Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [Community] Anumidum: Quest for the Heart [TES Mod]  (Read 11441 times)

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Anumidum: Quest for the Heart [TES Mod]
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 05:47:17 am »

Alright! =D

Just like me to miss the bus! I bet My dwemer is really pissed about that, leaving me behind like that! xD
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 04:20:38 pm »

In case you wonder what takes so long and where's the mod...
Here's the mod:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=48197.0

I was adding more critters to arctic biomes and I drew graphics for the new creatures, so it took some time. But now it's almost finished and new changes won't require a re-gen. Thus I will start today.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 01:55:04 am »

post deleted
don't worry I think I know what a Community fort thingy is.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 01:57:11 am by xdarkcodex »
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 09:13:08 am »

We're set. It's the late spring and the fortress is set up in a working way:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I add the storyline in the first post as I go.

Sorry Gyron, you died :(

It was totally unexpected. You were shooting down flocks of cliff racers when suddenly a cougar jumped out of woods and ripped your throat just when you were out of bolts... It's quite sad because I wanted to make you a permanent marksman later, because you've started as a proficient marksman and competent ambusher...  At least your cliff racers now are enough to feed the fortress until the autumn (without it they'd have to catch vermin because crops grow much slower than in vanilla DF).
If you want to pick up a dwemer, just write it here, I will get you in.

That sad death aside, the fortress is quite good, and a good amount of meat means that we can survive this year without big problems with supplies. The magma pipe by the way was cleared by Gyron too, thus we now have a safe source of magma (well, there is a single magma atronach on its bottom, but it has almost all bodyparts red and it won't heal during the next few seasons... I just have to remember about it, I don't want it to jump out of the pipe during some 7th year mega party and slaughter everyone.

Here's the map, and it's being expanded. There're a few rooms above and below, this is the main level:
M A P

Currently we have:

So many friends... Eh... I don't think this fortress will survive anyone else dying.
For some strange reason the dead heroic hunter Gyron who made the pipe safe and brought meat wasn't a friend of anyone...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:18:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

S.K. Ren

• Bay Watcher
  • I disbelieve and jump!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 09:48:22 am »

I'd like to be added to the waiting list:

Name: Alovmar
Profession: Blacksmith
Role: Head of research into the structural integrity of various metallic alloys and ignacius compounds.
Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 09:50:14 am »

Gyron, your death was redeemed, Linka has killed the jaguar.

Here's the place of your burial. Check the 1st post for the 4th chapter.

S.K.Ren: OK, You're counted.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:06:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 10:39:32 am »

Our first orc siege. I will write some story about it later. If you want the news: it came right after dwemer caravan and they met near my entrance in a tight passage. Now we have a lot of free iron, a HEAP of weapons, and a free set of dwemer armor from one unlucky caravan guard. And ice boar meat from the boar mount of the orc leader :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

4th Sandstone, Late-Autumn
  We've got our first contact with the mountainhome. They've sent a quite big caravan of merchants with well-trained bodyguards. At first I wondered why did they send so many well-trained thugs with them, it looked like a small army. But the moment we saw the caravan we knew why.

Linka was in the woods, chopping oaks for new furniture, when she saw the caravan. She waved to them and they started to fiercely wave to her. She stayed on a hill and continued to wave to them. Then she noticed that they yelled something, it was pretty hard to get. A minute later when they were close enough for her to hear them she heard their yells again: "Run, fool, run!" And then she saw Them.

A heap of stout figures appeared on a hill. They were running after the caravan. Their leader was a huge armored creature riding a giant white boar. Linka never saw such creatures before but she heard of them: those were orcs.

Orcs noticed Linka and a group of three warriors, a swordsman and three macemen, detached from the main group (which was about a dozen) and headed to our woodcutter. She turned her back and ran towards the mountain brook, the place she knew well (because they had to go there every morning to drink because of the lack of booze) and where she wanted to puzzle her persecutors.

Meanwhile, the caravan almost reached the depot. The liaison who led the caravan commanded traders to hide in the fortress and stationed guards at the entrance. Four swordsmen in the door, two macemen behind them and two crossbowmen behind them to cover the group.

The fight was fierce, but the orcs couldn't use the advantage of their number in a tight entrance, and their leader was slain with the first bolt, so the remaining two retreated while being persecuted by triumphant dwemer warriors. Sadly one of the guard was wounded in the throat with a poisoned dagger and he died in two minutes. Our leader Kagrenak promised to bury him as the dweller of the fortress along with his gear and armor.

Half an hour later Linka appeared, sweaty and tired. She told her friends that she was able to hide from orcs in the bushes in the mountain brook. Orcs who went after her retreated after they heard the dying screams of their brethren and joyous yells of dwemer.

The trading session was conducted, and masterwork craft of Yagrum Bagarn impressed the traders very much. They've bought them all, so we were able to get a lot of gems and useful tools along with food and some drinks. It was a long and hard day.

Image: Lots of gore at our doorstep
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:05:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 11:56:29 am »

Onion has engraved the  death of the orc rider (the boar riding leader) and the death of the caravan guard.

Bibaratis
Shem Sidos

I still wonder why did the orcs bring a single boar to ride. Probably they are not very rich...

P.S. it looks like Onion likes low boots and himself... I've got a few masterworks of low boots and a few masterworks of a dwemer who is engraving... And considering that the Onion is the only engraver here...

Well, at least he's made a big scene of the whole fight:
Ubomrilem
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:00:59 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:18 pm »

I've started to fill magma channels (which will serve as sewer channels). Time to power magma forges. It's winter and we've got a single mule from nords, we've sold them a lot of "Yagrum Bagarn & Co" masterwork crafts to call more traders next year.

Nothing special to write about... I will show you magma channels once they are filled.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 02:21:22 pm »

Safety first! The magma channels are covered with grates to walk over. Bosmer caravan (pathetic) has arrived. They live... for now. I will post a story once I get immigrants.

Here's the picture of the meeting hall (statue room) and the part of the corridor with magma channels covered with grates:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 02:54:45 pm »

The immigrants have arrived. 19...

6 men went to military. Dwemer do not send women to army, they need to stay at home to sort the things out and to grow babies.

Now we have:
Wrestlers (Tattoed Dyes Squad)
Ducim Slideoar, leader (may be a sheriff; Khamero?)
Likot
Tulon
Athel
Mosus
Sakzul

Male:
Tulon, woodcrafter
Lor, woodworker
Shorast, glassmaker
Mistem, fish dissector
Iden, peasant
Sakzul, peasant

Female
Urdim, animal trainer (has a sphere centurion pet)
Fikod, trapper
Sarvesh, gem setter
Mafol, milker
Zuglar, tanner/butcher
Mosus, siege engineer
Unib, pump operator
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:57:25 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Khamero

• Bay Watcher
  • Bronzebeard - Master of arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 03:52:09 pm »

Sure! Khamero surely practices some archaic martial hand to hand combat for when the axe is overdoing things.  8)

And I bet he arrives totally pissed that he missed the last wagon AND the trade caravan.
You might think that this is some sort of trap. That I’m using you as bait to lure in your friends. I’m not. I just enjoy torturing innocent, young girls.

I know it’s sick. But everyone needs a hobby.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 04:40:23 pm »

Can I cliam the siege operator? If she can't finght the enimes of the dwemer, she will construct the weapons of there doom!

Also if shes tagged with a couple of other jobs that need doing around the fort thats cool.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 05:00:53 pm »

Yeah, currently "late game" or rarely used professions are used as furniture and item haulers :). I will tag you.

I saved and go to bed. Right when a siege of orcs arrives. They ride boars. ALL OF THEM. That's better. Sadly there's a human caravan which just arrived (do orcs follow caravans? :D) thus it's going to end bad for orcs (we have six elite wrestlers now who train with crossbows and all have leather armor... And the leader, Khamero, has full Dwemer Set. From that poor dead guard from the autumn caravan. Poor orcs :D. I hope next time they bring cave trolls.

Anyway, good night all, I will continue to play and write a few stories about the winter and the beginning of the spring in the morning.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4