Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Test Your Might: FORTRAL KOMBAT! (work in progress)  (Read 6464 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Test Your Might: FORTRAL KOMBAT! (work in progress)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:19:56 am »

Yeah. :(

Still, though, we gotta make do with what we have. Any other suggestions about things that I should probably put in? I'm going to start working on the critters again soon.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 10:43:36 am »

I second that Scorpion's spear should somehow make an appearance.

Also, I have the Mortal Kombat theme song stuck in my head now.
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 10:48:18 am »

I actually just watched the movie some days ago (totally worth it, and a firm contender against the version of Street Fighter with Raul Julia and Jean Claude Van-Damme for best early video game movie adaptation), and I have a couple of ideas.

I could set the player characters as Play Now unique creatures with powers the main races don't have. For example, as melee attacks the 'Scorpion' Play Now fellow has his firebreath - it's a fatality, so 50:100:BURN >:) - and his spear in the form of that weird snake-thing that comes out of his palm.

Or I could just have people play as main-race characters.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 04:35:23 am »

Update! :D A couple more critter previews.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 10:00:15 pm »

this sounds cool  :) you could add more attacks like Spinning Kick or Finger Poke Of Doom, Elbow smashes and back hands all types of kung fu moves, I don't know all of them lol but still nice mod

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 04:58:43 am »

Yeah, but I'd rather have the main races as mooks, so I'll just give advanced attacks to the [MEGABEAST]s and the Play Now! "races". ;D

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 08:43:35 pm »

So there's this arena...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 12:51:30 am »

I apparently don't have the wherewithal to get modding yet. Since, you know, it's... kinda complex now.
Pages: 1 [2]