Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47  (Read 38959 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 36
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2010, 06:26:19 pm »

Fifty five and I'll throw in a cord!

edit: in response to the edit - the inability to find the on/off button was a clever, masterfully crafted parable on not having the necessary technology. Oh how pains me to see you miss that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:37:29 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2010, 06:44:52 pm »

I assumed that might be it, but given the various things I've been asked by my friends that I convinced to play the game with me (and these are really smart guys), like "what does the color of the planet's name mean?", I feel I must be the EFS father-figure to others.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2010, 12:09:11 am »

Can someone tell me how palaces work? I built one on another planet so yay but now I'm setting up on a third planet and it won't let me build a palace now. What gives?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2010, 12:46:13 am »

Today is a sad day. An Imperial Eye transport was shot down over Artemis, killing all aboard, including an agent sent to inspect the planet. Transmissions about rebel planet to space weaponry were received before contact with the ship was lost.

House Hawkwood is furious and has vowed vengeance upon the Artemis Rebels.

OOC EDIT:
What the hell, rebels? You shot me down over Grail too? Damnit! Assume everything above applies to the Grail Rebels as well.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:02:18 am by Zorgn »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2010, 06:40:34 am »

Can someone tell me how palaces work? I built one on another planet so yay but now I'm setting up on a third planet and it won't let me build a palace now. What gives?
There is probably already a palace on that planet. Dark grey planet names on the galaxy map indicate just that.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2010, 01:10:09 pm »

Alas, if only our Brothers from the Hawkwood had the foresight to notify us of the Eye's righteous itinerary, this tragedy could have been averted and we could have warned against Weapons Inspections anywhere near Grail.

OOC: Trust me I learned the hard way Grail had Lasers too.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2010, 05:30:19 pm »

The Li Halan offer our condolences to the families of the Imperial Eye agents and crewman.  We have unfortunately not fully subdued the rebels throughout our lands, but with each passing year, their annihilation crawls ever near.  We would suggest that Imperial Eye transports avoid landing too close to clusters of cities, as this is where the rebels prefer to house their hulking PTS weapons.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2010, 07:56:50 pm »

I, Gabrielle, would like to personally assure every good man, woman and child that the symbiot infestation on Daishin has been eradicated.  Rest assured, no Li Halan city, factory or not, will ever come under symbiot control again.

-From an open letter addressed to the known worlds

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »

Are you sure? I could take the Imperial Fleet and bomb your cities on Daishan.
Just to be on the safe side - you never know with Symbiots.

ed:wording
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 09:09:25 am by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2010, 12:43:13 pm »

I'd prefer it if you could take the Imperial Fleet and bombard kelp fortr...wait where am I?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:34 pm »

So I've downloaded the game from your link and I've been trying the game out. It's pretty cool. Just, uhm, what do clergy do? Is the only way to make firebirds by selling crap at Agora's? Blademasters are upgraded nobles, right? Is it possible to get new nobles somehow? Can I deconstruct buildings I no longer want around?

Why can my units walk on the sea in the dark-orange mountain worlds?..And what's a good counter for psy? Why do I have a honking huge garrison on Byzantium II if combat is banned? What can I do on Byzantium II if I can't build things? How is it even possible for the church to ban indoctrination?! What's the tech for getting arboretums?

And how on HOLY TERRA am I supposed to mine for fish?!

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2010, 02:21:11 pm »

Just, uhm, what do clergy do?

In EFS 1.4, nothing.  In Nova 2.3, they have PSY combat ability and cost nothing to build (albeit 8 turns in a church).  They were meant to have a role but it was never implemented.

Is the only way to make firebirds by selling crap at Agora's?

You can gain firebirds the following ways: selling to an Agora, raising taxes, lowering pay, raising tithe, or receiving firebirds through diplomacy with another player.  You can also get firebirds from selling maps to the Vau, although this is against house rules.  You can also take loans from the League.

Blademasters are upgraded nobles, right?

Yes, with the proper technology, you can upgrade your nobles to have better stats.

Is it possible to get new nobles somehow?

Yes, there are two ways.  One, you can find them, randomly, amongst ruins (they will pledge themselves to your cause).  Two, depending on their loyalty, you can rout them if you damage one in combat but don't kill it.  In EFS 1.4, a noble with 75% loyalty is impossible to rout.  In Nova 2.3, there is a 1% chance to rout them.  Then you must capture them.

Can I deconstruct buildings I no longer want around?

Yes, you must use raze city with an engineer that's on top of that city.

Why can my units walk on the sea in the dark-orange mountain worlds?

These are barren planets, it is not an actual sea.  The sea dried up, and they are walking on the bottom of what was once a sea.  This is why you cannot build naval ships on a barren world.

..And what's a good counter for psy?

Units with higher psy defense.  Psy defense replaces the role of armor when calculating damage from psy attacks, and there are a few units with high psy defense.

Why do I have a honking huge garrison on Byzantium II if combat is banned?

To protect your noble and have a presence on the capital world.  Combat is not banned when someone declares themselves emperor.  When this time comes, you'd obviously want a powerful ground force.

What can I do on Byzantium II if I can't build things?

Until someone declares themselves emperor (which will begin all out war on Byzantium II), you can attack with spy units, submarines, or stealth raider ships in space.  So you are able to assassinate other nobles on the surface, and without a noble at Byzantium II, a player cannot vote in the elections.

What's the tech for getting arboretums?

http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/techchrt2-3/tech.htm
http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/machi/techchrt/techchrt.htm

In both EFS 1.4 and Nova 2.3, you need advanced bacteriology.  To get this you must have: Microbiology, Pharmaceuticals, Genetics, and Genetic Manipulation.

I hope this helps.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2010, 04:57:08 pm »

Thank you. These answers have been incredibly helpful. The razing structures thing will come in handy, a lot. :D

Meanwhile, in my own little game, I've been playing Hazat and have conquered a little rebel waterworld. I'm not quite equipped to construct spaceships yet and I just lost my starting bulk hauler, but I'm just on the cusp of being able to construct stuff. And the church keeps helpfully reminding me that any day now they're going to come and purge my heretical labs, oh, next Sunday, or perhaps the Sunday after that. They've been threatening me for about 30 years now.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »

I've been getting back into EFS-I know the first time I totally flugged up, but can I be given another chance as house al-malik? Or is that already taken?

EDIT:On another note, if I do get accepted what's their current situation and power, empire status, etc.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2010, 10:15:13 pm »

Sorry - we actually did fill that slot, and I guess I hadn't updated the topic to reflect that.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19