Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cosmogeny (God Game Clone)  (Read 4093 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Cosmogeny (God Game Clone)
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:44:47 am »

People want another instance of this game and I've got a lot of time on my hands, so I've made this thread.
As the subject indicates, this is a clone, so, basically, the rules of that game apply here.
I am ARMOK. My Wrath is swift, but fair.
I am not ARMOK. I am Kadzar. My wrath is timely and fair enough.
Deities should read my LAWS in their entirety, and, if appropriate, the ACTs of the current AEON.

ACTS

#1. Every time I post, all deities will receive one ACT with which they may influence the world. The current amount of ACTs possessed by each god will be listed at the bottom of each post.

#2. All deities are allowed to save up 2 or 3 ACTs (which would take 2 or 3 days) if they so choose, and then use them all at the same time.

#3. All deities are bound by the dictates of all previous ACTs.

#4. An ACT should consist of a description (as long or short as you wish it), and a one sentence summary in bold.

Id sees the flat expanse of the world, and fluffing his whiskers summons his powers. A long crack forms in the world, pouring forth magma which solidifies into the chain of mountains that will be known as the Towers of Creation.

Id Asënzim creates the Towers of Creation.

Do not use bold for anything besides the summary.

#5. Any act should only consist of one significant action, as summed up in the summary. You may attempt to accomplish more than one thing with one ACT, but doing so flagrantly invites the WRATH OF ARMOK Kadzar.
I don't really see the point of the AEON thing, so we'll just forget about that.
PARADOX USURPATION and RETIREMENT

#7. If 5 days pass in which a deity does not post, it will be destroyed by PARADOX. You cannot exist and not-exist at the same time. overthrown by younger gods.

#8. RETIREMENT is available for those that know that something will keep them absent for more than 5 days. When a deity retires, he is replaced, just as if he had suffered PARADOX USURPATION. But if the deity returns, he will be put at the top of the waiting list.
THE WRATH OF ARMOK Kadzar

This is when ARMOK Kadzar intervenes directly to meddle with your plans, because you have broken the rules. Don't complain! You yourself called upon the WRATH OF ARMOK Kadzar by breaking the rules.

Joining Up

Just post the name of your prospective god. You may wish to also write up a proper Dwarf Fortress stat block.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Though it will have no effect on the gameplay.
DEITIES
FUTURE USURPERS
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:28:04 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmogeny (God Game Clone)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 12:52:26 am »

Hmm... Assuming I can't be in both games at once here.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:48:34 am »

Yeah, let's give other people a chance.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:07:02 am »

In like a pin in a fin.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 05:06:02 am »

Bardoc is a deity associated with Suicide, crocodiles and Annoyingness. Bardoc has the form a of a hanged half undead man flying in the air
is this fine?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:03:28 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 05:07:57 am »

Myroc is a deity associated with darkness, knowledge, and secrets. He is often depicted as a black sphere with glowing yellow eyes.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

hillburra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 05:15:10 am »

I wonder if this game is as fun to spectate as it is to play, time for me to find out :P
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 05:20:37 am »

Dundas is most often depicted as a tall, blond, bearded axeman. He is a deity associated with alcohol, axes, war and women.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:03:12 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 05:20:48 am »

Fireheart is a deity associated with fire, wealth and honor. He is most often depicted as a great cat with flaming fur.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 07:51:11 am »

Armok is a deity associated with blood/life, exceptions, self reference, logic/mathematics, and insanity. He is often depicted as the same species/race as the one doing the depiction, but desaturated, much lower luminosity, and with red, glowing eyes.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 02:24:16 pm »

Alright. I have my five profiles for five gods. Let us do this.

In the beginning, there was nothing. Then, born out of the nothingness, Kadzar came to be.

After spending countless millennia alone, out of boredom and loneliness, he tore all five digits off his right hand and, after the flesh had rotted away, he carved the bones into the first five gods.

He named one Bardoc, another Myroc, one Dundas, the fourth, Fireheart, and the last, Armok. He gave them life and power and let them be, to observe what they would do.

ACTS LEFT
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:23:43 pm by Kadzar »
Glory to Arstotzka!

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 02:28:54 pm »

So I guess the gods are all Kadzar's RIGHT HAND MEN, huh?
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 02:37:00 pm »

Armok was the last one created, and the moment something changed about the void, invisibly but immensely powerful...

(I create a 4 dimensional coordinate system, 3 spatial and one time, setting up general relativity, and creating the related concepts such as causality, change, velocity, thermodynamics, etc. that are implied by those laws. All of existence is locked within this framework.)

Armok creates space and time.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 03:05:08 pm »

I'm kinda new to the forum game thing but seems like fun so I want to be on the waiting list.

Morgon is a deity associated with greed, wealth and good luck. He is most often depicted as a golden man surrounded with riches and dressed in the most expensive clothes.

P.S My english is not perfect, It's not my native language.

Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 03:05:33 pm »

Bardoc creates a gaint flying rock filled with black water

and i changed my name btw
Pages: [1] 2 3