Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47  (Read 38933 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2010, 06:04:09 am »

I don't know. Having to draw a new political plan nearly each and every turn, due to player changes, kinda defeats the purpose of the whole game.
I admit that I'm losing interest.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:51 am »

I have been too, which is why I've been rapidly moving with a plan to cause some chaos.  But now I would have to reset relations with Hawkwood once again.  I'm willing to keep moving, but I understand if others don't want to.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2010, 10:02:20 am »

Changing players is no fun. And it's not easy for the new player to be on equal footing as the rest. Planets quickly get complex and it's hard when you start mid game. I see it in the state of Al-Malik. In the other game, where I took over Decados, it was easier as they were very small and the universe had only one important relation, one big feud. The number of turns was also less.

You and Hawkwood are in a situation, where the changes are extra bad.

We can either start over, or go crazy with some sort of an all out war.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:09:03 am by Mlittle »
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2010, 07:50:25 pm »

Aha! I see your plan now al-Malik! You have just been waiting for a chance to start a crazy ass war with the Galaxy! Incidentally even as one of the new players, my interest has been kinda waxing and waning with each new arrival or delay (Many caused by me.) But I'm easy, what would everyone like to do?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2010, 10:58:08 pm »

I'm conflicted.  We've put so much time to get this far, finally to a stage where we have fleets, forces, industry, ripe for war.  I feel like I'd rather have some all-out unscripted war than to abandon the game after all this work.  Becoming emperor isn't so much the goal of an EFS game as having awesome battles and backstabbing.  We need that to happen.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2010, 04:56:19 am »

Well, I find myself hardly ready for an all-out conflict. I've been hiding behind the Fleet not without a reason, which I'll be most likely stripped of next turn.
But sure, if you want to see some flashes and generally flood the fort with magma, I can stay for a bit and bravely take the beating.

I'm assuming that Kebooo will be taking control of Hawkwood? Or maybe we should hand them over to Margrave, as he seems to be the weakest player at the moment?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2010, 05:37:15 am »

Didn't read all parts of the thread but this game interests me alot... But, those links with guides and stuff? It says the website is down.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2010, 05:42:13 am »

Didn't read all parts of the thread but this game interests me alot... But, those links with guides and stuff? It says the website is down.
use this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050204001305/website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/home.htm

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2010, 05:57:07 am »

Got it.... I can't download the Nova upgrade though.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:31 am »

http://rapidshare.com/files/418018548/EFS_MODS.zip
It's possible that it's already over the download limit, in which case give me a shout and I'll upload it again.

Anyway, if you're planning to join this one, then hold your horses. It appears that all four of us got rather disillusioned with the game, and are want to end it in flames of total war.
Unless that's what you're into.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2010, 07:38:45 am »

Truth be told, the Hawkwood have a superior fleet to mine.  I got too wrapped up in expansionism, etc.  I may have tons of cities and troops, but without the fleets to back them up, I'm not some big unstoppable force.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2010, 10:27:17 am »

The fun stuff takes some time to prepair and develop. I don't think the backstabbing and the wars are going to be much fun without the prepping.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »

Yeah. Right now it'd probably boil down to a few space battles, won by whomever will control the Fleet this decade.
As for the prepping, it's what we'd been doing all those turns. It's not like it can be much hurried.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2010, 02:55:48 pm »

It's something of a shame, all I needed was the resources on Stigmata to bounce back. I even have 10 transports waiting to jump in next turn to strip the planet dry. And all out war would be rather lopsided for whoever had the fleet, despite my efforts to spread Missile Platforms around my planets, a sustained fleet attack would still crush them easily. Its up to you guys.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 20, 2010, 03:04:48 pm »

I don't know.
How about we put it on hold, indefinitely. Perhaps one day Zorgn will decide to come back, and if we'll still be into it, then we could restart.
I've got a feeling that there wouldn't be much to have fun with otherwise. There was a lot of time invested in this one, true, but wasting it all in some random fighting would be even worse than just letting it go. I think.

Well, that's my stance. If you'll decide to carry on regardless, then I'll play along, you can be sure of that.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19