Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: War on Earthquakes  (Read 4955 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: War on Earthquakes
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 02:06:58 am »

Is this going to be as successful as the other wars you mentioned?

One more victory like those and we'll be undone.
damn you, Cthulhu, damn you. You beat me to it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 02:10:20 am »

Ah, nostalgia...

How many times has a joke like this been made? We may never know. : D

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 02:10:47 am »

Great way to reply to the first reply to a topic on the SECOND PAGE.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 02:13:31 am »

Don't knock the War on Terror. It got American troops into my country to help protect us from the secessionists, both to train our soldiers and (unofficially) do our fighting for us. That's at least one good direct effect.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 02:16:07 am »

It's been done before I say, it's been done before!
Don't listen to the LSD weasel, he tells lies and only lies!

(Also, if we get this thing passed will it count as a war on our on soil or in our own soil?)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 02:17:12 am »

I'm now the LSD weasel? SWEET. MY LIFE HAS MEANING NOW.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 03:36:41 am »

We don't really have the money to just dump over into earthquake prevention and prevention research, and also, why is it our responsibility? I mean sure, I'd support it if every country chipped in a bit, but we aren't required to provide for the well being of everyone in every regard.

You're arguably the most powerful country on earth, and - without any bashing intentions - after all the shit the USA started, it might as well help. The others are doing their part, the USA does too, but it could more.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 03:39:28 am »

Everybody can always do more stuff about everything.  That's not an argument.  As is, the United States was pretty much Haiti's only source of aid money without a disaster.  Wherever you're from I wouldn't be throwing any stones.

Damn nationalistic willywaving americalol threads.  Every fucking week, I swear.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2010, 03:43:49 am »

Well, this is better than the trio of stupidy: Pat Robertson, Rush, and Glenn Beck.

Even my old special needs hockey team (bless their little hearts) thought Pat's comments were retarded.

For those that missed out:
Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, you know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so the devil said Ok its a deal, and they kicked the French out, the Haitians revolted and got themselvers free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other, desperately poor. That island of Hispaniola is one island cut down the middle - on one side is Haiti, on the other side is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. and Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have, and we need to pray for them a great turning to god, and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come, but right now we're helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:45:53 am by KaelGotDwarves »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2010, 03:51:06 am »

Well, this is better than the trio of stupidy: Pat Robertson, Rush, and Glenn Beck.

Even my old special needs hockey team (bless their little hearts) thought Pat's comments were retarded.

For those that missed out:
Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, you know, Napoleon III and whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the Devil. They said we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so the devil said Ok its a deal, and they kicked the French out, the Haitians revolted and got themselvers free. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other, desperately poor. That island of Hispaniola is one island cut down the middle - on one side is Haiti, on the other side is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. and Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have, and we need to pray for them a great turning to god, and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come, but right now we're helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.
:o

Really?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2010, 03:55:43 am »

Yeah, they all said heartless shit after the quake but Robertson's takes the cake in the I-need-to-pull-my-lower-lip-over-my-head-and-swallow award.

It was so mind-numbingly stupid that the White House had to issue a statement as damage control so that people shouldn't take his words seriously.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_haiti_pat_robertson

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2010, 04:08:26 am »

Wow, I knew the administration put out an official statement about Robertson, but I didn't actually see it.  I'm honestly kind of surprised that Gibbs would just flat call him an idiot.  I mean, obviously he is, but everyone knows the presidency can't actually insult people.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 04:22:41 am »

President Barack "Kanye is a Jackass" Obama will pull no punches!

Seriously though, wow. The White House must have felt a real need for damage control to say something that harshly worded.

(Is it technically an insult if it's true?)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 04:28:59 am »

If it's anyone having anything to do with religion, yes it's an insult.  In the world of politics, to say that figure of importance to Christians of even the harshest strip might somehow be wrong is normally a grave insult worthy of damage control itself.  But yeah, it's Barack "Shut Yo Mouth" Obama's house now, and I haven't heard of a single person yet who put themselves on record as siding with Robertson on the curse thing.  That really was pretty gobsmacking.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 04:31:20 am »

When you broadcast on National TV that the earthquake "is a result of Voodoo rituals and a pact with the devil carried out before a slave rebellion against French colonists in 1791 and Napolean III (who couldn't because lolhistory)" and that the Haitians ought to use the earthquake to turn to god... well... it's probably a good idea to realize what you think shouldn't always be said because other countries are going to see that and use that against us, and we have a fair amount of enemies who would love to exploit such pants-on-head retardedness at all American's expense.

That's more dumb than Rush's "Obama is taking the donations to Haiti for himself/using the crisis for political gain/we already donate through income tax" while straight-faced ironically using the crisis for political jabs/gain.

That's more dumb than Beck's "I also believe this is dividing the nation…to where the nation sees [Obama] react so rapidly on Haiti and yet he couldn’t react rapidly on Afghanistan. He couldn’t react rapidly on Ft. Hood. He couldn’t react rapidly on our own airplanes with an underwear bomber…it doesn’t make sense."

Some Republicans are backing Beck and Rush, but no one can publically support Robertson, though one Republican house member, Rep. Steve King said this gem:  "This sounds to me like open borders advocates exercising the Rahm Emanuel axiom: 'Never let a crisis go to waste"...Illegal immigrants from Haiti have no reason to fear deportation, but if they are deported, Haiti is in great need of relief workers, and many of them could be a big help to their fellow Haitians."

He's on the House Subcommittee on Immigration.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:36:50 am by KaelGotDwarves »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6