Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 10 - Now, Until The Moment You Die...)  (Read 9836 times)

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
Re: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 0: Where it all began)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 11:53:50 am »

Start wandering around and find some DAGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS!, if they are just lying around pick them up. If they are being sold wait fora good time to steal them

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:34 pm »

I look around for my trusty knife and saw. Also look to raid an tanner's shop.

@Jetsquirrel: It's the middle of the night. Perfect time for stealing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:06:07 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:50 pm »

venture into the supply depot to obtain a couple good slashing swords, cutlasses or scimitars or the like.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 01:50:31 pm »

But dysthmia is not chronic depression... :( Just as Tzynchian is not CE...
Do not waste time on worthless looting, but simply embark on the journey not wasting time for these fools
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »

Btw, how batshit can we go here? Are we supposed to play quasi realistic or can we, say, try to blow up the supply depot with our Minds?

Please, keep it somewhat realistic. There are people who can do that, and with a colossal portion of luck, you could achieve it, too, but most likely, you'd just fail. Like, you needed to roll 16-18 on both rolls to even have a shot at it.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 03:32:03 pm »

Sneak into the supply depot and grab some rations and water, and a bag to store them in.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 05:28:35 pm »

Find Giggles.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 10:56:43 pm »

Try to find a mallet around my old shop. The barrel still isn't perfect.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:06 am »

Turn this evening.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 1: Would you like rats with that?)
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 12:20:12 pm »

Oh my god, I forgot how tedious this is.

It's (Skill, Luck), always.

Mete - Venture into the supply depot to obtain a couple good slashing swords, cutlasses or scimitars or the like.

(15, 11) Not wasting time with sneaking, you simply take the back entrance and survey the rooms. Unfortunately, anything worth looting seems to have been looted long time ago, but by turning over every single blade you manage to acquire two decent swords. Actually, it's a sword and a scimitar.

Frizes - Start wandering around and find some DAGGGGEEEERRRRSSSS!, if they are just lying around pick them up. If they are being sold wait fora good time to steal them

(6, 11) You pace through the streets of the deserted city, trying to find daggers, but fail at spotting daggers in the darkness. The only thing you find is a copper coin, somewhere in a dark alley.

Karmana - Do not waste time on worthless looting, but simply embark on the journey not wasting time for these fools

(12, 8) Deciding that looting is not the way to go, you try to exit the village, but you walk in the wrong direction first. Luckily, you realize that and turn around, making it to the border of the village.

Dwayne - Try to find a mallet around my old shop. The barrel still isn't perfect.

(15, 10) You know the way to your old shop per heart. Soon, you stand before it. You enter and search...
Damnit! Some rascal stole your best mallet! This isn't the world, as you have prepared for this and bought a second mallet, but still - it is not quite as good as your best one!

Drummond - I wake up with a start an immediatly check my surroundings, especially looking for my precious basket

(14, 7) You look around the room. It is mostly nondescript. There is an urn in a corner for urgent nighttime business, and it smells like someone had to conduct one. Your basket is nowhere to be found, but you remember you stored it in your inventory already.

Apparently another traveler forgot something in the corner... a sheet of paper. Unfortunately, it appears to be a compilation of 'yo momma' jokes. You very nearly use it as fuel but decide against it.

Jurrvys - Sneak into the supply depot and grab some rations and water, and a bag to store them in.

(11, 13) The snoring is in your ears as you sneakily enter through the unlocked, unguarded front door. Inside, it smells of food. You find the source of it: It appears to be a cauldron of Skubbo, which is, basically, a soup in which you can throw everything that's organic for a slightly unappetizing, if filling meal. This one appears to be a Candle-and-Horse Skubbo. You fill a waterskin with it. Then you get another waterskin, which is half full of water. You double-check the color of the water, to see whether it is yellow. Luckily, it isn't. But it appears to be mixed with rat whiskey, judging from the smell.

You don't know who had the bright idea to distill rats but he was clearly off his rocker, or very resourceful. In this war, you have to be.

Roth - I look around for my trusty knife and saw. Also look to raid an tanner's shop.

(11, 15) You don't find your tools in the room, so you go outside and go to the right. There's a second-hand goods shop there - which has your tools on display. Not thinking twice you enter and rob them back, as well as all the cash stored there, which amounts to 8 copper coins.

Judging from the smell, there's a tanners in the victinity. You find it, enter it and rob a nice amount of leather and a tanning tub. Unfortunately, you now smell of tanner.

Verlaine - Find Giggles.

(14, 7)

He has to be somewhere here, your precious doll... all rummaging doesn't help, so you exit and find the second-hand store, too. You enter and search, and finally find him. Unfortunately, he's all beaten up.

Statuses

Spoiler: Mete (haika) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frizes (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Drummond (Lester) (click to show/hide)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 12:27:56 pm »

Doll? I wanted a Balor! Meh...

Find a piece of wood or metal to use as a club. Then join up with the others.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Lester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01:40 pm »

I follow Mete through the back entrance into the supply depot and start looking for a walking stick (because you should always take one on long journeys), some armor (because you should always take one on dangerous journeys) and a towel (because you should always take one on any journey)

Oh my god, I forgot how tedious this is.

I hope you're not bored yet  ;)
Oh, and btw, you forgot to close a bracket in Karmanas status
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:06:39 pm by Lester »

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 01:25:52 pm »

Go into the storage silently and get a towel,any amounts of daggers, waterskin with water. and if i find some daggers kill the guard and get his stuff 2

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

RtDX is neat in that it produces this handly probability curve near the centerpoint, so average rolls are more likely. The Skill/Luck separation also works in that favor, allowing to distinguish when something fails due to ineptness or just bad luck.

Unfortunately, it also means you have to roll six times the dice of a normal RTD...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 01:47:06 pm »

RtDX is neat in that it produces this handly probability curve near the centerpoint, so average rolls are more likely. The Skill/Luck separation also works in that favor, allowing to distinguish when something fails due to ineptness or just bad luck.

Unfortunately, it also means you have to roll six times the dice of a normal RTD...

On the other hand, normal RtD tends to be wonderfully wacky. :)

I'm coping so far, but the turn cost me nearly two hours.  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11