Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 Weapon/Loadout Choice  (Read 8180 times)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Weapon/Loadout Choice
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

I've started using an assualt rifle with noob tube, claymores and one man army... For the sole purpose of pissing people off when they complain about noobtubes. :P

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2010, 06:46:36 pm »

Oh yea man, I've been screwing around with that thing since level 60 2nd prestige! I got a 23 kill streak with that :-P

I hate when people are ******@#$@#$'s like that, but I enjoy being the one doing it. So I guess it's a love/hate relationship, right? I'd theoretically condemn that loadout but I know the joy of it.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »

I just think its funny how whiney the playerbase is. I especially like how people constantly complain about camping. On headquarters maps. When people are defending the objective. :P

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2010, 07:02:12 pm »

I really want to comment on that, but let's avoid going off-topic. Any wisdom to share on weapon stats or preferred loadout?
The sigs topic:

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »

Erm, dunno. i don't think I've got any special secrets or anything...

Usually I have cold blooded on pretty much all my classes, and I have one class set aside for each of the 4 main weapon groups (AR, SMG, sniper, LMG) And the last slot i have a sniper rifle with an acog and heartbeat sensor.

Still in the process of getting to the first prestige though, so theres a few things i aint unlocked yet. :P

One note of warning though, if you use one man army theres a limit to the number of claymores you can set. If you go over the oldest one explodes. Found that out the hard way... kept seeing team mates die from my claymores, thought it was wierd, then killed myself with it >_<

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »

Also, if you cross their trigger zones both claymores will detonate.

A big tip around the net is to use C4+Claymore on two one-man army classes to create superpowered Bouncing Betties.

My plan is one with a smg and Claymore, another with sniper and C4. Set the claymores first, then toss a C4 in front of each and start snipin'. If you hear your Claymore trigger and not detonate (Scrambler Pro) then immediately set off your C4 (right trigger sets both off, double-tap of reload sets off only the most recent), and switch to your SMG (3 seconds with OMA Pro is fast, 5 seconds is dangerous). Reset traps, with SMG to clean up anyone while you are fixing your perimeter. A freerunner class will be eliminated by the C4 if they run past the claymore.

Eventually I'm planning to have something like 4 OMA classes to switch between. The one huge handicap to this perk (imo) is that you can't have a good anti-air class with OMA. No launchers. Once you switch, you have to keep using that class until you die again!
The sigs topic:

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2010, 09:53:20 pm »

Here are two of my loadouts:

Nuke Mobile-
MP5K w/ red dot sight
Raffica w/ red dot sight
Sleight of Hand
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Final Stand
Absolutely brutal. I got my first nuke by running around slaughtering people with this.

Ninja (or Spy if you're into TF2)-
**Any Weapon**
Revolver w/ tac knife
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando Pro
He's even got a watch!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2010, 11:25:48 pm »

So I have a question about the first: Why the MP5k? It has poor stats in comparison with other SMG's. I tend to rank it with the F2000, one of those weapons that has no advantages over other weapons in its category. Is there any trait that makes it your favorite?
The sigs topic:

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2010, 02:12:24 am »

You haven't used that class, have you?  I don't know what makes it special, but it is absolutely devastating. Damn near unstoppable.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2010, 02:27:57 am »

I use intervention with thermal, TMP, smoke grenade, claymore, sleight of hand, cold blooded, and steady aim.

28 kill streak....snipers rule (yet are underpowered)

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:51 am »

I've tried the thermal scopes and absolutely hate them. Too many people have cold blooded, and it makes everything a pain in the ass to see. Is there some secret trick to using it I'm not getting? Or am i just crap at thermal?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »

I don't see too many people with cold-blooded anymore, And if i do, it's easy to see them when they move.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2010, 03:51:14 pm »

You haven't used that class, have you?  I don't know what makes it special, but it is absolutely devastating. Damn near unstoppable.

No, I haven't gotten to the MP5k at all yet. I would love to try it out but I didn't bring my xbox home with me. This is my way of feeding my addiction when I can't play :)

Will let you know how I do with it as soon as I can test it out! When lagging I average about 1-1 (we're talking about .5 second lag 50% of the time I play), and when I don't it is anywhere from 5-1 to 2-1, so I would consider it working well for me at around a 3-1 ratio. Of course we all have those 33-0 team deathmatch rounds every so often that make you feel like a badass :)

Oh, new bit of important info that I've learned (which is apparently widely used in some circles):
How to level up extremely quickly!
This is a great method because it is legitimate, and will cut your leveling time literally in half. Good players should Prestige in around 18-22 hours of gameplay rather than the normal 40-60 with this method. If you've been playing for a while then you know that you can hop into an objective-based game like Groundwar Domination and just headhunt in a noobish lobby to get easy kills and streaks. That's the first part and fairly obvious. The big experience booster is actually using Emergency Airdrop as your main killstreak, and not picking up the boxes! You will literally pick up an extra 10-15 thousand xp per game! The trick is that killstreaks are worth much, much more experience if you do not use them yourself. The only things you want to make exceptions for are Chopper Gunners and AC-130's (Sentry Guns on TDM because sharing them doesn't net much xp), and maybe not even those if you are playing an anti-aircraft heavy team. You want to set up your killstreaks to boost you to EAD as quickly as possible (Predator>Harrier>EAD or something of the sort) and hang back 'til you can earn and deploy it for your team. You'll rack up a few thousand xp every time you allow others to deploy your UAV's, Attack Helicopters, Pavelows, and other streaks that are iffy at best for picking up as much xp as you get for sharing them. This is where you make a choice: Would I rather take a risk on padding my kill/death during the match, or go for several thousand extra xp to Prestige quickly?

TL;DR: So after that long summary, the idea is: You get much more experience for sharing than deploying yourself, so share your Emergency Airdrop and then go suicidal-aggressive so you can die and do it again, as many times as possible. If you're good you should still see a 3-1 or better ratio and an extra 10k+ xp per match. Better in Ground War, obviously. This is a way of getting the xp you get for mercing S&D matches without having to seriously outplay skilled S&D players or invest even half as much time per match.
The sigs topic:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]