Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blobfish  (Read 1771 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Blobfish
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:12 am »

Would take 3 metal bars, a bucket of pitch, and a length of rubber tube for every 3 cells of mobility.  First spot of rubber tube would be required to be above water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 08:36:36 am »

Would take 3 metal bars, a bucket of pitch, and a length of rubber tube for every 3 cells of mobility.  First spot of rubber tube would be required to be above water.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Are these things still used over scuba tanks or ArtiGills?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 09:57:36 am »

Since when do dwarves attempt deep sea diving? Of course, it would add the potential for plenty of Fun, so it can't be all bad. Anyway, it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it would fit in that well.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:06 pm »

Also, a huge chunk of obsidian could plop into the ocean, allowing underground tunnels to access the new block at the bottom, which can be hollowed out for an underwater city. That underwater city would then be invaded by blobfish whenever a porthole burst.

PS: Water splashing out when a huge objects enters it would be nifty. But I digress.
Sorry,After having pressure blast half an underground river up my fort and killing the entire population except some kid I decided I don't want to be involved with lots of water for now.
Pages: 1 [2]