Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: He is in a constant state of internal rage  (Read 4341 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: He is in a constant state of internal rage
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 07:33:08 am »

dunno , but my angry millitary dwarfs happen to do better then my non-angry millitary dwarfs

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 09:55:19 am »

In a year of DFing, I just recently saw "He is a hardened individual."

As of now, I haven't found just what makes one hardened...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 10:03:12 am »

In a year of DFing, I just recently saw "He is a hardened individual."

As of now, I haven't found just what makes one hardened...

Check the Military screen in Dwarf Companion. One of the stats will be either incredibly high (95-100ish) or incredibly low (0-5ish). I'd guess that that's exceptionally low stress offhand, but I can't remember all the traits.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »

"He is a hardened individual" means that he has killed a few things (or seen a bit of death). Its on the way to "doesn't care about anything any more" and after "is getting used to tragedy". It means he will not react very much to the death of friends.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 04:28:47 pm »

My Hammerer has a statement at the very end of the personality section (after the one about needing alcohol to get through a working day) that says "She doesn't really care about anything anymore".  I've never seen this on another dwarf, though, so for all I know it's a Hammerer thing.  She doesn't seem to get any strange thoughts, though, continues to be ecstatic about eating in great dining rooms, etc.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »

I usually see "S/he doesn't really care about anything anymore" on dwarves who lost friends and relatives.

rufio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 04:48:43 pm »

Well, she came with that trait when she entered the map for the first time.  Do Hammerers exist in worldgen before migrating to the fortress?  She didn't seem to have any friends or family, or even a spouse.  On the other hand, a number of my military lost a friend during an unfortunate sparring accident, and I noticed someone sleeping off goblin-related injuries who had actually gotten to "unhappy" due to a miscarriage on top of the injuries, but none of them had that trait.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 05:10:17 pm »

'doesn't care about anything anymore' is from killing a lot of enemies. If you have a small number of highly trained military dwarves, you will get the trait quickly. It seems to make them more numb to most death-related things, as there have been forts where the world is crashing around them and they are happy to be sparring and slaughtering any non-dwarf around.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 05:32:37 pm »

Well, she came with that trait when she entered the map for the first time.  Do Hammerers exist in worldgen before migrating to the fortress?  She didn't seem to have any friends or family, or even a spouse.  On the other hand, a number of my military lost a friend during an unfortunate sparring accident, and I noticed someone sleeping off goblin-related injuries who had actually gotten to "unhappy" due to a miscarriage on top of the injuries, but none of them had that trait.

I think the "Doesn't care about anything anymore" is a default trait of Hammerers, the same way the Dungeon Master always likes Gold, Diamonds, Two-handed Swords, and Dragons.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 05:40:41 pm »

Alternatively, Hammerers cause death to their fellow dwarf. It's their job. So, y'know. If it's not a trait explicitly native to them, it's one that any Hammerer worth his salt would get in a hurry.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 05:45:23 pm »

Alternatively, Hammerers cause death to their fellow dwarf. It's their job. So, y'know. If it's not a trait explicitly native to them, it's one that any Hammerer worth his salt would get in a hurry.

None of my Hammers have killed anyone. All of them had this trait before they "accidentally" fell into the pools of magma.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 08:21:22 pm »

With a dwarf in a constant state of internal play the odds well enough to become a skilled thrower?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 04:58:42 am »

With a dwarf in a constant state of internal play the odds well enough to become a skilled thrower?
He will throw more tantrums and as such throw more stuff and thus gain skill in the thrower profession. Just lock the dwarf who sees everything through the red haze of hate and anger in a room without a bed, dump a bunch food-stuffs in there and some shit he can toss around and wait.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 05:09:17 am »

Does the "anger rating" impact anything as far as gameplay go? Or is it merely for flavor? (given, that might change with all of Toady's personality changes in the next version).

I suspect that the higher the anger rating, the more likely a dwarf is to go Beserk if it goes insane and to get "Urist McAnger has become enraged!" when in combat

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 06:32:36 am »

I'm not sure if it does -- in a fort that went crazy-go-nuts, not a lot of angry dwarves went berserk (not a lot of dwarves went berserk, period -- mostly the mad and the melancholy). One of the berserk was even supposedly slow to anger, and I had a dwarf that went stark raving mad in one run, but then in another version of the run she went berserk instead. I've also had two dwarves go berserk in two versions, both times (one was the result of a failed mood and was very quick to anger, the other was part of the fort insanity and had no anger issues, but was an immodest thrill-seeker). As an aside, there was also a couple that went berserk, seconds apart from each other; they didn't seem to have any traits that'd affect anger, but it could be something, or could be a coincidence. I'm thinking traits in general could play a part, but not necessarily help tons. As for enragement, I don't know (most of mine that got enraged were berserk dwarves being dogpiled by champions).

I'm wondering what kind of testing can be done to see how it affects friendships. Find the most hateable dwarf and see if he/she has any friends?
Pages: 1 [2] 3