Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42

Author Topic: EFFIGIES - Dwarfy Fantasy webcomic [DEAD]  (Read 75114 times)

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFFIGIES - Dwarfy Fantasy webcomic
« Reply #315 on: December 19, 2010, 04:42:47 am »

page #45 is finished!

in which Shift recounts a strange sighting.

oh and, have some concept art.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 19, 2010, 04:58:16 am »

Lotsa empty space. Unless it's a colliseum or something, you'd expect every square inch people can get to be loaded with markets, smithies, fields and stables. Open, paved spaces are a modern phenomenon.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 19, 2010, 05:34:38 am »

the empty space is intentional. The Keep is a religious city... and Faith isn't as strong as it used to be.

the other cities surrounded it are exactly as you described... but the Keep has a comparitively low population of permanent residents. As such, it has a lot of problems with finance and upkeep...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 19, 2010, 05:42:21 am »

oh god, not the damned wolfbears again.

also, that treasure in the temple? it looked like a facepalm

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #319 on: December 19, 2010, 05:46:02 am »

the empty space is intentional. The Keep is a religious city... and Faith isn't as strong as it used to be.

the other cities surrounded it are exactly as you described... but the Keep has a comparitively low population of permanent residents. As such, it has a lot of problems with finance and upkeep...
In such case you should add some natural degradation to it, perhaps some vines and plants and definetly some blatant religious symbols to denote it as a religious city and not a trade city.

also, that treasure in the temple? it looked like a facepalm
Agreed.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 19, 2010, 05:56:17 am »

In such case you should add some natural degradation to it, perhaps some vines and plants and definetly some blatant religious symbols to denote it as a religious city and not a trade city.

yes, it will definitely have signs of decay in images that are close enough to have that kind of detail.

also, the torches surmounting most of the buildings are big impractical religious symbols.. humanity having that "degenerate fire cult" and all.

The frequent repetition of three doors or three windows also has a philosophical significance.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #321 on: December 19, 2010, 06:51:13 am »

also, the torches surmounting most of the buildings are big impractical religious symbols.. humanity having that "degenerate fire cult" and all.
Then it should probably have more red in it like tattered banners with flame symbols and if the lowest part is in the middle of the city it should have a flame pit of some kind.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2010, 02:31:45 am »

Suggestion: They discover a new creature, and name it a Wolfbear.

Actually it's probably whatever... trolls? Orcs? Things the goblins were fooling with.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 20, 2010, 01:46:09 pm »

Wacth. This creature will just be an ordinary dire wolf.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 24, 2010, 03:39:58 am »

just keeping you up to date with the works in progress here...

as for the main comic, I'm focusing on getting page #35 coloured right now.

and for behind the scenes stuff, I've recently been working a detailed chart of all the individual villages in "the civilized world" area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

assuming my printing is legible this should clear up questions about population and industry... but if you're wondering about anything else, please ask.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #325 on: December 24, 2010, 04:00:29 am »

How can you call those cats?
                                           ^
I'd really like to see some Mt. Bakar art if you're not too busy.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 25, 2010, 11:25:41 pm »

Call me crazy, the the cat with the arrow pointing to it that says "That does not look the least bit like a cat" actually looks most like a cat, out of all of them.

The others remind me of Alien Hominid/Castle Crashers

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 26, 2010, 01:30:23 pm »

Call me crazy, the the cat with the arrow pointing to it that says "That does not look the least bit like a cat" actually looks most like a cat, out of all of them.

Have to agree with this...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2010, 01:38:25 am »

Page #35 is now fully coloured!

Have to agree with this...
I wouldn't have guessed that the cat scribbles would be the most interesting thing about that map... :-/

^
I'd really like to see some Mt. Bakar art if you're not too busy.
...whoa, you found a way to type the name of that mountain. impressive.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #329 on: December 27, 2010, 10:46:07 am »

You mean Baar or Baar?

Also, cats are always more interesting then maps as a rule of thumb.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 42