Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 10 - Now, Until The Moment You Die...)  (Read 9823 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

After my last idea failed spectacularily, I think it's time to do something a little simpler, traditional. It will, once again, run on Sean Mirrsen's RtDX system.

The setting is an entirely different one tho.

You are peasants or craftsmen of the country of Vorogzvia. You have been recruited by a recruiting officer - Sergeant Strchovksy - because the military ran out of volunteers and the war against the Federation of Socks has been going especially... *ahem* good.

Now to the interesting part. During the night, you dream of a figure of light, who explains to you that YOU are the chosen ones to save the world from the looming threat of the Angel of Death, and his ever-growing followership. The catch is, that, for achieving this mission, you have to travel to the legendary Civilization of Magic, and they are neither keen of visitors (without magical abilities), nor are they easy to reach. You either need to get upriver to the Dwarven Kingdoms - not a very outsider-friendly place either - or cross the river and thus get through the influence of the Iron Kingdom, who doesn't like your country either. And that's not even counting the Great Wasteland, supposedly home to every sort of monster imaginable.

Still, it is a holy quest, and it has better chances of survival than being used as cannon fodder in an inevitably *ahem* won war.

You wake up in the middle of the night. You're in the first floor of the inn, and the supply depot is across the road. Due to the especially *ahem* good recruit situation, the depot is probably unguarded, apart from the old quartermaster, and he's a cripple and snores that loudly that he wouldn't wake up if a cannon would be fired right next to him. You shouldn't expect much from the supply situation, though.

You have about 5 turns time before dawn breaks, and people become suspicious by you leaving. You have a map from the light spirit, and basic peasant clothes, but that's about it. And, looking at the map, the spirit has horrid handwriting.

Spoiler: "The Mappe" (click to show/hide)

Anyway, on to formalities. This is what your character sheet needs to contain:

Name:
Profession: (Nothing too sophiscated please.)
Mental Disorder:
God: (and some info about him or her)
Personality:

There are seven slots open.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:29:44 pm by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDX - Civilization of Magic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 02:41:28 pm »

I'll give this a shot, always did prefer magic type games. Though I assume from your intro that the players shouldn't start with magic.

Name: Mete
Profession: Dervish(medium armor, slashing sword in each hand, slightly berserkish)
Mental Disorder: Sun phobia. Mete is a normal human, but he is deathly afraid of the sunlight. He always keeps every inch of his skin covered when going outside. As a result he looks rather mummy-like wrapped in white and off-white rags.
God: Mete worships Rashiki, a feline cat goddess who is a deity of the desert sands. She is very much like a cat, aloof but friendly, deadly but cute, sleek and smooth. It is said she has dominion over sandstorms and all desert predators.
Personality: For the most part Mete is a quiet chap. Prefering to keep to himself when at all possible. However, he has outbursts of emotion usually involving his goddess, or combat. When fighting he prefers to have a bladed sword in each hand, and preforms a dizzying spin attack cutting everyone around him. As such, most people shun him, as he would damage both friend and foe in a fight.

Hope that works. :) oh and the last idea was ok, but making players work to join is.. eh, difficult, heh. I don't know about others, but as soon as I saw I needed to do a crossword, I bailed to go read other posts. Maybe I'm just lazy... >.>
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »

The players don't start with magic, that's correct. The name only stems from your legendary goal.

Your PC is... not what I had in mind, but perfectly servicable. It's some sort of foreign legion thing, I guess :P You know you're rather unarmed at the beginning, right?

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 03:07:04 pm »

in i will post something tommorow! no time now k

Edit : here is the char

Name : Frizes
Profession: Thief
Mental Disorder: Kleptomaniac
God: Frizes worships the god Gyutok, a male man that is always completly pitch black who is a deity of the shadows and night. He is just like a shadow, when he doesnt move he cant be seen, he is invisible in the night but he is also friendly to good persons.
Personality: Frizes is just like every normal guy expect that he likes to collect different kinds of daggers, he always wears them on his body in pockets. because of that he always wears a robe over it with a hood that is black, he puts it out of combat do start his dagger skills. he usually avoids fights due to being sacred of losing daggers
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:44:15 am by Jetsquirrel »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:23:20 pm »

Name: Karmana
Profession: Herbalist
Mental Disorder: Dysthymia
God: Karmana is a worshipper of Tzynchian, God associated  with change, trickery and volatility of life, He is commonly imaged taking form of a human monk. Not much known of the cult by those who are not members of it, but the common image of him is usually insane, chaotic, cruel beign, who takes joy in corrupting souls, despite the fact that no evidence was supplied to back those claims up.
Personality: Karmana is a quiet, drawn-away peasant, She never was able to handle stress. Her illness resulted in most of the village prefering to keep away from her, which did not help her already unstable mind. She is mostly depressed, feeling hopeless for most time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:49:05 pm by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 03:44:10 pm »

The players don't start with magic, that's correct. The name only stems from your legendary goal.

Your PC is... not what I had in mind, but perfectly servicable. It's some sort of foreign legion thing, I guess :P You know you're rather unarmed at the beginning, right?

He's basically just an 'arabian' berserker. As to the equipment, yeah I figured as such, the peasant in rags type thing. His goal will be the swords, probably from the supply depot if possible right from the start. Was hoping you'd give him rags for wrapping himself in, it's mostly just for flavor. Wasn't sure how to deal with the mental disorder thing.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 04:41:35 pm »

Name: Dwayne Tapsmith
Profession: Cooper
Mental Disorder: OCD.
God: Ekape. Ekape is a diety of wisdom, serenity, order, and flexibility. A pacifistic and easily yielding god, tenants of the faith strive to be compromising and meek.
Personality: Very rude to the disorganized and sloppy, craving perfection in all aspects. Cannot handle tough situations courageously, instead occupying himself with the fetal position, surrender, and making objects symmetrical.

As far as equipment goes, I only request a very basic leather apron and a metal ring that was meant for a barrel he was working on but didn't quite finish because one of the slats was a little longer than all the others.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Lester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 05:28:04 pm »

Hey there, I always wanted to give RTD a shot, so sign me up!

Name: Drummond
Profession: Wandering Metalsmith
Mental Disorder: Has a thing for his portable working materials. Especially his firebasket. He will protect it all cost and will go to insane lenghts to keep it from going out.
God: Gorbad. Gorbad is god associated with home, hearth, fire and safety.
Personality: Gorbad is somewhat antisocial, one of the reasons he choose a life on the road over establishing a prmanent (and more profitable) forge. Although generally gruff, but peacefull, he will grieviously harm anyone threatening something he loves.

Equipment wise, I'd like some kind of portable forge. Nothing sophisticated, just enough to make minor repairs and tinkerings whileon the road. Oh, and a hammer  ;)

EDIT: Uh, rereading your first post, we don't HAVE any equipment...soo maybe just the firebasket then? If that doesn't work for you, I'll come up with something else.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:34:37 pm by Lester »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 05:43:18 pm »

You already have a perfectly good RTD, with perfectly good characters, and everybody is interested in it. Or at least was. Nice job breaking it.

But seriously, why not just modify the previous one to run on the RtDX system?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 05:58:21 pm »

Name: Jurrvys Ulinanda
Profession: Public Preformer
Mental Disorder: Scizophrenia
God: Lunisa, God of Light and True Seeing. When disciples complete the wishes of Lunisa, she gives them blindness. They see nothing..but everything. She takes the form of a woman with long flowing blond hair, and no pupils.
Personality: Jurrvys is a strange man. He is constantly smiling and he just likes to make people happy, but is paranoid that people don't like him and will backstab him if he doesn't make a good joke or two. He's very insecure. Jurrvys usually hallucinates seeing birds that nearly cover the sky instead of clouds.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 06:13:19 pm »

Ooooo sounds interesting. Anyways, I'm in.

Name: Roth McAustry
Profession: Carpenter
Mental Disorder: Claustrophobia.
God: Jikarr, God of Life and Sun. She is often represented as a serpent coiled around a tree. Roth's strong belief in her results in his claustrophobia.
Personality: An opportunist, he is friendly and laid-back, but often spends his time alone. He feels happy with friends though.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 10:01:06 pm »

Name: Verlaine (The Inane)
Profession: Jeweler
Mental Disorder: Bipolar.
God: Perpende shall explain himself to you... in song!~

I am the reaper and I am the Djinn,
I am the monsters that makes you scream.
I am the visions that haunt you at night...
I am the vices in which you delight!
And I. Forgot. The melody to this song.
This song sounds all WRONG!

Personality: When in his depressive state, he is usually calm, collected and studious. Brilliant, but mad. When maniacal though, he flies into fits of rage at a whim. It is in some of these flipping states that he creates his most beautiful pieces of work, but some can tell that his work is always off... his madness can be found in his art.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:12:36 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 10:46:36 am »

You already have a perfectly good RTD, with perfectly good characters, and everybody is interested in it. Or at least was. Nice job breaking it.

But seriously, why not just modify the previous one to run on the RtDX system?

Because I, too, need some goddamn variety. And a lot of time to think how I will wrap up the MSPA, and cut out the elements that I went overboard with...

Well, okay, you'll get updates for the MSPA. Wednesday and Sunday. I'll make a thread in the Forum Games and Roleplaying section for that. But, if the intermission is finished, and this one here is not, it'll be on hiatus again.

All people up to this point are IN, even though this means extending the list of players by one.

Now compiling statuses.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:56:07 am by Errol »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 0: Where it all began)
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 11:29:12 am »

STATUSES!

Spoiler: Mete (haika) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frizes (Jetsquirrel) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Drummond (Lester) (click to show/hide)

Now let's get those actions in!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:49:20 am by Errol »

Lester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtDX - Civilization of Magic (Turn 0: Where it all began)
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:06 am »

Wohoo, I still get to do an action before I have to leave for college!

I wake up with a start an immediatly check my surroundings, especially looking for my precious basket

Btw, how batshit can we go here? Are we supposed to play quasi realistic or can we, say, try to blow up the supply depot with our Minds?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11