Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: Let's Play PBEM EFS (Emperor of the Fading Suns) - Turn 47  (Read 38943 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump.  Still looking for an al-Malik player.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile

I just picked this up last night (from this thread, actually) and fooled around with it long enough to get a feel for the mechanics.  I can´t promise much, but I offer to take charge of the Al-Malik house and give it my best shot.

Is the save file emailed, or what´s the general process with PBEM? 
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can e-mail it or upload it somewhere.  Generally just e-mail it.

What do you guys say?  At this point, I think I'd be ok with anyone, lest the game die.

Also, several months ago I was working on a guide for EFS.  You can read it here, it might help: http://s235607088.onlinehome.us/EFS/

The fake message to al-Malik is a joke, of course.  Yes, that's it, a joke.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I'm o.k. that. Let us collectively welcome Seamas on board, and hope he injects some chaotic amusement into this otherwise strangely timid game.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile

Welcome to the game that is galactic politics Seamas, I hope you like intrigue and not invading The Hazat. Because there's lot's of both in here.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I guess Zorgn should get his e-mail and send him the turn. 

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye. If you can PM me your email address, I'll send the turn along asap.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I just love intrigue.  I´ve sent my email to Zorgn, and I have yours, Keboo.  Standing by.

By the way, I read your (excellent) EOFS guide this morning and it´s done a lot to enlighten me.  Could someone paraphrase the galactic situation right now, for the sake of context?  Not any history, necessarily; I´ve read the very professional color-coded timeline on the intro post, but I´m not familiar with the standing alliances/enmities between your noble houses.
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I remember correctly, everybody went John Lennon and everlasting love permeates the galaxy. Li Halan and Hawkwood even got married. Their possesions are so intertwined now, that a divorce is highly unlikely. Al Malik never talked much, but he's a big guy and always kept to himself, so no one complained. The Hazat is the sick man of the Galaxy, spends all his free time trying to fix his economy. The Decados sticks to his planets and doesn't do much otherwise.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

´Nuff said.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post sent to Seamus. Good luck.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Saved & sent.  There´s a lot to wrap one´s head around in one turn, jeeeze.

(By the way, I should warn you guys now - I don´t have any internet access over the weekends.  Or at night, for that matter.  I´m in rural Nicaragua for six more weeks and only when I weasel my way into the co-op office can I use their internet.  Those are business hours only.)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't you worry, old chap. This game's been progressing rather slowly ever since it's inception, so we shan't notice.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Both as regent of the Imperium and protector of Chernobog in accord with the Hawkwood-Li Halan defense treaty pact that has been in effect for several decades, House Li Halan would like to know the purpose of the Imperial Fleet at both Chernobog and its ongoing reconassaince mission with a lone frigate.  We have, on record, House Decados objecting to similar behavior from the Imperial Eye.  We trust the Decados have a good explanation for this.

-Regent Gabrielle, High Lord of House Li Halan

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Fleet is merely patrolling the known space for any rebel or symbiot scum. Having finished it's mission at Stigmata cluster, there's hardly anything else to occupy our Empire's finest. There is no need to worry.
-Ibn Palazzo, Commander of the Fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19