Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42

Author Topic: EFFIGIES - Dwarfy Fantasy webcomic [DEAD]  (Read 75131 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: EFFIGIES - Dwarfy Fantasy webcomic
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2011, 08:45:04 am »

this and Adventurer Red's androgynous concern look(non edited) are the only three things I can't unsee in #52.
Joking aside I love the coloring of the recent panel really shove William's despair in the readers face like miasma coming off a zombie.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:50:56 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 17, 2011, 06:23:03 pm »

some concept art... Revised the layout of the keep in relation to merchant town... factoring in houses and shops crammed into every nook and cranny of the lower terraces.

heh, was wondering if anyone was going to point that out.. I've been drawing too many ugly old characters I guess, when I try to draw anything other than that the design rockets to the opposite extreme... :p
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:30:05 pm by Fault »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 17, 2011, 11:21:34 pm »

some concept art... Revised the layout of the keep in relation to merchant town... factoring in houses and shops crammed into every nook and cranny of the lower terraces.

[Adventure Traps:ON]
heh, was wondering if anyone was going to point that out.. I've been drawing too many ugly old characters I guess, when I try to draw anything other than that the design rockets to the opposite extreme... :p
I blame the convo on lack of females in this comic and personally not seeing a example of one from either the Fanart section or engraver guild(my bad if I did see one then this adventurer won't come off as a a concern Token Female member and just a close up of someone who place stats in Smooth skin being concern.) your Josef was the only character next to topless Swift (punching a deer/elk/cerabuu/fourlegged hairy beast) and that other blonde human who name passed me to being less rugged male characters. so you have only your self to blame for "killing off" the only person that was on the low level of rough looks. I order the Rough men starting from the highest from William, Dwarves,Adventure blue,Wolfbears, every creature you drawn in the comic, Shift,Tab(other blonde guy), Josef,your fan art, the small normal art I seen you did, the landscape and scenery,Deon's Bearded women, Adventure Red.
oh and happy birthday.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:41:58 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2011, 11:46:33 pm »

Certainly the pace of creating the comic -as opposed to reading it when it's all done- makes it more of an issue.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2011, 01:48:47 am »

oddly enough I had finished that page's lineart before the WHY NO GIRLS discussion really came up :-/

your ranking of character design by manliness is also very entertaining, by the way. especially the nicknames

oh and happy birthday.
thanks

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 18, 2011, 05:39:31 am »

oddly enough I had finished that page's lineart before the WHY NO GIRLS discussion really came up :-/

your ranking of character design by manliness is also very entertaining, by the way. especially the nicknames

oh and happy birthday.
thanks
man thought up the perfect gift for you.

"Better than Urva' "
"body swapping and YOU!"

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2011, 12:33:46 am »

Oh what birthday? BIRTHDAY!

Also, I have to say, no offense but some of your faces look as bad as ones I might draw. :P

(compliments on Red's shoulders though, those are something I can never get right especially in a small space)

Also, which of these do you guys think might make the best avatar?   8)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fr1gid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2011, 03:01:36 am »

I like what you are doing here and congrats on making it this far, It shows some real hard work ethic and a real passion for what you do  :D . Happy late BirthDay  8)

But now for the critique* which will be primarily in the graphical category :
Good:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not So Good:
Suggestions:
This is an example of some of the things I was talking about. Your original is on the left and the edited one is on the right. (I also tweaked some of the shadows but not much.)

If you have any questions on what I said just hit me up.  ;D

*Disclaimer: All contents are designed to make artist think and help themselves improve, and offered in good natured complete honesty. And some of it may just be personal preference.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:26:01 am by Fr1gid »

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2011, 04:39:55 pm »

You raise a point that I have been considering for quite some time. The minimal page size / aliased style is limiting to what I really should be capable of, and as such is gradually being phased out... already evident in some backgrounds, especially on page 51.

However, this graphical progression can not be an immediate change... it is a carefully guided transition, the changes in design elements tied to changes in the plot. As the story kicks into gear, the art will become smoother and more lively.

This is an awkward phase in the plan, though, where the more varied textures of the background are constrained by the presence of pixellated outlines and aliased figures... I expect to completely phase out pixellated art in about four or five pages.

also, thank you for linking that font site! I'll have to take a look around there.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

i object to the request to add pupils

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31:10 pm »

i object to the request to add pupils
Isn't the soullessness in the eyes adds 7+ in soul stealing and intimidation? Though seeing how Red and blue have them I guess it's a character trait.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2011, 11:00:49 pm »

it's a racial trait.

humans have pupils, elves and goblins have glowing eyes (pupil thus not visible), and dwarves have a grey membrane over their eyes that keeps dust out.

Fr1gid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 21, 2011, 12:49:01 am »

Cool. Sounds like a good idea, that way you don't just jump over to something else and can figure out what works. Looking forward to the transition.

Yeah I was referring to the humans. The goblin eyes look good.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2011, 05:05:19 am »

3/13 panels of page #53 are completed

Spoiler:  preview pic (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2011, 08:11:09 am »

So dwarves are Riddick. Great now I can not hear vin's voice through them now or imagine one creep up on a prison guard and violently snap his neck or wear goggles.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 42