Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Civs without [CAN_CIV]  (Read 3218 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Civs without [CAN_CIV]
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:27 pm »

woohoo

They still have towns and stuff too.

Proof of concept is established, now to get the damn things to show up outside.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 02:41:33 am »

And, ladies and gentlemen, after days of strenuous tests and 'round-the-clock work, we have managed to create a caveman.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 04:16:12 am »

And, ladies and gentlemen, after days of strenuous tests and 'round-the-clock work, we have managed to create a caveman.
ahem...
i believe that is a cave woman...
unless its dressed in drag then i can understand how you made that mistake...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 06:57:18 am »

You made me giggle.

perhaps there's something special about caves.

I was pondering that too, SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM biomes are homes to all of the "___man" type creatures.  I'm going to try and repeat your approach with some other specific biomes.  Maybe they didn't appear right away in the temperate zones because there are just so many other temperate based creatures competing for spawns.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:55:08 am by SethCreiyd »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 01:23:33 pm »

Here are elves in a forest.  Took out [INTELLIGENT], added:
Code: [Select]
[BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:2:5]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:5]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[CAN_SPEAK][CAN_LEARN]

They spawned right away, five of them due north of the wagon.  They still made settlements like Untelligent's humans.

I put [INTELLIGENT] back, and unsurprisingly, there were no wild elves.

So, they will spawn as long as their 'intellect' is suitably tweaked.  Adjusting frequency adjusts their commonness, and adjusting the population number can lead to lots of them passing through year round.

So what the heck else does CAN_CIV do?  I haven't yet recieved a caravan or siege from any race without it, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.  More testing to do...   :-X

Edit:  removed genpower from code post
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:41:39 am by SethCreiyd »

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 01:44:42 pm »

not completely related on topic but you can still have both the just tested "wild" tags and the intelligent/can_civ  tags as long as biomes are matching/working at embark fortresses.

tho don't take this completely guaranteed because the only creature i have with both sticks to colder areas...which i don't go into

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 07:32:04 pm »

Hurm. This thread is breaking SCIENCE as we know it.
I love your work, keep at it.

Also, something else that came to mind.
Say you embark with dwarves, on a mountain, where the wild dwarves roam.

Can you then capture, tame and add them to your civilization? Isn't this sort of like that mod where you could purchase slaves to work in your fort? Something about making the civ creature a common domestic pet.

I would assume that the game would still treat the wild dwarves as animals, so you wouldn't be able to give them jobs, but hey, a man can dream.

EDIT: Hurp durp, sudden flashback just told me that you can't tame anything with the CAN_SPEAK or CAN_LEARN tags. Since butchering is included, how about wild dwarf bones then? Are they fair game to your guys, or are they treated the same as any dwarven remains, be it merchant guards, merchants or that goblin kidnapped dwarf guard.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:41:26 pm by Ieb »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 08:16:51 am »

Well, they seem to be absent names, but that's nothing their killing a few goblins can't fix.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: 1 2 [3]