Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Slavery enhancer 4*pi 1.8 ver  (Read 11768 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery enhancer 4*pi
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

this makes captured foes tamable? didn't DC had something like this where you can class someone tamable?
No.  As I understand, it makes tamed foes act as a member of your civ, such that they can do work.
I would imagine that the DC function is somewhat of a prerequisite in terms of being unable to tame enemy civ members normally.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Wiseacre

• Bay Watcher
  • Licker of rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:59 pm »

this makes captured foes tamable? didn't DC had something like this where you can class someone tamable?
No.  As I understand, it makes tamed foes act as a member of your civ, such that they can do work.
I would imagine that the DC function is somewhat of a prerequisite in terms of being unable to tame enemy civ members normally.

Can you make goblins join your army?
Doing youtube stuff now, check me out!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0H15QEUIeG-GyFQY1Mu72Q

Eagle0600

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »

I would say yes.
GENERATION 21:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 09:28:02 pm »

does this work with your util Spellscraft? as ive gotten it too work, I try to run Slavery and it closes right away, downloading new version now

EDIT: Downloaded the newest version "Friendship.exe" same problem as the last one, Im using windows 7 and DF version 40d16
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:06:40 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 11:08:57 pm »

so one can have proper goblin fortress with this
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery enchancer 4*pi
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 11:16:26 pm »

It works only on 40d16. Why would you want to use other (older more bugged) version?

Older doesn't necessarily mean more bugged. As far as I know, 40d9 was pretty much bug-free, as far as the graphics/input update went (I believe bugs in later versions arose from the new features in them), and the new keybinding system of the later versions was too confusing to me to bother playing that version (I have a laptop, so I have to move a fair bit of the keybindings around). I don't really see myself needing the zoom feature and stuff, either.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:34 am »

does this work with your util Spellscraft? as ive gotten it too work, I try to run Slavery and it closes right away, downloading new version now

EDIT: Downloaded the newest version "Friendship.exe" same problem as the last one, Im using windows 7 and DF version 40d16
It supposed to close almost right away. to check if it worked look ant unit screen. If your pets (cats, dogs) have "no job" instead of "Tame" then it worked.

To work with spellcraft you would need to run this first, then spellcraft and leave it running. This works as a "patch it and done" program, spellcraft as a "patched while running"

EDIT2:Updated program. See first post. Basically added civ changer. Now you can change between civs. (Useful if embarked on towns and similar)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:53:59 am by darius »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 11:52:16 pm »

I run it and from the look of it it say 0 files to patch, cats and dogs remain tame not no job (downloading new version)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 07:37:53 am »

Try now (1.3). This probably fixes the bug.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 12:22:52 pm »

Downloaded new version (1.3) and I'll try it out when I get back in (1.2) the civ changer worked fine, just couldnt use the other race because of them being all tame lol

Naes Draw

• Bay Watcher
  • She likes modding for their customizability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 12:25:25 pm »

This sounds handy for some ideas I'm working with. Do you run it, then DF, or the other way around?

[CREATURE:CAT]
   [NAME:sena cat:sena cat:sena cat]
   [INTELLIGENT] [MISCHIEVOUS] [FEMALE]
   [PREFSTRING:craziness]
   [SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_SHOES:UNCOMMON]
   [PERMITTED_JOB:MODDER]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 12:30:36 pm »

This sounds handy for some ideas I'm working with. Do you run it, then DF, or the other way around?
you run DF load your save then Friendship.exe thats how i believe it works

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »

ok it now works and pets now have nojob.... then crash after awhile (not a problem since I was well informed before hand) at least I know this works now  ;D hopefully you can fix this crashing problem Darius

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 04:12:34 am »

It supposed to close almost right away. to check if it worked look ant unit screen. If your pets (cats, dogs) have "no job" instead of "Tame" then it worked.

To work with spellcraft you would need to run this first, then spellcraft and leave it running. This works as a "patch it and done" program, spellcraft as a "patched while running"

EDIT2:Updated program. See first post. Basically added civ changer. Now you can change between civs
. (Useful if embarked on towns and similar)
yeah about that when I type the id of the civ it kill the fort.
I wonder why until I had a settle with animals and try it again and found out it remove all my dwarfs from the unit list yet never allow me to play as the other civ.
 so far changing humans to tame and running this seems to kinda work
still don't get how?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 04:14:51 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 04:53:54 am »

Fixed that crash bug and now you can use civ changer alone (without slavery patch). Actually civ changer is much more bug free then the slavery.
On the other hand: are goblins carnivorous? I think they are dying from hunger because of that in my fort.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:08:51 am by darius »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4