Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47  (Read 38936 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 31
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 12:00:48 pm »

Ouch, rough set of traits.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 02:29:44 pm »

Well at least, I may be inept but I am not insane. Or am I...? No, no that's not possible I'm perfectly crazy, I mean mad. No! I am keeping my wits about me in small boxes, or are they cans, I have to remember to label them correctly or I might just lose them! Where is my marker...

Either way, the last player definitely got the Tyranny part right.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 08:32:31 pm »

Well, damn. I've found a bug that, if I can't get it fixed, will kill the game for me. I'll be able to play, but not even close to the level I'd expected. I will share precious intel about house Hawkwood in the hopes that others have found a way around this.

I have a half dozen or so research labs. I'm not quite sure how many, and I'm not sure where they all are. Kejardon was either insane, or brilliant, cause I can never find all of them. Anyway... When Il Palazzo sent me turn 29, I began researching space destroyers. I got it down to 34 points by the beginning of 30. I recieved 31, and it's still at 34 points left. I assign some labs with unused points to it, and instead of completing the tech, the counter goes into the negative.

I cannot complete my destroyer research. I tried giving points to other techs, and they complete fine, but I'm stuck when it comes to this one. Any ideas? I've checked my funds, and it's not a lack of cash stopping me, at least.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 08:53:55 pm »

I've never encountered that problem.  The Nova site lists this under 'known bugs' for research:

Research.
(a) If, during my turn, I assign a Lab to researching the same tech that another Lab is already researching, I often (but not always) lose all the research that I've already done on the latter technology.
(a) If I do enough research to exactly complete a technology (with no excess research points), then I don't get the technology until the following turn.
(b) If I switch a Lab to researching Nothing, the Research Screen for that Lab will thereafter say "You have X research points available". However, this is untrue. (It is true in other circumstances.)
(c) If I switch a Lab to researching Nothing and later switch it to researching something, I get the message: "Warning: you are changing the only lab researching this technology. All research on the old technology will be lost".

Try assigning just one lab to it, and keeping it there for a year.  Or, if there seems no way around this bug, whoever is first to complete destroyer technology could give it to you free in an attempt to alleviate the bug.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 05:52:52 am »

Don't worry Zorgn, as Kebooo said - somebody will just give you the tech when they've researched it. As long as it remains a singular case, I don't see much of a problem there.
(Darn, the Hawkwood already reached Destroyers technology! We must redouble our efforts!)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 05:17:25 pm »

Also, to find where your labs are, go to archives, then city info.  You can sort your cities by city type there and at least see which planet they're on and how many you have.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »

Turn sent. Seems I have one more lab showing up in the research screen than I actually have. I added another lab to my destroyer tech, and hopefully that will fix things so I can begin raining down explosive death before the rest of you. If not, at least I can get DNA assault legions first, though the idea of fighting the church without cruisers doesn't appeal to me.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:26 pm »

I'm itching for someone to research proscribed tech so the church will send some ships away.  Then finally the buildup of league ships at Vera Cruz can end.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 06:49:13 am »

First let me just say welcome to Margrave and Zorgn. Now I need to remember what my plans were and everything else about this PBM. Turn will be done and sent sometime later today.

Turn sent.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 06:21:48 pm by Mlittle »
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:05 pm »

My turn is done and mailed. Postage is getting really expensive these days.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 07:56:15 am »

Oh, god. Not having mainiac's fleet hanging over my homeworld makes me do wasteful things.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 08:07:47 am »

Gah!  That's horrible!  Horrible!  You are sliding into decadence!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 05:44:07 pm »

Decadence? Oh god, indeed, that's horrible. I think I'll throw a mega-party to forget about this realization.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »

I have destroyer tech. Cruisers next turn. Things are looking up again.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 04:47:23 am »

Hrmph. Hawkwood propaganda.
I've got sneakiness and backstabitty techs. Fear me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19