Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47  (Read 38949 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you'd be surprised about the EFS fans that magically come out of the woodwork if it's mentioned on various forums.  I know a few places to ask around if we can't find someone here, the trouble is finding someone that wants to role-play the position.  It's not the 1st yet, so I'm not going to look elsewhere until then.  Come on people, al-Malik will let you fulfill your power fantasies.

Helix Marine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I might be able to do it in a day or two after I've tried the game. I'm currently too busy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Good mister Helix M.,

I'm sure that other players appreciate your offer just as much as I do, however, I find myself obliged to state couple of restrictions on the prospective applicant we'd like to impose.
First of all, this game takes TIME. Not necessarily a large chunk of time out of each day(although, you should be prepared for spending an hour handling your turns, al-Malik is a huge empire after all), but it's sure to last for long months at the very least. A year is by no means an overstatement.
If you think you'll be finding yourself too busy to do a turn every half-week for prolonged period of time, then we won't be really willing to let you take over.
Second, if you're completely new to EOFS, and are not a prodigy of sorts, then we'd rather wait for somebody else - al-Malik is currently the single most powerful house(IMO) in game, and is one of the pillars on which the diplomatic balance rests - it's THE opposing force for the northern alliance of Hawkwood and Li Halan. We really would like to see an experienced player take over. A player who can jump right into the heat of battle(ok, there's no battle yet, but a war's been brewing for a long time now).

Having said that, if you actually are an experienced player with a lot of commitment, then I'm sure we'd all like to see you join our little enterprise.

Il Palazzo, self proclaimed head of Human Resources department.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, it's important for an experienced player to take over, in fact, that is the main concern.  I'd be happy with one turn a week for the game (52 a year), but it'd be nice to be able to get at least 3 game turns per 2 weeks done.  mlittle and I have been keeping pace in city count through the game, and he likely has more (since my score is influenced by the Stigmata Garrison).  Given my intense focus on building engineers since the beginning of the game, this means he must be outproducing me on metal and is thus in the best position.  Should an inexperienced player take over then that would really force some large alliance against me.  I rather like the current balance of power in the galaxy, I can't predict the sides of battle, although I assume any major, galaxywide conflict would have the Li Halan and al-Malik on opposite sides.  I'll have nightmares if the Hawkwood attack me.

Since it's the 2nd now, I'm going to post on some other forums where EFS players hangout.  I'm going to stress we'd like someone that role plays their part, because when my tanks roll over their troops, I want to understand the depth of their pain.

Unfortunately my account isn't active at one of the forums.  I registered a few days ago and it still hasn't been approved.  Over at these forums http://www.quartertothree.com/ I've noticed a lot of EFS fans.  There was even a fairly active topic about EFS a couple weeks ago

Does anyone just happen to have an account for that forum?  Or maybe some of you can try registering and see if you get approved quicker than I.

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=58321
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:10:00 am by Kebooo »

Helix Marine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay well I am not experienced at all with this game. I was just offering if you guys didn't mind a non-experience player. I took a look at the game and it looks like it would take a bit to learn everything anyway.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks anyway, Helix Marine.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hullo, Il Palazzo might have a player for us!?
There's this guy I know, who used to play EOFS a lot, and who casually followed(in the sense of lurking) the previous EOFS game - the one with mainiac and lots of backstabbing.
This person would be willing to take over al-Malik, as long as you guys could bear with his less-than-stellar english.
What say you?
(and are we all still in? I know Kebooo is, and so am I)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm up for it.  At this point, I'm up for anyone that's at least played the game before.  I registered at quartertothree and still haven't been approved, I know there are some die-hard fans there but have no access to them by any means.  The guy that runs the forum never replied to my e-mail, and apparently the wait time to be approved can be literally a full month.  So I'm fine with anyone at this point.  Less-than-stellar English will just give rise to Li Halan rumors that the al-Malik, as previously thought, are barbarian lords.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, let's just check if the rest of us is still interested in playing.
Zorgn?
Margrave?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still in. I haven't got to bomb anyone yet, and refuse to quit until I do.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

I agree with Zorgn, he still hasn't had the chance to bomb anyone yet and I refuse to quit until he does!
Besides this game is taking place in a time of chaotic reformation, language barriers are a great excuse to invade:

"Oh... I'm sorry I thought you said you WERE a heretic and disbeliever...my mistake really, sorry about the purging and the be-headings...

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course, this will leave Il Palazzo and I as the only original players.

Let's look deeper into this:

"There's this guy I know"

Translation: "This guy I've got chained up in my room to do my dirty work against the Li Halan"

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blast it! You've got my secret plan figured. But it's only fair, after all I do know that Margrave, Zorgn and you are in fact the same person. Split personality attack!

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would play but I suck, ive played EFS on and off for 8 years or so since i found it.

Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Lord Kranach

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi! I'm very interested if there is still a free slot.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19