should know that their only chance of survival is to hide behind OUR masterful defenses, and behind OUR gloriously clad dwemer warriors!

Bloody imperials... Their own fat luck they didint get hurt.

The khajiit were smart enough to stay inside at least. Good kitties. =D
I really like khajiits. If possible, I'd want to be able to ride one in battle! >=D
Thats my dwemers dream in any case.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 10:02:58 am »

Khajiits seem to be extremely lucky. They were inside during the battle, then they quickly left just before another horde of orcs arrived... Really, within 20-30 seconds.

P.S. We're going to have a few more orcs trapped. I plan to make a colosseum now and I will record their fights. This will teach them how to come here...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:04:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 10:11:26 am »

When I am legendary swordsdwemer, let me fight them in the colloseum, with my pet automatons!

THERE WILL BE JUSTICE!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 11:01:14 am »

Ahem. I cannot assign pets to you because you're already a champion, and the jobs' screen is not accessible (I've always felt it's rather an oversight rather than a feature)...

Also you're nowhere close to a swordsmaster, you're going to be a macelord :3. Because you use a dwemer arbalest as other warriors, and it's a fearsome heavy weapon which shoots sharp harpoons of the size of a half man and is used as a sharp mace otherwise (bends have sharp protruding spikes at the ends so you use this weapon as a big pickaxe when you stab orcs with it).

Is it ok? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 11:32:33 am »

I took my time and drew a set of armor you currently wear:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬